Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Rendering settings by Salmin

This is a discussion on Rendering settings by Salmin within the Media forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; well i've done gaming movies for 9 years now and i can say this is not even close the best ...
Page: 2

well i've done gaming movies for 9 years now and i can say this is not even close the best way
    the quality also depends on much more things than just rendering settings. if someone captures with something else than 720p this isnt most likely gonna work (especially 4:3s)
    vegas audio encoding has never worked for me but i'll try that later

h264 has a lot better compression but some computers just wont support those videos, and not everyone knows how to even play them[/b]

there we go

just wait for elkar to see it

Banned

What's h264 ?

well i've done gaming movies for 9 years now and i can say this is not even close the best way
    the quality also depends on much more things than just rendering settings. if someone captures with something else than 720p this isnt most likely gonna work (especially 4:3s)

h264 has a lot better compression but some computers just wont support those videos, and not everyone knows how to even play them[/b]
    dude, those are settings for ordinary ppl, not for advanced makers. wmv format basicaly is pretty lame but if you have Win OS you will be able to play it instead of h264 or mp4 format, when you need additional codecs for it. That's why I always use wmv even i know it sucks, but still i prefer when everyone can play it in good quality instead few can play it in best quallity.

Banned

ya, but Elkar didn't know i made this turorial in offmedia topic:
    http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index....owtopic=266217

Where i explain how to get Youtube HD. So that pic is just one of many.

But as u say.. it is not the best way, but h264 is actually worse for youtube. I tried to add some of my h264 videos on youtube, and i realised that the sound doesn't catch up, and that the video is laggy.

Now i mentioned in that tutorial that people should use width 1280 and hight anything higher then 720 so it doesn't look bad when compressed.
    But i did forget to mention that you need to select "USE ASPECT RATIO: NO" in the PAN/CROP settnings on every clip you got. So you don't get those edges you see alot.

Here is a h264 on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnlo2B-x8Fo (doesnt even have to be watched in HD)

Here is a wmv using the settnings mentioned:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_46kMsDBn4&fmt=22 (watch in hd)

Banned

You got to have a good PC to do video like that

You got to have a good PC to do video like that [/b]

not really.. well u probably cant do this if u have a 500 bucks machine :P

What should I use to record?

Atm I have something like 1200*960, i'll check when I'm home.

well that resolution depends on your screen reselution (or what you are using in game). For example I have 1280x1024 and 1024x768 in game wich is 4:3 so I have hard job to do HD on yourutbe because I need to cut every clip. Thats why I've uploaded all my mvoies to megavideo...

is it possible to make a HD video with movie maker,? ^_^ cuz i dont have sony vegas. if yes how can i do it? I have fraps for video capturing .

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

is it possible to make a HD video with movie maker,? ^_^ cuz i dont have sony vegas. if yes how can i do it? I have fraps for video capturing .[/b]
    Not really, even with the "best" settings the quality is horrible

Not really, even with the "best" settings the quality is horrible[/b]
    thx for reply

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12