What helps Knight online run smoother when FRAPS is recording?

This is a discussion on What helps Knight online run smoother when FRAPS is recording? within the Media forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; What helps Knight online run smoother when FRAPS is recording? Im just trying to get it running as smooth as ...
Page: 1

What helps Knight online run smoother when FRAPS is recording? Im just trying to get it running as smooth as possible when I record in FRAPS and was wondering what to buy. all Im running is 1gb of ram though, video card is an EVGA GeForce 7600GT 256 MB GDDR3 memory & a AMD athlon 64 processor 3500+ 2.20GHz. idk if this helps but im just listing what im using to give you a better idea.

Thanks

EDIT: crap...wrong place (no wonder I couldnt find this thread). mods can move to Tech Support pls.

Mike_Miller

its your mother board + processor i belive. upgrade to a duo core or quad core and feel the power nigga. lol j/k but seriously your ram good your card good but your mother board and processor jsut needs to be upgraded. if you can aford a cheapo duo core things you can do is just make sure all programs are off turn your graphic setting down on both your geforce card and on knightonline options. also turn of all anti virus programs and also turn then off in msconfig.

Yeah it's all processor, as that's the main thing that deals with multiple applications.

btw, throw away that AMD and get an Intel.

And if your seriously considering an upgrade, heres a really nice processor, and if it's not fast enough you could easily overclock it to 3.4ghz if you have some decent cooling.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...p?EdpNo=3241551

Oh and it wouldn't hurt to upgrade to an 8600/8800 video card

Now I dont know what harddrive u have, but harddrive's transfer speed COULD be the bottleneck in ur case, as FRAPS constantly writes huge uncompressed file to ur HD.
    But other than that, ur graphic card is somewhere fine. That leaves ur CPU and RAM left, as ur CPU isnt dual core it can also take down the performance a bit, but RAM's clock speed also speaks a little about the realtime performance. In any case I would say u need at least 2GB to run a smooth system (general).

Do notices: when I was watching a final FRAPS product from my old HD, I could clearly see my HD couldnt keep up the speed with play (with small lag in between every 10~15 secs), but when I switched to a new HD, it played smoothly. Considering I cant even play it smoothly, then it means it must had a even harder time recording it, since reading is always faster than writing.

U can do a little test, record a FRAPS video of lets say.. 10 secs of something, and then afterward try copy the file to somewhere, if it successed under 10 secs, then u can be sure u got a smooth play. But u better copy the file somewhere lower than 10 secs, as the writing process is a little bit slower than reading.

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

idk, i use a 3.2 ghz proccessor, and 3 gb ram, and 256 mb video card, but it seems that when i use fraps, my frams go 2 shit andn its laggy as fuk half the time, i can only record when its not turk time or else i get fuked, and half the time turks lag so bad that they jump off my screen cuz ttnet

Processor- Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 Processor BX80569QX9650A - 45nm, 3.0GHz, 12MB Cache, 1333MHz FSB

Board-Asus Maximus Extreme Motherboard - 45nm Support, Intel X38, Socket 775, Audio, PCI Express 2.0, CrossFire Ready, Dual Gigabit LAN, S/PDIF, USB 2.0, Firewire, eSATA, RAID, Clear CMOS

video card- 256MB RADEON X800PRO AGP8X/4X

hard disk - WD Raptor / 80GB / 10K / 16MB / SATA-150 / Hard Drive

fraps records at 30 fps (i think you can change it but if you go any higher, the file size will be rediculously huge)
    i usually have 200+ fps everywhere, and when i start recording fraps i can still feel that little drag. but after a minute or so i get used to it and forget its on. there have been times when i went to fraps something, then 4 hours later i get an error saying "fraps has encountered an error" and i see that its been recording the whole time and my harddrive is full

Processor- Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 Processor BX80569QX9650A - 45nm, 3.0GHz, 12MB Cache, 1333MHz FSB

Board-Asus Maximus Extreme Motherboard - 45nm Support, Intel X38, Socket 775, Audio, PCI Express 2.0, CrossFire Ready, Dual Gigabit LAN, S/PDIF, USB 2.0, Firewire, eSATA, RAID, Clear CMOS

video card- 256MB RADEON X800PRO AGP8X/4X

hard disk - WD Raptor / 80GB / 10K / 16MB / SATA-150 / Hard Drive[/b]
    ROFL, u have one of Intel's most powerful and expensive CPU, but a graphic card thats equal to Geforce 6800 GS.. also a ridiculous small HD (in my standard), but ofc, if u dont need more, then its a waste, but considering u have a QX9650 u must have hell load of applications. This computer is like the worst build I have seen for years, balance wise... The graphic card is bottleneck it to hell.

God knows what kind of RAM u got.. lol

On topic:

@giga: Yes, u can change the fps, by changing it from 30 to 60 u should feel a great difference, as u got double as much frames to play with, coz when u start recording ur game frames will fall down to the recording frames speed, so no doubt u will get a record experience thats double as smooth if u ran 60 instead of 30. However, increase the fps to 90 or 120 from 60 wont make the dramatical difference as 30 to 60, due to the limit of what human eyes are able to capture.
    The file size will technically go up by double as u doubing ur fps, nothing special there.

J

7 FPS when fraps is on. I pwn