• 1 Post By SheldonCooper
  • 1 Post By Euphoria
  • 1 Post By Decerto
  • 1 Post By Decerto
  • 1 Post By SexyLittleAnimal

Scammers / People who donate and later attempt to chargeback the owner

This is a discussion on Scammers / People who donate and later attempt to chargeback the owner within the Trading disputes & reports forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; All players who played KO-MYKO and after a while that server had been online made intentional chargeback attempts to profit ...
Page: 1

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Default Scammers / People who donate and later attempt to chargeback the owner

All players who played KO-MYKO and after a while that server had been online made intentional chargeback attempts to profit more for themselves
    The chargeback attempts are lost in 99,9% of the time due to our strong ToS. But that doesn't mean we will not make a wider public aware of fraudsters, hence making this topic!

Hosted on external DMCA and GDPR free source* - HERE: https://chargebacks.ko-myko.digital/
    *Source is located in Romania where these laws don't apply (Upon Admin's request I've moved the list to such external source)

Short list of players:

Vtec (Bryan) - ingame name: WipeOUT / Discord: OutofControl#0136
    Aldo - ingame name: Sulten
    Erick - ingame name: Cronos
    Last edited by SheldonCooper; 03-23-2021 at 10:37 AM.
    YouGotPwndByMyAss likes this.

Anabolic Senior Member Euphoria's Avatar

It's not a reason for a good ko4life ban ? (@Diver)
    black likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
    It's a bit more complicated than that. I know for a fact that a very large portion of the PSKO player base will try to charge back if they get pissed and rage quit a server for whatever reason. The whole PSKO scene is kind of a gray area. It's far easier to just let the server owners and developers handle everything internally, without getting KO4Life involved with everything. If someone on KO4Life charge backed NTTGame, I don't think anybody would give a shit, because it's a company. The reason why it's easier to defend server owners is because they're mostly ex-players and they interact with the community directly, but in the end they're trying to run a business. Anyway, I don't know what the community's take on the whole subject is.

If you chargeback a legit server that's actually doing work and the owner is a respectable guy, then you're a piece of shit. But if you find out that the server is corrupt and there's shady business going on, then chargeback all you want, I will never look at you in a negative light.

Quote Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
    Yeah I think it was this topic in 2015 Diver - [email protected]

He CBed like 5$ and then asked me if I can remove his real name from exposure and just leave paypal email, so in good favor I did it

It's not a big issue for me really if you chargeback you will lose 99% of CBs on my server are lost cause of well written T&C that we have and the fact that when we dispute we make very strong case.

But I still like to have my personal list of those CBers just so it doesn't get forgotten over time
    YouGotPwndByMyAss likes this.

Ive played a few of your servers and have been tempted a few times to chargeback as the server died in the same day. Dropping hundreds of dollars for a few hours of content is kinda shitty. However, you always gave us back our KC on the next launch so I just let it go. Businesses fail and I know you work hard and invest money into it but at the end of the day you're making money from a game that doesn't belong to you. My opinion is that if a server can't last a day or two and you spent hundreds I would hope you would refund those individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoreKillah View Post
    My opinion is that if a server can't last a day or two and you spent hundreds I would hope you would refund those individuals.
    Unfortunately that is never going to happen. Thats why you see relaunches after relaunches after relaunches of the same servers for years. Because the server owners just hope for a quick buck and who gives a shit if the server dies.
    SacruM likes this.

Which is why in my opinion reporting people who chargeback on a server that last a day is a bad look. Take your money and be happy with what you got. Sheldon knows his previous servers have only lasted a day so I'm not sure why hes outing people who should be refunded.

Which is why in my opinion reporting people who chargeback on a server that last a day is a bad look. Take your money and be happy with what you got. Sheldon knows his previous servers have only lasted a day so I'm not sure why hes outing people who should be refunded.
    You can't have a cake and eat it too. One can't spend the Knight Cash then demand money back, for something that he or she fully spent. Furthermore,upon account creation you agree to our Terms and Conditions, including the paragraph regarding purchases. This is marked as a contribution towards our project. You can read the full documentation here: https://ko-myko.com/tac

None of our servers lasted "a day" only, unsure, where you are getting that information from and we also never closed any server down from one to the next day.

Secondly, delivered KC is completed service, if there are 5 users playing or 1000 users playing, the KC has been given, and the KC has been spent by these users. We never vouch for high player count, which is exactly why we define this as a donation. As per our ToS, you vouch to not dispute it. We have never closed a server with any players left on it, and we never would.

Best,
    Flash
    Last edited by SexyLittleAnimal; 12-18-2020 at 06:04 AM.
    TabbyCat likes this.

There are terms and conditions written for a reason.
    What is your opinion on how you should act doesn't give you the right to do so, if it's not in terms and conditions with the server you registered and played on. And while activating your account there, you had to agree with those terms in the first place. -> btw this is also the reason why we win every single chargeback pretty much, we reffer to our terms.

You are playing server on our terms, not on your terms, that's a huge difference. You don't have to play server on our terms, therefor you don't even create an account in the first place, nobody is forcing you to play. But if you do, you will have to honnor T&C and other rules.
    It was also your sole decision to throw hundreds of dollars into KC vouchers and babashop stuff on the first few hours of the server, the stuff that was cheap or worthless after the next 24 hours of the server.

Also nobody is forcing anyone to play on a hit n run servers from turkish owners, but they still play becaues they choose so despite knowing it's a short server.

It is my sole right to expose those people that chargesback and will continoue to do so when the list piles up.
    TabbyCat likes this.

Topic has been updated!

Topic updated:

Vtec (Bryan)
    Aldo - Sulten
    Last edited by SheldonCooper; 03-23-2021 at 10:36 AM.

Topic updated:

Erick - Cronos
    https://ko-myko.com/character/CRONOS

You might reconsider the source used as a GDPR free one. Romania implemented GDPR recently

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    02-14-2023, 12:08 PM