Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Owned by a turk

This is a discussion on Owned by a turk within the Trading disputes & reports forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I made a post not long ago, saying that a turk had put $200 into my paypal account to buy ...
Page: 1

Aqu

Default Owned by a turk

I made a post not long ago, saying that a turk had put $200 into my paypal account to buy an iron necklace.

1 month and 2 days later I recieve an email from paypal, telling me that he has done a charge back on me.

-----------------------------------
    Details of Disputed Transaction
    -----------------------------------

Buyer's Name: Hakan Basaran
    Buyer's Email: [email protected]
    Transaction Date: 24 Apr 2006
    Transaction Amount: -$200.00 USD
    Fantastic, $200 that I cant touch because some filthy turk has decided to pretend he never recieved the iron necklace (oh noes!).

Well apparently paypal never charge back on intangible items, not enough proof and such like. However this turk charged back directly with his credit card company, who of course back up their client. This turkish credit card company then fought paypal for my $200.

On my previous post everybody told me that there was nothing to worry about, its intangible so I will always win. Not the case when its credit card company vs paypal, in that case it seems to be ME that needs to be showing all the proof. Needless to say BECAUSE its intangible I cant.

So I log into paypal today and notice that the $200 that has been on hold for the last few weeks has now vanished. My first ever time of being scammed. And hes turkish, could it BE any more predictable, scammed by a turk for USD.

Thing is, because paypal defended my position to the credit card company they have placed my account £10 into debt for fighting for me. So wait, they charge me £10 for losing my $200? How the fucking hell does that work?

So I rang paypal asked them how they could justify this? Their responce was that its in the EULA. Fair play to them. However my reply that "Yes however clearly I have no intention of paying this back to you, and so I've cancelled my direct debit with my bank" was met with a little bit of annoyance from the paypal rep. "But you have to pay it" she tells me. "Why would I volunteer my hard earned cash to pay you for losing $200 of my money which I know I shouldnt have lost in the first place?".
    Yeah, she didnt have an answer for that one. So now I effectively cant use my paypal account for the moment.

So anyway, ending of the story is this:

I sell 1 thing to a turk, 1 thing in my whole life, this myth about all turks being scammers/dupers/hackers has got to be just that doesnt it? A myth....
    1 sale to a turk - 1 chargeback - 1 scam.
    So you could argue that 100% of turks have scammed me. (No faulting my maths there :P)

However, given that this guy that scammed me IS turkish, hes also rather stupid. When buying an intangible item (and knowing that you're going to charge me back) you can select not to display your home address.......this guy didnt.

So, being a member of the English gentry, and him being a member of the Turkish scumsucker lifestyle, heres his full name and address.

Hakan Basaran
    Akatlar mah. *
    Zeytinoglu cad. *
    Farma sitesi no:8 *
    Blok4 Etiler *
    Istanbul
    Turkey
    Prizes can be awarded with that fun things can be done to this scamming turk. Bonus points for the ability for them to be recorded for prosperity.

At the end of it all, I'm $200 down and annoyed with turkish people.
    Peace out.

the lengths people go to in a fucking online game, i swear it's unbelievable

If only allah was against chargeback

Originally posted by Festo
    and against "10k pls aga"

fark begger

hlubik

200$ hurts..

..one day, Allah will be pwned and scammed by turk

Dunno if it can be a "proof"...

But maybe doing a video of the trade to the guy can work...

For example if you had frapsed the trade maybe you can send to paypal etc...

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by Festo
    LOL

Hostage

Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yun_Yuuzhan)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Festo
    LOL[/b]
    Sometimes I feel like I want to laugh. Then other times I wonder why turks hate us so much.

AllTheWay

dunno what about where you live, but in israel, 200 $ is a price of
    a flying ticket to istanbul.. i would spend 200 more on this turk
    just to meet him

FatM4n

Sorry to hear about it.
    I hope u will get ur paypal account back.

It's amazing how a turk can go so far just dor some pixels and some item in a game.
    It's sad to see that he have no life

TunaFishyMe

wow. thats fucking ridiculous. Im not so sure about the rules about credit cards but wont that give him a bad record? To go through all that crap to get 200 dollars... wow

Cocaine

<----- not suprised

wako0

did u transfer the money to ur bank?

Aqu

Yeah I did, but then I got another payment in, and paypal stole the turks $200 from this new payment I got.

TunaFishyMe

assuming you didnt get the new payment, could you refuse to pay? What exactly would happen?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast