Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Movie about K2's corruptness

This is a discussion on Movie about K2's corruptness within the Media forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Someday you'll understand why KO is not worth playing.. Until then you just gotta deal with anything that comes up ...
Page: 6

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Someday you'll understand why KO is not worth playing.. Until then you just gotta deal with anything that comes up :P

Its hard to bust em now with KoK showing us people rocking up in +9 sets and lvl 80 from nowhere? Im confused..[/b]
    In the past they just spawned tons of bosses in more public places. Not to mention the giant lures of harpys they spawned for certain clans. I even remember a GM lvling some friends at trolls in CZ, Earl busted that GM but nothing happened. (xig server)

Besides, in the past you had also lvl 70 handmade accounts out of nowhere. As I said, nothing new about those illegal weapons and chars.

You'd be prolly suprised about the corruption nowadays, but its just alot easier to hide it. A lvl 80 or even lvl 81-82 char is nothing new, so it prolly wont even catch much ppls eyes. As well as some +2 inserted jewels. GMs must be stupid to instert nowadays +9 armors/weapons, when you know that KoK dont scan the jewels on a char.

Banned

Linus:

Just so you know, I hadn't yet done anything to your thread and if I had seen it I would have addressed it how I plan to now. The video was neither seen by me first nor was it removed by me, though I can't say even if it had been that I'd have left it up.

Let me begin by saying this: the video is not fake, it is not of a private server, and it is indeed exactly what it purports itself to be. The GMs in question were members of K2 staff until the discovery of actions such as this, and now they no longer are. I'm not sure of the actual date of termination, but I believe it was 3-4 weeks ago. Illegally produced items and characters that came about as a result of said improper use of tools were summarily terminated as well.

I know a thing like this is hard for you the players to take. If possible, it's even harder for me to take.

The facts are right there: Knight Online is a game first and foremost, but people use it to make money. People think of their characters in terms of real world value. The KO4life marketplace is all about the real world money, and it's the basis for the whole "trustability" rating players give each other (obviously whoever came up with that term had never heard of the word "trusthworthy" before laugh.gif). The problem is Knight Online is perceived as a game, and not a financial institution, and thus the checks in balances that have historically been in place have been related to its being a game (or service) and not as a vehicle for generating real world income (from a product). Instances such as what we saw here with these former GMs are symptoms of a larger problem.

People are people. People are flawed, and sometimes one's ability to rationalize outweighs one's ability to make sound moral decisions. This can happen to you if you are a janitor, a banker, a mechanic, or a customer service representative for an online video game. Add into this mix the perceived low chance of being "caught" and the social barriers for not engaging in criminal activity are removed. It comes down to one's own moral code dictating whether or not something should be done, and if we could rely on only that to keep people honest we wouldn't need police, judges, lawyers, or laws in general.

What happened here is unfortunate. I believe this "Abel" person who is posting is not a bad person at heart, but grew closer to the GM he befriended over the time they spent online together, and at hearing the news of his friend's termination he has felt pangs of guilt and stress. This video is him lashing out and attempting to strike back at the entity that brought about these negative feelings within him, misplaced as they may be. Like a crook who vows revenge on the police officer that performs an arrest that gets him sent to jail for 20 years. He also may be upset at the loss of items and characters, but I don't think anyone should be quick to commiserate with him because he didn't bother to earn them the same way you or I do when we play Knight Online.

All of this begs the question: Is this video indicative of a company gone wrong?

I don't believe so. As an employee, and as a regular guy with a job at a company that publishes an online video game. It shows that while we'd love to be able to trust absolutely every person we work with, that level of optimism is not always warranted, and since this happened steps have been taken to prevent it from ever happening again. Everything is monitored, logged, recorded, and scrutinized to ensure it doesn't happen again.

At the end of the day every player community loves a good conspiracy. It's drama; it's interesting. I've seen no end of them in my time at K2 and I doubt this will be the last one. But real life facts are not always quite as interesting as their fictional accounts. There were several people who's internal moral code was not strong enough to deny them the ability to say "no" when they should have, and they made poor decisions. This is as far as it goes, however. It is not an ongoing issue, or a company policy, or any other such rubbish. It's just people being people.

Well, I've said my part. I'm sure you have questions, so I will try my best to answer them, but keep in mind that there are many details which I do not know and it is not my part to know.[/b]

Stronger

Linus:[/b]
    actually very well written. Props to Linus there but obviously the scrutiny of employees isnt great enough as I have heard these types of rumors countless times before and will probably again.

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

actually very well written. Props to Linus there but obviously the scrutiny of employees isnt great enough as I have heard these types of rumors countless times before and will probably again.[/b]
    Of course he's telling ppl what they wanna hear. I wonder how much time he used typing that :P
    That's probably one reason Linus is still working for K2, he's good at talking bullcrap :P

Banned

Banned

Of course he's telling ppl what they wanna hear. I wonder how much time he used typing that :P[/b]
    Prolly not much time at all, he does a lot. He's in practice. :lol:

Banned

I know ppls who bought items from gm´s, We all know that it always been corrupt gms.. just look at the items that not drops that so many have gotten from the gms.
    OFC the gms sell items for usd if they are so poor and need money, getting 1$ every hour from k2 and making items gives them much more = they can buy food and not starv and die.
    The gms just do their work though they just happend to suck at it.

K2 should be baned for 999999

Good proofs, but nothing new, employees from k2 always were/are dirty h34r:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456