Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

Knight Online - Gameplay trailer

This is a discussion on Knight Online - Gameplay trailer within the Media forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Video is well done, its impresive what you can do when you still have some pasion for the game like ...
Page: 3

Video is well done, its impresive what you can do when you still have some pasion for the game like you seem to have.

Would change a few things in order to keep things accurate. First thing would be to remove "Great PvE", cuz thats just a straight lie. Great pve would require a solid and engaging lore that you can actually interact with, most likely through quest and other pve activities. Fishing, grinding exp or killing boses its non of that, and actual quests are just plain kill this or that, the closest thing to pve would be the quest chain that you get on main city around level 50 but thats just about it.

Altho, we all prefer KO PvP over other's, that doesnt really make it the best PvP. It also depends on what are you measuring the greatness of it. I would give you that its probably the best fast paced pvp out there. But some people would like more Wildstar pvp with its no target system, etc.

But thats just me being all fcking tryhard and perfectionist, the video is very well done.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    I was serious tho. I'm a fairly artsy person myself and I was not impressed by that video.

What I'm trying to say is, it gets the job done, but you could have done so much more. So much more. Your ego has you believe, however, that this is the most amazingly creative thing ever done, so it cannot be improved in any way possible and I'm clearly trolling and being a bad mod since there's no way my criticism could be right.

In short, your video failed to grasp aspects of KO in a way that would have been appealing for a new player, to the point of even leaving out some vital details and having a fair share of bad clips that just make the game look awful. I mean, I think that's what your video tried to do at least (to show KO to new unsuspecting players, and to impress them), if not then I take it all back, decent random preview for old players looking to get back into KO!

PS: When I say gameplay I mean actual footage from 3rd person w/ user interface.
    Artsy? please enlighten me.

If it had anything my ego I would've shown the type of "gameplay" you're talking about and that would've "boosted" my ego but I avoided for that reason.
    I knew people like you would call anything I do ego so I didn't show my character in that video so someone like you won't come here and say "keke he's promoting his character",
    although seeing actual PVP is very easy by simply watching my YT channel or typing "knight online pvp" lol.

And indeed, this video has nothing to do with impressing new players, just showing a bit about the game.
    If I planned on showing the entire gameplay the video would've been at least 5minute long and a trailer shouldn't be that long, hence the name.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adi View Post
    Artsy? please enlighten me.

If it had anything my ego I would've shown the type of "gameplay" you're talking about and that would've "boosted" my ego but I avoided for that reason.
    I knew people like you would call anything I do ego so I didn't show my character in that video so someone like you won't come here and say "keke he's promoting his character",
    although seeing actual PVP is very easy by simply watching my YT channel or typing "knight online pvp" lol.

And indeed, this video has nothing to do with impressing new players, just showing a bit about the game.
    If I planned on showing the entire gameplay the video would've been at least 5minute long and a trailer shouldn't be that long, hence the name.
    Not necessarily, you could have gathered multiple clips from different players pov / different classes. I get the ego feel when you say that "there's nothing better out there", I guess if we're gonna measure the greatness of your video by comparing it with way worse ones, then yes yours is the best!

This is all subjective of course, except the mood disparity between the intro / title and content, the random color masks, dumb font usage; that was actually bad, lazy, and certainly amateur-ish.

Edit: Also the music build-up was wasted on a toy felankor. I liked the e-sports look at KO in the end tho, as deceiving and fake as it might be lol.

Edit: nvm it will just be another flame topic. I don't really give a shit. Nice video btw!
    Jamm1n and Coldwind like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Adi View Post

1. @Gameplay= 70% (if not more) is gameplay in that video. Lol'ed.

2. @Creativity= There's probably more creativity there than any gameplay trailer you've seen of KO, so please, spare me the nonsense that comes out of your mouth towards people you hate.

3. @Effects= I admit, could've kept the same font for the entire video but I figured that bottom line that wouldn't matter much because what I wanted to show in this video is the actual gameplay.
    Not my fonts collection. lol.

4. @Quality= My computer has very little to do with the quality, not many people can reach such output video after 2x renders (first from the program they use and second, youtube's.)
    Some secrets aren't supposed to be revealed

5. @Music= If I used one of your anime music it would've been better eh? your taste in music, disgusts me, this music was perfect for the footage and like it or not, not even a single viewer said anything about the music, you are the first to do so.

Bottom line, get out of my threads if all you have to do is post negative posts in order to annoy/troll me.(Obviously you do, none said anything wrong about the video here, besides the PVE part.. lol)
    I could care less about what do you have to say unless you're trying to give an actual feedback and help. Which is something you don't do very often.
    Stop trying to provoke me.

A good example for a moderator, congrats!
    what kind of a low person you are.. can't even take criticism like a man

iTzBryan Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diver View Post
    what kind of a low person you are.. can't even take criticism like a man
    Nothing new. Too blinded by friends being friends and only mentioning positives to hear an unbiased perspective. Granted people say hurtful things just because they don't like someone... But still good to listen to the audience... Clearly not happening here reading all the hostile/defensive responses to any criticism.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123