Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Fraps vs Game Cam

This is a discussion on Fraps vs Game Cam within the Media forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by SlmShady+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SlmShady)</div> <!--QuoteBegin-Devile Gamecam movies look like crap. I'm pretty sure u can change quality options but ...
Page: 2

Originally posted by SlmShady+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SlmShady)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Devile
    Gamecam movies look like crap. I'm pretty sure u can change quality options but guess most ppl use defaults or lower settings so they can play with decent FPS.

I always use FRAPS cause its easier to use and the quality is great. Yes, there's a performance hit, but my PC can take it.
    thats because if u use the free non pirated gamecam, somethin crappy under 640x480 is the only res u can use...[/b]
    doesnt metter about resolution, the important is bitrate and compress option
    just look to TV, the PAL is 512x728 (i think) and standart for NTCS is 640x480

there is no difference in image quality. you should set gamecam to record to .bmp and image quality 10. The only difference between the two is the maximum resolution, but i can watch a fraps movie and a good gamecam one and i cant tell the difference. Gamecam takes less cpu time.

FrEaK

Game cam = free, FRAPS its not free. Gamecam has more options and tabs you can use ingame and when you start recording the file is already compressed unlike fraps. Gamecam doesnt suck up all the FPS such as FRAPS thats why I prefer gamecam and I'd say Gamecam FTW!!11 :wub:

hej

0000000 look at the name, there you se if they use gamecam, you cant read it.

get up to 20fps with FRAPS and as a sin it was not fun but as a warrior it ok.

Banned

Originally posted by 0000000
    there is no difference in image quality. you should set gamecam to record to .bmp and image quality 10. The only difference between the two is the maximum resolution, but i can watch a fraps movie and a good gamecam one and i cant tell the difference. Gamecam takes less cpu time.

i pmed you like 40 times for help and shit about making vids....never answered even one <_< gg :blink:

Road

Where can you get a FULL free version of Fraps?

Originally posted by Road
    its comerencial programs, so if U wana full version u should buy it here : http://www.fraps.com/buy.php
    or if u wana full free than ....

Banned

Originally posted by Road
    we have a full free pirated version on our clan forums

Banned

phantomdlw

My pc can't really take fraps, its lagging a bit so if gamecam uses less CPU it would give me less lagg, the only prob is that i downloaded gamecam, its right-under my screen as an icon, and if i click on it i see: Profile manager, preferences, launch, register and about. but unlike fraps i DONT know how to record a movie with gamecam or see settings and stuff. so one of u guys want to xplaing it to me plz ?
    thx (maybe some screens ????)

-Phantom

Originally posted by phantomdlw
    My pc can't really take fraps, its lagging a bit so if gamecam uses less CPU it would give me less lagg, the only prob is that i downloaded gamecam, its right-under my screen as an icon, and if i click on it i see: Profile manager, preferences, launch, register and about. but unlike fraps i DONT know how to record a movie with gamecam or see settings and stuff. so one of u guys want to xplaing it to me plz ?
    thx * (maybe some screens ????)

-Phantom
    start GameCam (GC), than start profile manager from GC icon. now make new profile and use knightonline.exe file for that. Configure your hot keys and place for save your pictures and videos (folders must exist). if U have full version u can configure record settings, if free than not.
    now close profile manager and run KO from GC icon-->launch-->KO
    now in game just use the INTERFACE hotkey (default is ), your cursor now change. now hold the interface key and press the record key (default R) if is OK u will see a little bar in left on your monitor (on place where is your skillbar) RECORDING VIDEO
    if U wana finish hold interface key and click to Stop key. now u willl see the blue OSD message in the middle of your monitor, that file was created and saved
    thats all
    i hope this will help U
    btw : always u wana record something, u have 1st run GC and than KO from GC
    u cant run KO than GC, it will doesnt works

ALightInTheDarkness

I posted my own topic earlier, but i just now saw this, so ill ask here. when i run Game Cam, it closes down knight.... any1 have an idea y?? Is it the Punk Buster or wat?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12