Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Want me to make your PK video?

This is a discussion on Want me to make your PK video? within the Media forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hi guys. I've had a number of PMs asking if I could edit/create your pro PK video in exchange for ...
Page: 1

iTzBryan Senior Member

Default Want me to make your PK video?

Hi guys. I've had a number of PMs asking if I could edit/create your pro PK video in exchange for $$$. My short answer is YES! I love editing and I'd be happy to make more Knight Online PK videos.

Some things I thought about that would be required in the process:

• I would post it to my YouTube Channel and would give you the video to post it on yours (or wherever) as well
    • Maximum video length would be somewhere around 10 minutes (for viewer interest)
      • More than 10 minutes would incur an additional fee

• You would have to mail me a USB of your clips
      • Your clips need to be 1080p resolution and 60 FPS preferred

• We could discuss music selection, scene sequence, and the credit reel
    • I'd give one "creative focus" session where I would present you with the video, and you could suggest any changes that you'd like to see made before finalizing the project
    • Optional teaser trailer at an additional cost

UPDATE: I've decided my price is $20 per video minute, or $150 for a 10 minute video. (this rate may be lowered depending on the complexity of your request i.e. less $$$ for less time required editing).

Please feel free to make an offer via private message.

Here are some examples of my [KO] work:

-Bryan
    Last edited by itzbryan; 01-03-2017 at 09:06 PM.

Fap fap fap Senior Member ISpitOnYourGrave's Avatar

since i'm extremely lazy to edit myself, i would enjoy this alot, got skype or something?

iTzBryan Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ISpitOnYourGrave View Post
    since i'm extremely lazy to edit myself, i would enjoy this alot, got skype or something?

Nice I will definitely contact you when I will have some good material for you

iTzBryan Senior Member

For anyone who thinks it might be too expensive to buy the external memory to mail me your footage... SanDisk Cruzer Glide 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Black SDCZ60-064G-A46 - Best Buy

Cyber Monday ftw

will you mail back the USB?

iTzBryan Senior Member

Yeah of course

iTzBryan Senior Member

After talking with multiple people, I've come up with my price.

Quote Originally Posted by itzbryan View Post
    After talking with multiple people, I've come up with my price.
    nvm 10 chars

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

If I want to pay you more than the listed price as a thanks for doing such a phenomenal job, is that an option?
    itzbryan likes this.

I'd pay $150 for editing like this:

Weez, itzbryan and Diver like this.

iTzBryan Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    I'd pay $150 for editing like this:

I feel you. Those edits are cool. And believe it or not? I can do those, too. But you can only do so much with what you have to work with... Obviously Knight Online doesn't have the capabilities to produce anything close to this quality of cinematic depth. Yet, I've still managed to innovate the creative edit scene on multiple occasions for what IS available to do in KO.

Quote Originally Posted by iNuke View Post
    150$ for 10min video thats ridiculous, who da f4ck is paying that much for such a crappy editing,
    You really have the nerve to say this on a game where someone spent $16,000 on a single weapon? Tell me more about how ridiculous I am? Additionally, typical "entry level video editors," as you say I am, cost $20-50/hour ($20-50 per video minute). This is nothing new nor unfair. I'm sorry you're so offended. lol.
    Last edited by razor; 01-03-2017 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    It's kind of funny as to how you're trying to inflate your own ego here, talking about what you can and can't do, as well as what you have to work with.

Not a single part of that video I linked was filmed in counter strike. It was all mostly in other programs (Cinema4D mostly, some AfterEffects and Vegas but not much) and in the end it was rendered in UE4.

As far as what you've managed to "innovate" and what not, I don't know if you can really make that claim, it's pretty easy to just see something in some video from another game and copy it (not saying you did that specifically, but there's a very, very slim chance someone would be able to catch you on it, so it's pretty easy to just mask your own creativity).

My point still stands; paying $150 for someone to just take your clips, zoom in and add some music is kind of a rip off, the only way it would be justified is if you could bring something to the scene that would truly be amazing (such as that video I linked, very rare to find any CS video similar to that, given the technology has been out for 1-2 years now and available to everyone), and if you do, please link it, because they generally are extremely successful given the amount of effort needed to produce that.

The only way it would be justified is if you were someone like Sparkles (in the CS:GO community, over 1.8 million subs on youtube, tons of edits not just from himself) who has some insane follower count to mass produce and show your stuff off to (pretty sure he actually randomly chooses and takes community clips, edits them and posts them and gives full credit without any charge actually).

I don't think anyone would pay $150 for a video edit unless they were extremely rich and mentally incapable of looking up how to use vegas (literally millions of tutorials). And as far as people spending ludicrous amounts of money on this game; I don't think that's comparable to this scenario given the fact that one is a tangible item that can be re-sold (really easy to re-sell on frmtr, that's why people like IMockeR aren't afraid of baba-ing out every server), versus something like this.
    nice quality
    tobol and YouGotPwndByMyAss like this.

Quote Originally Posted by itzbryan View Post
    I'm offering a service. If you don't like it, you don't think I'm qualified, you think it's overpriced -- you don't inquire. It's really very straight forward. I'm not looking to scam anyone; I'm looking to address the multiple private messages I've received over the past few months asking if I would make a PK video for money. This isn't a whim I had to flaunt my editing prowess as you so clearly think is the case. I'm sorry you're so offended by what I love to do. The bottom line here is, unfortunately, anything I say/do/post is wrong in your eyes as you and a hand full of others have consistently expressed. At the end of the day, there's no reason to continue this meaningless dialogue biased by whatever resentment you have of me. Thanks for the bump.
    I don't know what makes you think I have some kind of resentment against you; all I did was quote your post and say where I disagree'd once. I don't at all, and I have no reason to as we've never played together, nor against each other, and your video edits were quite nice for someone doing this as a hobby like most other people on this forum. But to say that you love video editing and then charge $150 for a 10 minute video? Do you really love editing that much, or are you being nice and you think you should be charging $300?

I don't think you're flaunting your editing prowess, but to say stuff like "you can only do so much with what you have to work with" and "I've still managed to innovate the creative edit scene on multiple occasions" like, what? You tell people in this same thread they have no logic or argument against what you said yet you aren't even going to address or try to defend your own posts when I confront you and question what you've done? I'm not even being some sort of troll either :/

And as far as this "service", there seems to be a handful of questions someone could have, so it'd be great if you could cover that now.

What happens if the USB never arrives?
    What happens if the USB is damaged and some of the clips are lost?
    What happens if the client doesn't like the end video?
    Are you going to give the client a program to record with or are you just going to trust they don't record with something like bandicam?

Also, who exactly did you talk to about this price? Was it the people that actually PM'd you about this? Because it seems as if you're spending a lot of time just replying to posts here and not editing; slow day?

Little archer Senior Member

As always the meme brigade has gathered to (try to) gun down a single poster. How fun.

Topic cleaned, do it again and there will be some bans.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast