Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Which program is best for in game record?

This is a discussion on Which program is best for in game record? within the Media forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by viper8989 Lol all this 4 k render posts, wased of space and time, Vegas detects the raw ...
Page: 2

Quote Originally Posted by viper8989 View Post
    Lol all this 4 k render posts, wased of space and time, Vegas detects the raw video quality and the whole project is then based on it, even when ur project is done and u choose 4k render there will be no difference, u can't upscale the fps or the quality.

About recording; I haven't seen any better programs then shadowPlay this is by far the best one without even 1 fps drop. Pressing 1 key to save the last 2-3-4or even the last 10min of game play. No need for pre recording shit like siting in town and cutting it out on Vegas to just capture 1 moment
    little bit off topic. did you have to use "desktop capture" for recording KO? i cant make shadowplay record anything

iTzBryan Senior Member

I've never used anything but Fraps and Fraps files are too damn big and the program bugs out sometimes; quality of Fraps footage is nice though. I'm excited to try some of the programs suggested here.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by itzbryan View Post
    I've never used anything but Fraps and Fraps files are too damn big and the program bugs out sometimes; quality of Fraps footage is nice though. I'm excited to try some of the programs suggested here.
    OBS isn't bad, you gotta play with the settings a bit so you can actually have a decent quality but the files are small.. compared to Fraps.

OBS is a beast, I been using it for a while. And yes, you gotta tweak the encoding settings a bit because teh default quality is pretty lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Adi View Post
    Yes you can.
    Take a moment, render a 1080p video and then render a 2160p video (with good settings..) using Sony Vegas.
    Open both videos and check if you notice any difference.

If you couldn't notice anything,
    1- you are blind.(no offence but...)
    2- you didn't render it properly.

I have tried more than enough settings for a 1080p video, never got anything that looks nearly as good as a 2160p video.
    I admit, it takes a lot longer to render a 2160p video and eventually you get a bigger file (size wise) but I rather give it few more hours in order to give my viewers the option to see my video on the best quality.

Bottom line is, whether you like it or not
    2160p rendered videos looks better than 1080p rendered videos.

UNLESS, you are uploading a video that you never rendered before then the results of a rendered video (2160p) and a 1080(non rendered) would probably be the same.
    But in case you are making a pk video, which means you'll have to render it.. whether you like it or not.. 2160p looks better than 1080p.
    lol droop ur recorded stuff to vegas and tell me what it says? if the video is caped on 1080 its pointles to go 2160, everytime u reply on something or type 1 word u gave the feeling that: no one knows anything u know everything. im not new at making videos bro. capturing 60fps 3840 × 2160 will give you 4k , 1080 HD , so u recording at 1920 × 1080 and rendering 3840 × 2160? also: ask yourself, are these game graphics even over HD?

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by viper8989 View Post
    lol droop ur recorded stuff to vegas and tell me what it says? if the video is caped on 1080 its pointles to go 2160, everytime u reply on something or type 1 word u gave the feeling that: no one knows anything u know everything. im not new at making videos bro. capturing 60fps 3840 × 2160 will give you 4k , 1080 HD , so u recording at 1920 × 1080 and rendering 3840 × 2160? also: ask yourself, are these game graphics even over HD?
    Can't read?
    I said, before rendering.. a 1080p would look better than a video that got rendered even if it got rendered to 2160p.
    But the fact is, if you render a 1080p video and not changing its quality compared to rendering a 1080p video and changing it to 2160p... there would be quality difference.

Like I told you, I'm not talking because I want to give anyone the "feeling that none knows anything and I know everything"
    I'm talking about something I actually TESTED.

Take a 1min video for example (ok?) that you just recorded, render it with the normal settings you are using (1080p) and then upload it to youtube.
    Take the same exact video, render it on GOOD 2160p settings.. upload it to youtube.

Watch both videos, the first on highest quality you get (1080p)
    and the second on the highest quality you get (2160p)

And if you don't notice any difference, I'm sorry my friend but you need glasses.

One thing I can assure you about, when I said I tested it (above)
    I also asked few other people to tell me if they notice the difference between X video (1080p) to Y video (2160p).

Can't read?
    I said, before rendering.. a 1080p would look better than a video that got rendered even if it got rendered to 2160p.
    But the fact is, if you render a 1080p video and not changing its quality compared to rendering a 1080p video and changing it to 2160p... there would be quality difference.

Like I told you, I'm not talking because I want to give anyone the "feeling that none knows anything and I know everything"
    I'm talking about something I actually TESTED.

Take a 1min video for example (ok?) that you just recorded, render it with the normal settings you are using (1080p) and then upload it to youtube.
    Take the same exact video, render it on GOOD 2160p settings.. upload it to youtube.

Watch both videos, the first on highest quality you get (1080p)
    and the second on the highest quality you get (2160p)

And if you don't notice any difference, I'm sorry my friend but you need glasses.

One thing I can assure you about, when I said I tested it (above)
    I also asked few other people to tell me if they notice the difference between X video (1080p) to Y video (2160p).
    Well this could be a case where the actual quality of the video doesn't change, but it looks better due to something else entirely that vegas does while rendering? It could very well function the same way as CDs.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Well this could be a case where the actual quality of the video doesn't change, but it looks better due to something else entirely that vegas does while rendering? It could very well function the same way as CDs.
    Does it really matter?
    the fact is, every video I rendered on 2160p looks better than any video 1080p out there. (quality wise)

If there is one thing I care about when I make videos its the quality, if my video viewers can see everything and not suddenly notice that let's say
    they can't see the damages because its too blurry or there are too many pixels around it.

Think about it, you think I would waste time uploading a 2160p video and also rendering it to 2160p if it there wasn't any difference between this to 1080p on youtube?
    Last edited by Adi; 12-11-2014 at 02:58 PM.

Does it really matter?
    the fact is, every video I rendered on 2160p looks better than any video 1080p out there. (quality wise)

If there is one thing I care about when I make videos its the quality, if my video viewers can see everything and not suddenly notice that let's say
    they can't see the damages because its too blurry or there are too many pixels around it.

Think about it, you think I would waste time uploading a 2160p video and also rendering it to 2160p if it there wasn't any difference between this to 1080p on youtube?
    Well the argument was about whether rendering can actually change 1080p quality to 2160p which is why it matters.(Apparently.. I watch on 720p mostly though..) What I'm suggesting is that sony vegas might replace some "missing pixels" by automatically repairing it, which is how CDs work even after scratched. This is just something I came up with on the fly so I can't base it on anything.

I phone 6 plus
    Adi likes this.

Fraps is a best.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by VendeTTaLeadeR View Post
    I phone 6 plus
    ahahahahahaha
    Last edited by Adi; 12-22-2014 at 04:37 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12