Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Retarded Minor COoldown

This is a discussion on Retarded Minor COoldown within the Media forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Now i wonder whats the point of recovering 60 hp with a cooldown ? i got the solution => double ...
Page: 4

LordLight

Exclamation

Now i wonder whats the point of recovering 60 hp with a cooldown ?
    i got the solution => double the hp recovered from minor heal so it becomes greater heal

WaSaBaBasdf

Now i wonder whats the point of recovering 60 hp with a cooldown ?
    i got the solution => double the hp recovered from minor heal so it becomes greater heal [/b]
    no need this..just let minor as it was before

in a war vs sin ,
    rogues who use the AC skills in the right moments of a vs can win easy....(not the start cause war can just r attack for the first 10sec)
    warriors hp falls down too fast...and mana too (sd =300 )...the minute the warrior soul pots....hes done for

warriors have spammable skills yes......but they take so much mana (cleave misses too much against sins, use SD)
    warriors have AC yes.....but they cant heal so much (720 per pot...)

so how are rogues not overpowered ? the entire rogue combo (spike-and back) is 300 mana or so right?

im talking from my experience as a 70minus war against similar sins...

and lets not forget, warriors cant cure when duffed, and they cant say hahahaha bb LF , when losing.... :P

i made a hp + minor combo like 3-4 month ago on my dcz rogue on cwest..i can tank just as much as i could with minor. just need to work out some flaws so i can run it perfectly (mess up sometimes ). as someone else said. bad rogues will quit, good rogues will stay the same.

but yea they rlly did fuk rogues up in regards of only using minor. i mean if they oging to slow down our minor so its only able to heal the same as an hp pot..why not give us a sick skill like everyone else...stun...legcut..full duff and heal and all that good stuff.

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

I think best players was playing rogues.. that's why you could see so many rogues pwn warriors 80+ :P
    Same level, items.. warrior 80 shouldn't loose against a rogue 75+ unless you dont know how to combo.
    80 vs 80 is another thing thanks to critical and extra HP recover but look warrior ? More HP / More AP / More Def / Strong Spammable Skills / Shock Stunt / Several Weapons (aga DD ftw...)
    Why only rogues should be pwn with this patch ?

Im waiting new PUS item for 179$
    Change Class Scroll.
    Rogue --> Warrior
    [/b]
    First of all, a lvl 80 warrior should never lose to a lvl 80 rogue with similar gear. If your a warrior and you lose to a rogue with equivalent gear you desperately need help with your combo. At certain lvls, rogue overpowers warrior (most arguable 55-70 range.) However after lvl 75 it is decisively clear that warrior over powers rogue.

Reasons why?

1. Ability differences - Warrior comboing is limited to 1-2 attacks, with 1 attack being used maybe once, and the other repeatedly for the rest of a 1v1. And healing capabilities are limited to hp and mp pots. Rogue uses many different attacks, as well as they are able to utilize minor healing while going through their attacks and mp pots (sometimes hp pots also.) While rogue has more capabilities, it also hurts them. Since rogues require more multi-tasking, which includes skills, comboing, minoring, potting, and switching skillbars, and warrior is more about timing and potting sequence, rogues have more chance to make mistakes in their 1v1 routine. It is relatively easier to go through a 1v1 on a warrior and not make a combo or potting mistake than it is to go through a 1v1 on a rogue without missing a combo, make a potting mistake, or have your minor become uncontrolled or slower than normal during the 1v1. A rogue's mistakes are decisively less consequential than a warrior's since having one less minor heal than normal in between 2 souls only makes a difference of 60 hp, and missing a skill (especially red ones) is less likely to destroy the 1v1 for you since (rogue has the healing capabilities) than it is for a warrior to miss a combo or a pot. But, rogue's mistakes are much more common and often happen multiple times per vs. Also a player with a slower minor heal than normal would lower his hp regen overall in the vs if he cant break out 18-20 minor's per 1 soul pot. (Don't talk about hp+minor, I'll cover that later in the post)

2. Stat Increases - As levels get higher, Warriors gain more bonuses per every stat point that they have. So, even with equivalent gear (ex: +8 shells and weapon, +0 uniques and iron set,) warriors gain more bonuses i.e. hp, ac, ap, and mana per every stat point. So as levels get higher, warriors gain more and more advantage 1v1 on rogues and other classes.

3.The only thing that is in place to maintain the balance between classes vs. the warrior class, because of its better stat bonuses, is additional skills i.e. rogue's blinding, beast hiding, and cp. However the only one of these skills that we here on ko4life see as fair is cp. So warrior maintains it's statistical advantage over rogue

Second of all I wouldn't necessarily say that the best players are always rogues... I would say they have the fastest fingers and are better multitaskers, that doesnt mean they are necessarily the most intelligent pkers.

change class? :P

or learn a new way to compensate minor+hp pots, maybe it will work out and maybe when they release 83patch there maybe wont be any cooldown? [/b]
    The people who say hp pot + minor is (was :lol the best are idiotic. The reason zero used it, and did so well with it in KE was for 2 reasons. First because most people had less gear, and less knowledge about comboing and minor healing. Second because even if he was against a formidable opponent, in KE players hp was much less which meant the vs's wouldnt necessarily last extremely long. Hp+minor gives you an increased amount of hp regen incomparison to flat out minor for a specific period of time (depending on your mana and how much you hp pot and how fast you minor) and once you get past that point (which happens more often than not nowadays with higher lvls and higher hps) its better to just flat out minor. Which is also why when you saw zero vs tougher opponents like NYchris as you can see in his video, he was just flat out minor healing.

Rogues get nerfed by this patch period. Hp+minor wont fix the situation, because with the high hp of todays characters it still leaves rogues nerfed. Sure it will be better than flat out minor now obviously, but still leaves rogues at a severe disadvantage 1v1. HP+minor is and will be (generally) better on the new servers when every1 is lvl 60-70 and no rogue barely breaks over 4k hp and warriors are in the 5k-6k range, and it will be better than flat out minoring now anyways, but still less advantageous than a constant stream of minor heal.

This patch will make 1v1s in KO less balanced, but it *COULD* also have a beneficial effect. Since this patch does nerf the 1v1 game for rogues in comparison to other classes, and rogues are often the most scrutinized 1v1 class, it could end up that the party play factor of KO could take a higher priority to the 1v1 aspect. This would be highly beneficial seeing as that 50% of topics these days are about 1v1s, who wins, whos better, who has the better gear, and how much other people suck, these poor quality topics become essentially boring once you've seen them 50,000 times. All the bitter squabbling and immature conflicts over whos a noob and whos not has really destroyed this community. Putting more emphasis on the party play aspect I believe could be a beneficial outcome, and very well would help the game out overall. Sure some people will be pissed about it, but it *COULD* create a better atmosphere overall.

TAKE NOTE IM SAYING IT COULD, NOT WILL

*Also since rogues have a minor cooldown, you won't see rogues switching to a skillbar with 7 minors and a soul pot on it so they can ditch out of tough situations and escape from your clutches, making teamplay more important once again, since rogues will need to rely more on their priests and other party members rather than their F6 bar with all the minor heals :P*

I'm not saying that it will absolutely end up benefiting the game (it probably wont because so many idiots will quit because of it) but it is a possibility.

I made wrote this post a few hours ago after seeing this topic, but didnt have internet access for awhile in order to post it once I finished it, some areas have already been covered, but this is my emphasis on it.

hmm, almost wrote a book there :lol:
    but a few good points made.

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

When speaking of the minor cool down patch, people tend to ignore the most important part of sin pk. Duo, Trio and Full party PK as a sin. When your party members are in need of help, your going to need 2-3 sins to do the minor's a rogue of today can do, as opposed to this cool downed minor. All of you ignorant people who are laughing at this about sins losing minor heals, why do you think so selfishly? The sins in your clan are going to suffer in your pk = less NP for you. Sure, you'll get more NP killing those sins against you, but what's going to happen when your duo or trio'ing in pk and the sin is the only support you have other than the mage being able to tp you away from the enemies (without priest in party)? This cool down does NOT only affect sin pk, not only will we not be able to solo pk or 1v1 anymore, but we are pretty much the worst class against ANY other class in the game, period.

Not even archer will be as fun anymore... Your going to HP pot whilst running and get 3-7~ minor's extra? You'll die by the time you use 2-3 hp pots cause your mana is fully drained. Stop agreeing with this cool down, your being so damn ignorant.

Cooldown is stupid, they should of made minor heal use more mana instead. Im a warrior not a sin, but 100% of the time my party is made up of sins, so when the priest is being destroyed, now there is absolutley no support.

well since i techincally quit KO(wanted to share to try out this new patch) i cant say it effects me personally too bad. but i do feel bad for all rogues and can only hope they can still minor. b/c honestly the rogue class will fail without it.

disrespect

Just got back, might aswell quit again

Beast&Harlot

I wont lie, the minor cool down is going to blow because there are some very talented rogues either that use single, double or minor+hp pot...But at the same time if minor doesn't get the cool down rogues will be the VERY over powered class...You are probaly going to flame me or say I'm dumb but still think about this for a min...

Reason 1:Rogues will have 2 bliding skills(Beast Hiding, and Blinding)
    Reason 2:Rogues will have 2 skills that basicly disreguard weapon defence(Bloody Beast and the lvl 83 master skill)
    ***For thoes who don't know the lvl 83 master skill for rogue:Eskrima-Inflicts attacks as well as a bleeding curse on the enemy. Decreases 10% Dagger and Bow Defense of the enemy under the bleeding curse buff.***
    Reason 3:Weapon removal(armour cancleation)
    Reason 4:Critical Point

So if rogues didn't get the minor cool down they would be the over powered class....But now with the minor cool down it will make it like KOL was before the combo was discovered....Rogues acctualy going to have to use HP pots...Yes I agree kinda messed up that warriors/priests going to be over powred, but at the same time right now mages are over powerd with their slowing abilities...SO all in all KOL will always have a class or 2 that is going to be very over powered....Also too point out Priests will basicly become the dominant class at lvl 83 for pk....the lvl 83 master skill for priest if used correctly and timed out right will fucking rape...

best choice and decision i have ever made in KO was selling my shard 9 and chitin 9 last week

but now since i kept my uniques hoping for it not to implemented this gay patch i will sell all my unqiues

damn i will sure miss my beloved sin since it proves how skillful a player is since it took me 4 months of practice to learn MH combo

biggest mistake that k2 will destroy this class

WaSaBaBasdf

well even if the rogue takes so 'good skills ' as you think it still doesn't make him so strong..
    Rogues got so low ap for melle attack..
    for example..i am full+9 and +3 and one warriors spamms me for 850dmg each skill ( i will post ss later )..how will i be able to tank him..if he is good comboer and he got 3 skills and 2 r per my hp pot he will get me like 3x850=2550+2x200=almost 3k hp
    how will i be able to tank him with max 1k hp heal per pot?xD
    huh?

Now INT priest will be able to get symbols more easely, since babashopped solo 3-hit-kill-ppl won't be running around that much.

K.S. King Senior Member Avariofvalequenta's Avatar

I noticed that they brought back the np medals to turn into the generator. On the last moradon beta test they had them as well, but they never implemented in game. Are you sure that they are going to 100% put this minor cool down in main KO?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast