any thoughts?

This is a discussion on any thoughts? within the Trading disputes & reports forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; so i sold an account with some items to an indivdual (a turk) and he paid me all legit in ...
Page: 1

EXP Extraordinaire Senior Member HeavensReject's Avatar

so i sold an account with some items to an indivdual (a turk) and he paid me all legit in pay pal and i recieved the money. figuring he would do a chargeback once i gave him info to the account i sent the funds to my homie and he withdrew them to his bank account. so of course as soon as he has info he charges me back sayin his account was used without his consent or sum bullshit. so pay pal starts sum investigation crap and i dispute the guys claim sayin it was for virtual items, in-tangible goods, etc. i doubt this will help me as pay pal now says the case is "closed" and my balance is now -$520 which is the amount he originally sent me. any thoughts as to what to do as i know people on here have dealt with this before. or anyone that can trace his IP to turkey so i can go shoot him in the head? thanks in advance and feel free to laugh that i got scammed by a turk xD

so i sold an account with some items to an indivdual (a turk) and he paid me all legit in pay pal and i recieved the money. figuring he would do a chargeback once i gave him info to the account i sent the funds to my homie and he withdrew them to his bank account. so of course as soon as he has info he charges me back sayin his account was used without his consent or sum bullshit. so pay pal starts sum investigation crap and i dispute the guys claim sayin it was for virtual items, in-tangible goods, etc. i doubt this will help me as pay pal now says the case is "closed" and my balance is now -$520 which is the amount he originally sent me. any thoughts as to what to do as i know people on here have dealt with this before. or anyone that can trace his IP to turkey so i can go shoot him in the head? thanks in advance and feel free to laugh that i got scammed by a turk xD[/b]
    God damn turks man... <_< we called it though, so i&#39;m not surprised this shit happened. Fools need to quit scamming people and having their whole country riot when KO servers are down hahahahahhahaha. I hope this dude gets shot in the face. cuz God knows if he doesn&#39;t, we&#39;ll do it.

damn shoot him the head

a person just like me
    damn i hate scammers, really piss me off&#39;
    i have only done two trades, the last one i got scammed
    and i haven&#39;t traded anything ever since fall of 2006

sorry to hear
    hopefully u find out where he lives and beat him out or she :P

damn shoot him the head

a person just like me
    damn i hate scammers, really piss me off&#39;
    i have only done two trades, the last one i got scammed
    and i haven&#39;t traded anything ever since fall of 2006

sorry to hear
    hopefully u find out where he lives and beat him out or she :P[/b]

lol if hes a turk he probably lives in turkey.. so you&#39;d probably spend more going to his country than u got scammed for. but yeah sorry to hear that&#39;s extra lame..

P4rthen0n

Not much you can do really. You don&#39;t even have to pay back what paypal wants, that&#39;s what i did. 6 months later they just locked my account and that&#39;s it. But i live in Portugal, paypal won&#39;t come here anyway, if you live in the states it&#39;d probably be a diferent story.
    Anyway good luck man.

I sure hope your account was unverified, because if paypal knows your contact info they will threaten you with a lawsuit in a couple of months. Happened to me before, not much you can do about it other than pay the bill. I also live in the US, and paypal did nothing exept basicly telling me to fuck off. They should really change their TOS.

yeah my account is still unverified and always has been. so if i just never pay off the negative money in the account will the cops show up one day or wut?

P4rthen0n

I sure hope your account was unverified, because if paypal knows your contact info they will threaten you with a lawsuit in a couple of months. Happened to me before, not much you can do about it other than pay the bill. I also live in the US, and paypal did nothing exept basicly telling me to fuck off. They should really change their TOS.[/b]
    Mine was a verified account. It&#39;s been over 6 months and nothing, they just locked the account, can&#39;t log it now, they stopped sending mails. Like i said, it&#39;s Portugal, i seriously doubt they&#39;ll bother doing anything. It&#39;s just 200€ anyway.

This was the last email i got from them regarding the negative balance (mail was sent 31/Dec/2006):
    Dear XXXXXXXX,

We have made several attempts to contact you regarding your PayPal acount. According to our records, you have not yet added the funds necessary to bring your balance to at least zero.

At this time, we are reviewing your account for potential referral to a collection agency. This action could result in your PayPal account being locked.

This is our final attempt to contact you. You must add funds to your account and bring the balance to at least zero immediately.

To add funds to your account:
    1. Log in to your PayPal account.
    2. Click "Restore Your Balance".
    3. Follow the instructions to transfer funds to your PayPal account.

You can also add funds using a check or money order. Make your check or money order payable to PayPal, and send it to:
    PayPalP.O. Box XXXXXXX, NE XXXXXXXX

Please include the email address associated with your PayPal account in the memo area and allow 10 business days for the funds to be posted to your PayPal account.

If payment is not received within 10 days, additional collection remedies may be used to bring this account current.

Sincerely,
    PayPal[/b]
    Well, it&#39;s been 157 days since i got that mail from Paypal, still nothing. But like i said, probably the situation would be diferent if i lived in the US i think. If they don&#39;t come after me, no way i&#39;m paying them for the money Nas scammed.

haha thats awesome. i dont plan on paying either. im hoping that because my account was unverified they cant really follow up and "come after me" for the money. but yeah if u were in the usa it might be a little bit different. lol.

thanks for all the input people any other thoughts would be appreciated

Banned

so i sold an account with some items to an indivdual (a turk) and he paid me all legit in pay pal and i recieved the money. figuring he would do a chargeback once i gave him info to the account i sent the funds to my homie and he withdrew them to his bank account. so of course as soon as he has info he charges me back sayin his account was used without his consent or sum bullshit. so pay pal starts sum investigation crap and i dispute the guys claim sayin it was for virtual items, in-tangible goods, etc. i doubt this will help me as pay pal now says the case is "closed" and my balance is now -$520 which is the amount he originally sent me. any thoughts as to what to do as i know people on here have dealt with this before. or anyone that can trace his IP to turkey so i can go shoot him in the head? thanks in advance and feel free to laugh that i got scammed by a turk xD[/b]
    1) do WU no charge back ftw
    2) why you do it with a turk ? your fualt

Wooooooooooooooow, not only did they take 500 from this fools paypal, those bitches went INTO my bank account today and took another 500 on top of that. Fuck that, that shit is illegal, they can&#39;t be doin that. Fuck that bitch ass turk that charged back.

P4rthen0n

Really ? Did they actually did that ? I didn&#39;t know they could make transactions without your authorization.
    Can&#39;t you tell your bank not to pay them ?

Banned

Really ? Did they actually did that ? I didn&#39;t know they could make transactions without your authorization.
    Can&#39;t you tell your bank not to pay them ?[/b]
    well if hes -500$ then i think its already gone from his bank

i aint payin that turk or pay pal a muthafuckin DIME. they locked my pay pal account and said i have to pay the balance before they will unlock it. big whoop cuz im never payin. fuck that piece of shit turkish little bitch.