Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

ABORTION ?

This is a discussion on ABORTION ? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; I really wanna see what everybody here thinks about abortion ? (please write where your from if you comment) I'll ...
Page: 1

Default ABORTION ?

I really wanna see what everybody here thinks about abortion ?

(please write where your from if you comment)

I'll admit I haven't researched it as much as I should . I do feel that in different situations it can be acceptable , like rape and incest . However in any other situation i think the mother should be held accountable . Not necessarily to take away the "choice" , but to require some sort of responsibility . You see the reason i put choice in quotations . I don't think a woman should have a choice after a certain point . Her choice should have some sort of timeline . With condoms , birth control , and morning after pills being very easy to access . I think thats part of being responsible . Not saying a womans body should be governed . I just think her choice should be made in a period of time deemed responsible (women get their period every month i would think a reasonable timeline would then be 2 months or even 3) . The reason i feel some sort of time line should be establish is to stop any type of partial birth abortion .

When it comes to partial birth abortion this practice i think is possibly the most awful practice ever !It makes water boarding look like brushing your teeth . Its murder as far as im concerned , any reasonable or sane person should agree .

Also , I dont really think any government funding should be given to any sort of organization involving abortion . I feel the moral* issues with abortion in itself is more then enough to dispute government funding in or outta the us . *notice moral not religious dont confuse the two . I think it is a moral issue specially in the us where the constitution protects life . SURE life isn't until your outta the womb . I still think its a moral issue considering premature babies can live normal and healthy lives .

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

I would say you are right in a way, I would also agree that the government shouldn't fund it, but as for aborting, I would have to say that it should be legal in any type of situation. Yes it is sometimes the women's/men's fault into not using protection and such, but I mean, you either have earlier case, so teenagers or college students that become pregnant and to be honest, at that stage it's either their puberty kicking in or their act of independence into thinking they are ready for it. The real fact is, no one should be having a child at an early stage of life, so as we are talking about, if an accident happens, they should be able to abort it, since having your future in jeopardy will only make your life worse and not a good enough to welcome your baby. If we are talking about older people, who already have a career and stuff, well once again it's sometimes mistakes people make, and people here in North America easily fall in love... to be honest, here it's date a few months and then "let's get married" because they know there is always a choice of a divorce, while in places such as Europe, I'm taking my parents for example, they've dated for 4 years before getting married, over there people actually get to know the person they'll be spending their whole life with, because you're looked down as a person if you divorce, at least in my old country, and I would assume so in the rest of Europe or at least the other Baltic countries. So the point is, that here people would have this plan of getting married, and they've already planned on a baby, and within a few weeks/months the whole situation changes; they want a divorce,... and in that case they should certainly be allowed to get an abortion. I guess in my opinion it's not killing a newly developed embryo, it's thinking about how it will survive in the future, and in this case, I think we can all agree that a child with 1 parent wouldn't be as disciplent/educated or whatever it is if it were as with 2 parents.

I don't see how saying it's murder is an argument. And I don't see how some abortions are murders and some aren't. Either it is or it isn't, but it's meaningless either way. By that logic soldiers commit murder all the time and yet we commend them for it. My point is that the taking of life is not inherently bad. I don't find absolute moralities like that helpful.

My viewpoint is that abortions should be legal until the foetus is viable, or able to live independently. I would say until birth but as you say, some babies can live healthily from quite premature births. As for government funding, I don't think there is any option but to allow funding otherwise you face the situation of a woman desperately needing an abortion but not having the money to pay for it which is a damning inditement of the morality of that society.

Don't understand your comparison of partial-birth abortion to waterboarding. People use all these emotional arguments to try and equate the foetus with a functioning adult but the fact is that it is barely aware of its surroundings, if at all, and its actions like kicking are all automated rather than conscious decisions. I don't see how developing a few more body parts suddenly turns an abortion into murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Vote T-rex ?

Where I live, abortion is allowed and I like that idea. It's not murder in my opinion. What if you cannot afford yourself a baby at that time of your life? Sometimes it's just bad timing and then it shouldn't be a problem even for those green- and kathofags which are usually against it. How about helping someone to die?

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

*waiting for bible sucking ignorant rednecks to come*

My opinion: its a free fraking world, america. Get urself a decent educational system and ur welcome to join the rest of the free world, aka europe.

Come to think about it, this post is pretty multifunctional, suitable to almost any harsh reality topic in offtopic section.

Quote Originally Posted by Magyk View Post
    *waiting for bible sucking ignorant rednecks to come*

My opinion: its a free fraking world, america. Get urself a decent educational system and ur welcome to join the rest of the free world, aka europe.

Come to think about it, this post is pretty multifunctional, suitable to almost any harsh reality topic in offtopic section.

Wow what amazing comments. Why don't you just start an "I hate the USA" topic instead of just using ignorant stereotypes. BTW, it's America, not america and it's yourself not urself and it's Europe not europe and finally off topic not offtopic.

1. Bush is a puppet, anyone with an education knows this. He was not elected by the people. Did you follow the election? Did you see his disapproval ratings for his decisions?

2. The USA tries to take most major religious ideals into creating their laws. Do they always work, of course not. Is their massive corruption, of course, any different then ALL the other first major first world countries, of course not.

3. Are all European Countries Pro Abortion, no.

4. Is Abortion legal in the USA - YES Roe v. Wade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does that mean individuals aren't entitled to their own opinions? Have you ever seen the list of great people who were given up for adoption and became incredible people on this planet? What would have happened if they had been aborted. I am only playing devils advocate here, but really, people have a right to their beliefs, who the fuck are you to think otherwise lol. Ignorance runs rampant in all countries, your last post is proof of that.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Welcome! Gona google that too?

From the beginning Senior Member EG4L's Avatar

thank lord there is abortions, without it, a lot of people would SCREWED.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rad_Archer View Post
    Wow what amazing comments. Why don't you just start an "I hate the USA" topic instead of just using ignorant stereotypes. BTW, it's America, not america and it's yourself not urself and it's Europe not europe and finally off topic not offtopic.

1. Bush is a puppet, anyone with an education knows this. He was not elected by the people. Did you follow the election? Did you see his disapproval ratings for his decisions?

2. The USA tries to take most major religious ideals into creating their laws. Do they always work, of course not. Is their massive corruption, of course, any different then ALL the other first major first world countries, of course not.

3. Are all European Countries Pro Abortion, no.

4. Is Abortion legal in the USA - YES Roe v. Wade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does that mean individuals aren't entitled to their own opinions? Have you ever seen the list of great people who were given up for adoption and became incredible people on this planet? What would have happened if they had been aborted. I am only playing devils advocate here, but really, people have a right to their beliefs, who the fuck are you to think otherwise lol. Ignorance runs rampant in all countries, your last post is proof of that.
    Like who? I don't see that you've turned out any good...

Quote Originally Posted by 0000000 View Post
    I don't see how saying it's murder is an argument. And I don't see how some abortions are murders and some aren't. Either it is or it isn't, but it's meaningless either way. By that logic soldiers commit murder all the time and yet we commend them for it. My point is that the taking of life is not inherently bad. I don't find absolute moralities like that helpful.

My viewpoint is that abortions should be legal until the foetus is viable, or able to live independently. I would say until birth but as you say, some babies can live healthily from quite premature births. As for government funding, I don't think there is any option but to allow funding otherwise you face the situation of a woman desperately needing an abortion but not having the money to pay for it which is a damning inditement of the morality of that society.

Don't understand your comparison of partial-birth abortion to waterboarding. People use all these emotional arguments to try and equate the foetus with a functioning adult but the fact is that it is barely aware of its surroundings, if at all, and its actions like kicking are all automated rather than conscious decisions. I don't see how developing a few more body parts suddenly turns an abortion into murder.
    In your first paragraph I going to assume your referring to other people who consider it murder . When I mentioned murder I was making a point about partial birth abortion , not abortion in general .

On the 2nd paragraph exactly what did you mean by live independently ? You mean when they turn 18 ? I think it would be safe to say a baby requires as much as it does in the womb , as it does outta the womb for at least the first year .

My biggest problem with government funding of abortion ESPECIALLY outside of the us , made legal again by obama on day 2 of his presidency (mexico city plan) . Is the original founders / idealist behind planned parenthood and their roots in population control .

Lets see .... First i'll explain the act . Pulling everything outta the body except the childs head . Then inserting scissors into the childs head . Opening the scissors , to then use a suction catheter so the skull will collapse , as the brains are sucked out . The only thing that separates that from murder is the head not leaving the womb .

NOTHING about partial birth abortion is responsible ! Which is really my entire argument when debating abortion . I'll be honest my religious background does in fact make me feel any type of abortion is murder . However I took a moral stance here , not a religious stance .

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    I would say you are right in a way, I would also agree that the government shouldn't fund it, but as for aborting, I would have to say that it should be legal in any type of situation. Yes it is sometimes the women's/men's fault into not using protection and such, but I mean, you either have earlier case, so teenagers or college students that become pregnant and to be honest, at that stage it's either their puberty kicking in or their act of independence into thinking they are ready for it. The real fact is, no one should be having a child at an early stage of life, so as we are talking about, if an accident happens, they should be able to abort it, since having your future in jeopardy will only make your life worse and not a good enough to welcome your baby. If we are talking about older people, who already have a career and stuff, well once again it's sometimes mistakes people make, and people here in North America easily fall in love... to be honest, here it's date a few months and then "let's get married" because they know there is always a choice of a divorce, while in places such as Europe, I'm taking my parents for example, they've dated for 4 years before getting married, over there people actually get to know the person they'll be spending their whole life with, because you're looked down as a person if you divorce, at least in my old country, and I would assume so in the rest of Europe or at least the other Baltic countries. So the point is, that here people would have this plan of getting married, and they've already planned on a baby, and within a few weeks/months the whole situation changes; they want a divorce,... and in that case they should certainly be allowed to get an abortion. I guess in my opinion it's not killing a newly developed embryo, it's thinking about how it will survive in the future, and in this case, I think we can all agree that a child with 1 parent wouldn't be as disciplent/educated or whatever it is if it were as with 2 parents.
    The whole not wanting to be a parent argument and everything is good . It be probably the best argument if we didn't have this thing called adoption . It again is about responsibility and i guess even morals when it comes to adoption .

Mr. Vindictive, you just can't have a normal conversation can you lol. It's beyond your realm of civility. You can keep trying to insult me with your weak pathetic attempts but you and I know what a mental case you are in reality lol.

the one off the top of my head is the game (rapper).

his mom was going to abort him and didn't and he's hooood rich y0

In all seriousness . My step-sister adopted a child who otherwise would've been aborted . He's 13 now plays football , gets good grades , and he's my fucking nephew and I love him .

I know a ton of kids who were adopted and are going to college now . A good friend of mine just graduated and is now going to school to be a doctor .

Quote Originally Posted by Private View Post
    the one off the top of my head is the game (rapper).

his mom was going to abort him and didn't and he's hooood rich y0

In all seriousness . My step-sister adopted a child who otherwise would've been aborted . He's 13 now plays football , gets good grades , and he's my fucking nephew and I love him .

I know a ton of kids who were adopted and are going to college now . A good friend of mine just graduated and is now going to school to be a doctor .

Ya, there are soo many. Just do a famous adoptive persons search. History is riddled with great people from all over the world. And again, it's just a point of the topic.

Psy

Having an abortion is like having a bad period. I think the government should fund it and harvest stem cells so that we, the ones who are living, can live longer and healthier lives. I do believe women should be educated before they go through with it though. Far too often, women regret having the abortion. Even women who have their baby and give it up for adoption tend to look for it later on in life. Abortions are going to happen no matter what, and the only people who will regret it are the people who have them. It's a social issue. And the people protesting abortion are in the same category of the people who protest gay marraige, integration, and animals being used as clothes.

But if it is able to live outside of the womb at the time of abortion, then the child should be forced to live, and it should be the state's responsibility to fund the support of that child (If it is within the US, then I refer to each individual state having to vote on it themselves).
    Last edited by Psy; 10-27-2009 at 06:01 PM.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast