Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Tez's new PC

This is a discussion on Tez's new PC within the Media forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Is the power supply enough for all of that? I got a fairly old set up now and I have ...
Page: 4

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Is the power supply enough for all of that?

I got a fairly old set up now and I have a 750w supply for my P4 3.4ghz and Nvidia 7800 GTX oc

billytalent

parts are bought in india so its ass cheap :P[/b]
    i would doubt that since most high end parts new release are shipped mainly to north america then a month later Europe so for the manufacture company to make an effort to send it too a 3rd world country is gonna cost more...hell even canada suffering from having to pay then Us hence why they buy parts from newegg

Banned Senior Member

The PSU will be enough for it, the one in this computer isn't even 500w, and I had a 500w in my old PC which was alot lower quality then this one

3dMark aint gonna work, the CPU test was running at 0-1 fps because it wants 2.5ghz or more ( 2 tests for my dual core, and each is only 2.13 instead of combining them for 4.26 )

For such a rich guy why did you settle for such a mediocre pc? Well it's alright, but honestly the case sucks, psu is terrible (psu has plenty of power, but no name psu's are very unreliable and risk all of your other parts), video card is slow and seriously 160gb hdd? That's ancient man, 500gig hard drives are no more than 130$ now.

sexyrexy

why do you need a 500 gig hdd... what are you into downloading everything and anything you can.. Its just a waste of space

Banned

Gift plx i have 32mb Graphic card =/

DragonFire

1200 camerican dollars?

how much is that? in usd?[/b]

$5

Trii

For such a rich guy why did you settle for such a mediocre pc? Well it's alright, but honestly the case sucks, psu is terrible (psu has plenty of power, but no name psu's are very unreliable and risk all of your other parts), video card is slow and seriously 160gb hdd? That's ancient man, 500gig hard drives are no more than 130$ now.[/b]
    maybe hes not a nerd or a crazy ass gamer... thats why he doesnt spend 1500$+ on something he barely uses.

Banned

I dont see how you only did like $700 for that, my new PC is
    Intel Dual Core E6420 2.13ghz
    4gb of RAM
    Geforce 8600 GTS
    250gb SATA RAID
    Dual 18x DVD burner/reader

And that was over 1200 cdn[/b]
    easy i can post you where i got all the parts and prices on each...but it was less then 650 actually but not much

For such a rich guy why did you settle for such a mediocre pc? Well it's alright, but honestly the case sucks, psu is terrible (psu has plenty of power, but no name psu's are very unreliable and risk all of your other parts), video card is slow and seriously 160gb hdd? That's ancient man, 500gig hard drives are no more than 130$ now.[/b]
    rich stay rich by getting it cheap.....look at famous people...they dont spend shit when they go out...plus i dont need it

maybe hes not a nerd or a crazy ass gamer... thats why he doesnt spend 1500$+ on something he barely uses.[/b]
    +1

i dont play that much and i prefer to take 1500 and take my kids and wife to disney or something along that line

why do you need a 500 gig hdd... what are you into downloading everything and anything you can.. Its just a waste of space[/b]
    I could eat up 500gigs in a week if I really intended to. If you really must know, I've got half of mine partitioned for backup. Dvd's take up a lot of space. If you do any video editing whatsoever you know what I am talking about. 10 years of files need a place to stay. I still remember my colleages babling about how awsomely huge 20gigs was. Programs will get larger, games will get larger and so will movies and music when we take the next technological marvel train thats gone on for years.

maybe hes not a nerd or a crazy ass gamer... thats why he doesnt spend 1500$+ on something he barely uses.[/b]
    You don't have to spend 1500+ on a good pc, you just need to be smart on what parts to use. He could have greatly improved that PC by investiong no more than 250$ into a better psu, case and possibly hard drive. I am not talking about the graphics card. Yes, it's not good, but I am talking about quality. You can buy a ford or you can buy a toyota but in the end who spends more money? The ford owner - who will have to pay for constant repairs not to mention the vehicle typicaly won't last as long.

The same concept goes for a PC. Invest in a good case, fans and power supply to keep things running the way they should. If he doesen&#39;t use his pc for intese things then hell thats even more of a reason to drop down some cash on good quality parts because he won&#39;t be upgrading soon. It&#39;s not a bad pc, but to say investing in more quality parts means your a nerd or intence gamer is not a very well founded point. <_< Not to mention putting a bunch of cheap parts in a PC makes it sound like a jet engine. :lol:

To each unto his own I guess. There will always be ford owners and there will always be toyota owners. I prefer quality, a small investment is pocket change.

EvilAtomicFrog

just wondering... why are most of urs harddrive capacity are so small >.<

right now i have 120 + 320 + 320 on main
    60 on 2nd comp >.<

its never enough[/b]
    80 + 250 + 500 here lol

Banned

I could eat up 500gigs in a week if I really intended to. If you really must know, I&#39;ve got half of mine partitioned for backup. Dvd&#39;s take up a lot of space. If you do any video editing whatsoever you know what I am talking about. 10 years of files need a place to stay. I still remember my colleages babling about how awsomely huge 20gigs was. Programs will get larger, games will get larger and so will movies and music when we take the next technological marvel train thats gone on for years.
    You don&#39;t have to spend 1500+ on a good pc, you just need to be smart on what parts to use. He could have greatly improved that PC by investiong no more than 250$ into a better psu, case and possibly hard drive. I am not talking about the graphics card. Yes, it&#39;s not good, but I am talking about quality. You can buy a ford or you can buy a toyota but in the end who spends more money? The ford owner - who will have to pay for constant repairs not to mention the vehicle typicaly won&#39;t last as long.

The same concept goes for a PC. Invest in a good case, fans and power supply to keep things running the way they should. If he doesen&#39;t use his pc for intese things then hell thats even more of a reason to drop down some cash on good quality parts because he won&#39;t be upgrading soon. It&#39;s not a bad pc, but to say investing in more quality parts means your a nerd or intence gamer is not a very well founded point. <_< Not to mention putting a bunch of cheap parts in a PC makes it sound like a jet engine. :lol:

To each unto his own I guess. There will always be ford owners and there will always be toyota owners. I prefer quality, a small investment is pocket change.[/b]
    aain i went for price point and if you look at benchmarks i got a toyota not a ford

You can buy a ford or you can buy a toyota but in the end who spends more money? The ford owner - who will have to pay for constant repairs not to mention the vehicle typicaly won&#39;t last as long.[/b]
    Just for the record.. Ford makes good and solid cars, and the spares are cheap aswell, so u got a bad example there :huh: I have my Ford Mondeo for 3 years now, only parts that got killed were shock absorber and battery charger, rest were just small fixes like tighten a screw and such.

And about tez&#39;s PC, I think even my new laptop graphic card can beat his :P

lol my laptop hassis same states but i costed me 1500 $ so bit of a difrence :P

Just for the record.. Ford makes good and solid cars, and the spares are cheap aswell, so u got a bad example there :huh: I have my Ford Mondeo for 3 years now, only parts that got killed were shock absorber and battery charger, rest were just small fixes like tighten a screw and such.

And about tez&#39;s PC, I think even my new laptop graphic card can beat his :P[/b]
    That&#39;s my point. You have only had it 3 years yet you needed to repair it. My wife has had this 96&#39; toyota avalon for over 8 years and it has 210k miles on it. The only thing we have went to the shop for is a normal timing belt change and some typical maintenance but never anything major.

My point is, in general ford&#39;s are not very well built. They start out with a good frame but their work plant standards arn&#39;t as good as foreign car makers. The mustang and f150 are great cars... good reliability and well made but thats not the case for most others.

On another case, I have 100k miles on my 03 toyota tundra and havent even been to the shop once aside from a timing belt change. I do also have a 03 chevorlet blazer (which I am trying to sell) - and although it hasent given me any truble so far the fit and finish is terrible. Everything squeeks and is low grade plastic.

Anyways that was just an example I made, enough off topic. :lol:
    aain i went for price point and if you look at benchmarks i got a toyota not a ford[/b]
    holy crap tez u missed the whole point -.-! GM&#39;s and Ford&#39;s are fast too but what good does that do you when you gotta repair it every 30k miles.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast