Just being an outside objector, there are compelling points to both sides of this scam.
Against the scammer:
1. You had pw, then he was scammed, not too far away to connect this. Why would he blame you, he must feel damn sure to make this public.
2. Weird that you never answered him and why would you ask him if he's quitting? (This question alone is odd since it opens the door to your possible reasonings to go for the scam, usually a thief or criminal has many of these types of reasonings to go along with the crime, very common).
3. You kept saying that it's not possible for you to get on his account, obviously everyone on these forums knows about proxy, aside from asking anyone else in same IP area to log...it really goes against you to argue a point you know very well you could get around or anyone else.
4. If you had 10x every item, why would ur character have the exact items this guy just lost (esp at +6?), it's too coincidental for someone claiming richness. Richness doesn't explain away greed, just look at all the great businesses in the world. You also never expressed any remorse for someone getting hacked, despite you looking possibly guilty, someone innocent would more than likely try to help and encourage the person to find the truth, not so with you (simple psychology). If you had 10x everything you might have even offered a couple items to help this guy...or not.
Against the scammed:
1. You let more then one person have your pw. Nuff said, this creates too much doubt to single out anyone 100% without real proof.
2. Since you came back to game someone who might have ur PW from before might see ur on now, and look to hack or scam ur account - although this isn't likely you have to look at any other real possible opening in your case.
3. Since TC is asking Linus to look into it, he could very well track where the items were traded, this does go towards TC proving his innocence (or guilt) but most guilty people don't try to open the door to a decisive proof, this action leans towards innocence...unless of course it's not true and Linus isn't helping him. Again, Linus can match the exact items and follow where they were traded and on to what characters, etc. If these items were on TC or any of his logged character (cross checking matching IPs from any logging), it would be proof either way.
Any way, I hope you guys work it out because over all, scamming is really the one thing that purely ruins everything.
Just because its all virtual doesn't take away from the morality, a rose is a rose. I just think scammers online are pussies who are too chicken shit to scam people in RL where they have to face up to their victims.