Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rate my Tank Mage

This is a discussion on Rate my Tank Mage within the Media forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; HP - 4089 Iteams are : Crimsons +8 (except pauldron +7) Crystal DD +6/25 Glacier Erenion +6 Jewls: SSE Mage ...
Page: 1

Default Rate my Tank Mage

HP - 4089

Iteams are :
    Crimsons +8 (except pauldron +7)
    Crystal DD +6/25
    Glacier Erenion +6

Jewls:
    SSE
    Mage Earring
    ROM
    Shios Tears
    Kekuri Belt
    Lobo pendant

And need advice in what else to improve on weather it is my jewls or armors.
    Also please if you can keep it peaceful and not a flame war.

TreeBark

ewww sucks i seen mages with 6k hp buffed so you not a tanker much get 1k ac and then your a tanker

uhhhh please show me someoen who has those kind of stats please i would love to see them not flaming u but that is interesting. show me please.

Ikoria has that over 1k ac and 4500 hp I believe, and still hits just as hard as a paper mage.

PS. Lobo pendant sucks balls, go for an Elemental Pendant, or if you have the coins/USD Iron Neck. Glass Belt/Iron Belt in place of the kekuri. Cleric Earring in place of the Mage Earring, or even another SSE.

well iam talking about lvl 70 down lol he is just out of the picture of me and his jewls are un believable and i will not get their iam looking for someone who has decent uniques ones that are not +1/2 lol just decent uniques and give me a SS of it i want to compare.

also i know lobo pendnat sucks but i spent all my money on the SSE latly so havnt got any income to buy another pendnat also i know tryin to save up for a glass belt atm

as far as the mage earring i will wear it untill i find another one for it was gifted to me from my clan so i will always wear it in gratitude of getting it gifted to me

I'm not sure what def I would have if I were an int mage right now, I'll find out in 70%, but atm I'm using an ep+1, dual roms, agate earring, bronze earring,/dual mage earrings, hp12/1str belt. I have 374 ac atm as paper, but when I was int with no uniques, I think I had about 430. But that was a while ago so don't remember for sure. That was with crimson 7 pads, boots, gaunts, complete 7 pauld, 25 dd mage hat.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

1) get a shield of some sort...small spear shield...small dagger shield...shit like that...the defense and wep def will make a huge difference in situations u cant tank with staff

2) less talias more regular defense armors...talias=acid potted...regular defense armors=not noticable enough to be acid potted regularly

3) ditch the mage earring...doesnt matter who its from its CRAP...its actually an insult to recieve one...get a cleric earring or warrior earring

4) ditch the pendant...get an EP

5) get a glass belt or iron belt...although i prefered the int on gb...once u get lvl 70 the nova eats mana like crazy a lot more than before 70 cuz ur using 2 novas now

6) im assuming the pads ur wearing are gob.....ditch em get +8/15 crimson...def helps a lot more than resistances for a tank mage...not often u get the mages goin for u(theyll go after the priests)...ull have melee goin for u

u wanted a ss of comparison? http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/7950/20...92185955nj2.jpg
    gear is very similar to urs.....i dunno if i was wearing my def gloves/boots or not in that pic

but ill be completely honest with u...the only reason i survived in cz was cuz of my defense armors...without them i was toast...and i mean defense ARMORS not talias...u cant put on more than 1 talia at a time but with armors i could put on spear def, axe def(or sword def), dd, and a talia....and my cs :wub:

lol @ Zike's macro msg xD

lol @ Zike's macro msg xD

Originally posted by camaz0tz
    1) get a shield of some sort...small spear shield...small dagger shield...shit like that...the defense and wep def will make a huge difference in situations u cant tank with staff

2) less talias more regular defense armors...talias=acid potted...regular defense armors=not noticable enough to be acid potted regularly

3) ditch the mage earring...doesnt matter who its from its CRAP...its actually an insult to recieve one...get a cleric earring or warrior earring

4) ditch the pendant...get an EP

5) get a glass belt or iron belt...although i prefered the int on gb...once u get lvl 70 the nova eats mana like crazy a lot more than before 70 cuz ur using 2 novas now

6) im assuming the pads ur wearing are gob.....ditch em get +8/15 crimson...def helps a lot more than resistances for a tank mage...not often u get the mages goin for u(theyll go after the priests)...ull have melee goin for u

u wanted a ss of comparison? http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/7950/20...92185955nj2.jpg *
    gear is very similar to urs.....i dunno if i was wearing my def gloves/boots or not in that pic

but ill be completely honest with u...the only reason i survived in cz was cuz of my defense armors...without them i was toast...and i mean defense ARMORS not talias...u cant put on more than 1 talia at a time but with armors i could put on spear def, axe def(or sword def), dd, and a talia....and my cs *:wub:
    1. atm i have a SD shield +4 i believe that requirrres 61 STR and looking for a DD shield with 61 str requirment also that is in the progress. although iam not tryin to work on that to much because i want to complete getting all my Spear/Axe/sword defense.

2. working on those as i progress

3. i understand about the mage earring and alot of people been telling me to get another earring becaue it is horrible so ima try to get a cleric earring soon

4. Getting EP accutally maybe next week

5. glass belt/iron belt lol... that will take me a while

6. pads are not gob they are +8/15HP my pauldron is the +7/12HP

btw CS > my account lol ill have to mow sooo many damn lawns its not even funny lol xd

and also thanks for the advice this is wat i was looking for <3 camaz0tz

Originally posted by TreeBark
    ewww sucks i seen mages with 6k hp buffed so you not a tanker much get 1k ac and then your a tanker
    Stop quoting ridiculous stats for mages. If he did have 6K buffed and over 1K ac he would not be here asking whether its good and how to improve - he would be showing off his pwnage mage.

As far as I know tank mage refers to build: a mage that has added some int and MP (enough for his armours and staff) and the rest in HP. Whether it is an effective tanker or not is a different story.

Ikoria may have over 1K ac but
    a. its a complete mage
    b. has much better jewlerly

Rols & EPs +1 don't grow on trees. There are very few (and even fewer legit) mages on the server with the kind of equip needed for the stats you quote. At the end of the day, these stats are not even needed to be effective in cz - look at Cama's mage for proof.

Please stop acting as if anything that does not have TOP stats/TOP uniques/TOP EVERYTHING is crap and should be hidden in a corner out of sight. It is part of the game what kind of equip you get with the budget you have. And believe it or not, ppl still come here to get advise not only to show off.

PS: On the actual topic - Josh & Cama have pretty covered it. Please replace the mage earing and lobo thingy - they are crap and its not too expensive to replace.

Thank you silver and everyone else who commented iv learned some new stuff thanks

suicide_dela

well yeah everyone pretty much said it..
    - get at least an ep
    - try to get a better belt although it will be hard cuz they are pretty much the most expensive thing u will be trying to get
    - glacier erenion +6 is not for INT mage so try to get an elixer+8
    - +8 crimson is good for now, it's better than +7 complete
    - mage earring has to go, u can get a better one
    - shio tears is ok but u might need something with better defense or hp on it cuz the glacier dmg barely helps
    - you look ok to me so far, keep up the good work

dorpwn

http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2...26181232la6.jpg
    very few def armors didnt have much time to get more ^^

everyone else on this topic already told u what to do... so just compare my pic

Banned

Originally posted by suicide_dela
    - glacier erenion +6 is not for INT mage so try to get an elixer+8
    Explain please? How would an elixer staff help him tank better? .... Glacier Erenion = hp bonus, resistances and more mana, not to mention more ele dmg than an Elixer +8. He's asking on how to make his mage a better tank. Why would he want to lose hp, mana and resistances...
    Looking good so far, but like the rest said, that ME has got to go >.>. Honestly, its no better than the mage quest earing. Which oddly enough, is called a "Mage Earing".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast