How to compress fraps files

This is a discussion on How to compress fraps files within the Media forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; does anyone have a working link to it it can just tell me how...
Page: 1

does anyone have a working link to it it can just tell me how

hej

Virtual dub =)

Use xvid because I think it gives the best quality/file size.

Open the fraps file.
    First the audio, go audio and select No audio if you haven’t recorded any sound or don’t want the sound from the game (usually do that way) otherwise leave it at source audio and select Full processor mode then select compression.

Now for the picture, go video, leave it at Full processor mode and select compression, select XviD MPEG-4 Codec.

Then for saving, go File, Save as avi, if you want the program to do more then one fraps movie select Don’t run this job now in the buttom and then save, if you do that you select file and Job control to start converting when you made all movies, if you only compress one movie you get up a status winodw on that remove Diplay input Video and output video and it gose much faster.

I all sow use virtual dub to remove things I don’t want and to divide a movie in to smaller files, then you load the compressed movie, select direct stream copy on both Audio and Video, then it don’t change the compression and is much faster, On option you have Diplay input Video and output video check in one of those (if its no picture) then you slide the “thing” to were you want to start to remove/save and press the arrow that points left, then go to were you want to end it and press the arrow that points to the right, if you want to save then go file and save as avi, if you want to remove, press delete.

When you then take it in to movie maker you know how big the wmv file will be, because it’s already compressed, then when you save in movie maker you take Best quality for file size and make it as big as possible.

thx but im confused xD i googled xvid and found there web sight but i couldnt figure out how to download it...im not that smart

hej

Think its XviD.Root.24.02.2003.1100.exe i use but if you have ffdshow or so installed you probably have a xvid codec, look in virtualdub select compression on video.
    Otherwis you have one here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow