Discord Overlay for KnightOnline Gameplay

This is a discussion on Discord Overlay for KnightOnline Gameplay within the Media forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hey guys! We all love discord, it’s an amazing program, I'm sure a lot of people use it. I found ...
Page: 1

Default Discord Overlay for KnightOnline Gameplay

Hey guys!
    We all love discord, it’s an amazing program, I'm sure a lot of people use it. I found a way to get the discord overlay working with KO without interfering with your game nor giving you any lag. The answer, its an Desktop Overlay! These steps allow you to get a pretty nice overlay while you are playing KnightOnline as long as Discord is running on the same PC.

This is not a hack nor uses a third-party program that would trigger the anti-cheat software.
    It is totally safe!

Video tutorial:

HOW IT LOOKS: (top left corner, but you can move it anywhere.):
    Private Server:

more pictures: 1, 2, 3

SteamKO:

NOTE: There are other alternatives for streaming, but this solution is for the everyday gamer that just wants convenience while playing. No tab switching nor distractions while gaming, just a simple voice overlay to see who speaks while you play.

1. Download and install PlayClaw6 (trial version is enough)
    2. Visit https://streamkit.discord.com/overlay & select "Install for OBS"
      1- Select the Voice Channel Tab, select desired Server, channel and customizations. After all changes, copy generated streamkit url on the bottom-right corner. Keep it safe.
    3. Open Play Claw 6, Add Web Browser Overlay
      1- Right click > Add overlay > Web Browser
      2- Update item URL(in Item Settings) to streamkit url you copied.
      3- Optional: Increase Update Rate(In Item properties, left side) to 15-30.
    4. In Play Claw 6, Add Desktop Mirror
      1- Right click > Add special > Mirror to Desktop
      2- Move new item over previously created browser overlay. This will render the overlay on top of any program running, including any game.
      3- In Item Settings, update transparency on item from 179 to 0(Widget back color - option:A), to make colour transparent.
    5. Profit.

Hope this is useful, by using this your PK videos or gameplay will jump to the next level. Please share to your clannies & friends!

Cheers!
    KhalMinos/Eru
    Last edited by JuanMa; 05-28-2020 at 02:15 PM. Reason: images

first thing that came to my mind is that soacs would most likely block this.

Quote Originally Posted by Decerto View Post
    first thing that came to my mind is that soacs would most likely block this.
    That's a great concern, however, if it allows recording software to run, i.e, fraps, OBS or PlayClaw, it would NOT cause issues.

The desktop mirror component is effectively just a visual component on your display. It just overlaps the widget on top of ANY program running. Try it out and let me know, I've used it in multiple servers(including SteamKO) without any issues.

This is a picture from Steam KO

Cheers!
    KhalMinos/Eru
    Last edited by JuanMa; 05-28-2020 at 02:12 PM. Reason: added image