Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

3 Things that make a good pvp movie?

This is a discussion on 3 Things that make a good pvp movie? within the Media forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Let me know your top 3 tick boxes to make a great PvP movie. Looking to create one soon want ...
Page: 1

Default 3 Things that make a good pvp movie?

Let me know your top 3 tick boxes to make a great PvP movie.
    Looking to create one soon want some goals,

manolis2010 likes this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uio0AUeiIuM

1: make sure you are double the amount of people compared to those you are fighting
    2: also make sure you have 2 kurians
    3: put it up on youtube

no bad movements its a great start kanka

1. kill people in ways they never expect

1. Edits in correlation with music provided.
    2. Action that is different from your everyday PK sessions.
    3. No 8v8 parts. Just don't. People prefer seeing a bloodbath rather than a equally competitive match.

Little archer Senior Member

1. Impressive PK clips / original or unique footage / plays that are uncommon or have yet to be done. Be creative.
    2. Proper editing that follows the flow of the action. Syncing up the music with the clips, stylish effects, text that does not look out of place, innovative editing, etc.
    3. Generally likable music. Niche music genres not welcome. Hiphop / rap (half of the people don't really enjoy it), overdone mainstream shit or overused songs in pk vids, out of place music ('comedic' tunes, slow songs, etc) are probably not recommended. Something semi-fast paced, with or without lyrics (if lyrics are present, it would be better if they make a bit of sense in the pk context /editing syncing) would be best.

4. video quality.

no slow motion emc / luf walking which lasts 2 minutes..
    JayClaiba and ilterates like this.

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

1) not being mega geared in relation to the average player on your server.
    2) don't use the same " let the bodies hit the floor" and " dudududududud" that everyone uses
    3) I don't want to watched versus
    WnxMiqdad and JayClaiba like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
    1) not being mega geared in relation to the average player on your server.
    2) don't use the same " let the bodies hit the floor" and " dudududududud" that everyone uses
    3) I don't want to watched versus
    lul i love to watch how a aveerage geared guy kills a lets say baba with full gear :P

Good iniciative with this thread because in times of live streams and super high upload rates, people are making way too many videos so it's now extremely banal. And everything that gets banalized instantly loses quality. With that being said:

1) Put a lot of time in your video so you can decently edit it. You don't need to finish in a day.
    2) Isolated "minimalist" fights (that are not visually poluted inside bowl crowded with 300 people) should be present.
    3) Variation is key. From music to PK styles and places.

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEq9EVkfenI
    2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbwuQ1nCG1k

These two vids are perfectly done in my oppinion, especially the mage one, thoose are a good example, at leas i think so

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    Good iniciative with this thread because in times of live streams and super high upload rates, people are making way too many videos so it's now extremely banal. And everything that gets banalized instantly loses quality. With that being said:

1) Put a lot of time in your video so you can decently edit it. You don't need to finish in a day.
    2) Isolated "minimalist" fights (that are not visually poluted inside bowl crowded with 300 people) should be present.
    3) Variation is key. From music to PK styles and places.
    While I agree, it has become extremely apparent that the game is becoming stale in terms of skill and gameplay. Back in the day the people who made PK videos were incredibly overpowered and people failed to recognize this. But even after people realized that BOOOOOOOOOO and HitMachine among many others were completely out of the league of the players they killed, people still loved watching overpowered characters destroy people in 1v5, 2v8 and so on. I like watching mage PK videos because it's just a group of people killing a TON OF PEOPLE. The better mage teams pull of weird tricks to completely upset the situation and it's fun to watch for me, because I can understand the thought process and analyze the situation.

For melees it's so much harder. 8v8 is mostly a chaotic brawl, so it's not fun to watch unless you know that the losing team is well-known and expected to win. Always cheer for the underdogs. So if you wish to make an entertaining melee PK video you have to show clips that are impressive or uncommon. Basically PK action that is hard to copy or recreate in a casual PK session.
    JayClaiba likes this.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by xGodakaMirza View Post
    1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEq9EVkfenI
    2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbwuQ1nCG1k

These two vids are perfectly done in my oppinion, especially the mage one, thoose are a good example, at leas i think so
    Music in mage vid was okay, but the footage doesn't allow for much editing creativity imo. It's just nuke -> fade to black. Repeat. Stopped watching at 4 mins but I doubt it'll get much different than that.

The other video has amateurish edits at best, which is fine if that's the kind of video you are going for.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    The other video has amateurish edits at best, which is fine if that's the kind of video you are going for.
    Can you give an example of a KO PK video that doesn't have amateur-ish edits? I sincerely doubt anyone that's an actual video editor ever made a KO PK video, assuming you didn't pay them a ludicrous amount of money.

Edit: Also @Kallop

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    1. Edits in correlation with music provided.
    Do you think this is alright if you're constantly changing the song? I find this difficult to do with clips with one continuous song, but at the same time it's also annoying to hear a new song with just the drop or whatever every 30 seconds.

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xGodakaMirza View Post
    lul i love to watch how a average geared guy kills a lets say baba with full gear :P
    with team work,tactics ,switching targets etc etc

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast