Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Why won't people have some comon sense

This is a discussion on Why won't people have some comon sense within the Media forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by Smoking+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Smoking)</div> <!--QuoteBegin-Cryptology To some people, Hitler was a hero. No, not because of what he did ...
Page: 3

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Originally posted by Smoking+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Smoking)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Cryptology
    To some people, Hitler was a hero. No, not because of what he did to the Jewish community, but because of his leadership abilities and the hope he gave to WWII era Germany. But people only see the bad he did (and don't try to pull the "there's no good in what he did" card on me).
    -1 There was NO GOOD in what Hitler did. Ok that he was a hero to Germans or others that lived during the war, but now ppl should know he fucked shit up. Leading a country into war, loose it and leave it a gigantic financial debt isn't good leadership (not to mention the jewkilling)[/b]
    If I hack you, steal all your items, that'd be awesome in my opinion. In your opinion, it'd be bad.

So.
    Who is right?

NOBODY.

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Originally posted by Smoking

Okay so what u are saying is that if u are one of the persons that think that Hitler is a great guy, its ok for u to mass murder, invade Poland, make Anschluss...because its your personal opinion that these things are great, nice, wonderfull. Thats pretty sick man.
    Anchsluss wasn't bad, it was just a union of countries, what's so horrible about that?

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Originally posted by Smoking+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Smoking)</div>
    Originally posted by susGe+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(susGe)
    <!--QuoteBegin-Smoking
    @
    <!--QuoteBegin-Cryptology

To some people, Hitler was a hero. No, not because of what he did to the Jewish community, but because of his leadership abilities and the hope he gave to WWII era Germany. But people only see the bad he did (and don't try to pull the "there's no good in what he did" card on me).

-1 There was NO GOOD in what Hitler did. Ok that he was a hero to Germans or others that lived during the war, but now ppl should know he fucked shit up. Leading a country into war, loose it and leave it a gigantic financial debt isn't good leadership (not to mention the jewkilling)
    Theres no such thing as good or bad. Its all about personal opinion. Just because you dont think hitler was a great guy doesnt mean someone else isnt allowed to think that.[/b]
    Okay so what u are saying is that if u are one of the persons that think that Hitler is a great guy, its ok for u to mass murder, invade Poland, make Anschluss...because its your personal opinion that these things are great, nice, wonderfull. Thats pretty sick man.[/b][/quote]

he also got the country to unify and be the first to get out the great depression, he was the first to ban smoking on buses and trains after a scientist(german i believe) discovered smoking lead to lung cancer, he started the whole "smoking is bad for pregnancy" thing, and stopped certain smoking ads, got the german occupation rate to near 100%, oversaw one of the largest infrastructure improvement campaigns(aka he built tons of dams etc)

but none of that is good...BAD HITLER BAD!

armand0

If he had succeeded, he would be a hero like many other kings/leaders/warriors in history which are also as bad as hitler, there was always blood in history.
    he wasnt the only guilty of WW2.

Jubilex

Gotta add my 2 cents worth here as WWII is a subject i have studied extensively

Firstly Adolf Hitler was Austrian not German, secondly he was never voted into power by the people of Germany but rather was elected by the outgoing Chancellor in conjunction with the leading industrialist's of Germany (one of his promises to them was the abolishment of unionism).

As to his death he shot himself in the head after his mistress who became his wife in the final hours Eva Braun took poison, both bodies were cremated in the gardens of the Fuhrer Bunker in Berlin. He did this to prevent mutilation of his corpse by the Russians as the Italian people did to Benito Mussolini (el Duche), as it was the Russians took possession of his bones which were burried in 4 corners of the empire of the Soviet Union. For obvious reasons this was done to prevent later generations from creating a shrine out of his burial place. His skull however was taken back to Moscow and to this day remains in what used to be the KGB vault.

As for the "good things" Hitler did such as lowering unemployment, feeding of the masses, and his many infrastructure projects, one must ask what was his motivation? were these projects done for the betterment of German people or to better prepare the country for war? obviously opinions will differ on this subject. One important fact remains, all his so called good achievemets were done using borrowed money primarily from the United States. These loans were never repaid, and many argue he never had any intention of repaying the money courtesy of his desire to go to war. So how difficult is it to rebuild a country on free loans?

Was Hitler a bad man, depends on your perspective.......to me he is no different from Stalin, Genghis Khan, Pol Pot, or Mao Tse-Tung who didnt hesitate to kill those that got in their way, he wasnt the first to practice genocide and sadly I doubt he will be the last.

As for those using his name in games.....well to me they are nothing more than ignorant fools who dont know their history and are out for nothing more than attention. The people I feel for are the German's it's been over sixty years since the ceasation of hostilities but do you think that the German people will ever be allowed to forget ! (oh by the way i'm not German). So as Basil Fawlty says..."Don't mention the war, I did, but i think I got away with it"

Banned

Originally posted by devilscommandments
    Theres no such thing as good or bad. *Its all about personal opinion. *Just because you dont think hitler was a great guy doesnt mean someone else isnt allowed to think that.

are you a nazi ?

Devilscommandment <~~~~ are you an athiest?
    I dont agree with using adolph hitler as a character name in a game either. But comon people.. this is just getting sad, everyday someone has something new (usually extremely petty) to bitch about. If the name offends you fine, kill him all you can in cz (its a game). On the other side of the coin, what if your name offends the christians (or anyone that believes in heaven and hell). Should they get you banned for it...?

Senior Member devilscommandments's Avatar

First I'm a Christian myself. My name doesn't refer to a perticular being... It's devilscommandments not THEDEVIL. Commandments are RULES. devilscommandments do not exist. I made this name up. OK wise guy? Hitler on theother hand DID exist and DID murder people just couse they were Jews or simply got in his way.

Banned

"you all claim to be so open minded, but yet you lack the respect to to do so"

- very wise person

evenson

Hitler > Devils.

Senior Member devilscommandments's Avatar

true.....but devilscommandments > Hitler

Smoking

Reading some of these replies it appears i had a bad perception about Hitler. Appareantly he was a hero. He did all these good things I read. Makes me forget all about his indoctrination, genocide, endlösung and whatever else he did. Lets forget all that. Worship him is what we should do.

Ok sry for the sarcasme. I could try to make a resonable reply, but as a nice signature once said: 'duscussing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics, even if u win ur still a retard'

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Originally posted by Smoking
    Reading some of these replies it appears i had a bad perception about Hitler. Appareantly he was a hero. He did all these good things I read. Makes me forget all about his indoctrination, genocide, endlösung and whatever else he did. Lets forget all that. Worship him is what we should do.

Ok sry for the sarcasme. I could try to make a resonable reply, but as a nice signature once said: 'duscussing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics, even if u win ur still a retard'
    no the sig said ARGUING on the internet...discussing is what a forum is made for

Diez Orginal Senior Member DrUnKeNmAsTeR's Avatar

Hitler was better than G.W. Bush!

Jubilex

Hitler was better than G.W. Bush!
    Rediculous comment, one was involved in the death of over 40 million people and the other is just plain stupid. Personally I dont see any comparison.

Smoking

Originally posted by camaz0tz+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(camaz0tz)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Smoking

no the sig said ARGUING on the internet...discussing is what a forum is made for[/b]
    Somehow, on this forum a discussion IS an arguement. Especially when u start to interfere

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast