Paypal, Ebay and Virtual Items =Scammed

This is a discussion on Paypal, Ebay and Virtual Items =Scammed within the Trading disputes & reports forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Please be aware DO NOT sell any type of in-game item/character/currency thru Ebay using paypal. I was just scammed out ...
Page: 1

kaitara

Default Paypal, Ebay and Virtual Items =Scammed

Please be aware DO NOT sell any type of in-game item/character/currency thru Ebay using paypal. I was just scammed out of $250 for gold bars for KO. The buyer saying unauthorized use of her credit card. Paypal's policy of not covering the sale of "virtual items" encourages and promotes scamming. Paypal asked me for proof, I gave them the emails I got from the buyer confiming the buy thru ebay, the email directly to me confirming the purchase, the 2nd email address they used when they contacted me thru msn while awaiting server restart to deliver coins, in game screnshots of the delivery. Not good enough. It all comes down to no matter what proof you have, they do not cover the sale of virtual items. Scammers are allowed to chargeback up to 5K per year per account.

I called paypal, and explained for them that Paypal is being used to facilitate a fraud. This is what would ahve had to occur for this to be an unauthorized purchase on thier credit card.
    1. Steal the credit card
    2. Steal thier ebay login and password
    3. Steal their Paypal login and password
    4. Steal thier email login and password for thier first email address
    5. Steal their email and log in for their msn (which used a different but similar email name)
    6. Steal their game account log in and password

They would use the stolen credit card, log into Ebay, buy the items, log into paypal to pay for it, wait a day for me to get ahold of them after the purchase, log into ebay again, get my ebay mail i sent them about delivery, log into msn while we waited on server restart, meet them in game, make delivery, log out of game say good bye and ty on msn, log off, and they loged back into ebay and left me good feedback.

I have all thier emails msn log, and screenshot of ingame delivery. No good to paypal they wont listen

Sooo...if you want to sell virtual items on ebay, list them for Postal Money order only, get the money order go to the post office cash it then make your delivery. Paypal will just get charged back, checks and credit cards can be cancelled. yes apostal money order can be cancelled, but when you go to the post office, they will tell u it was cancelled when u try to cash it, and then u just dont deliver. They have to pay a fee i think to cancel their money order, so they will lose, not you.

Just a heads up, and hope it saves someone the cost of what I am going thru.

FYI its not just virtual if someone buys with stolen paypal no matter the item seller usually gets fucked

Hells Kitchen

Originally posted by Private
    FYI its not just virtual if someone buys with stolen paypal no matter the item seller usually gets fucked
    not true its only virtual items, because anything else gets sent via mail, so you have a mailing proof sent and you can send that to e-bay / paypal and get your money from either the person who bought your item, or pay-pal/e-bay will just give you the money instead, but they wont t do that if its a virtual item.

that's why you only deal with verified members, and you be verified yourself. Then, they send you the money and you transfer it into your bank account, and when you receive the money in your bank account (they can't chargeback anymore), then you hand over the items. And I know what you're going through, I lost $900 usd because of this stolen credit card shit.