Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

About listening to Ipods

This is a discussion on About listening to Ipods within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; ok im sure everyone has heard that if you listen to your ipod at max volume you will get hearing ...
Page: 1

lil_mageskillz

ok im sure everyone has heard that if you listen to your ipod at max volume you will get hearing problems in a short while. what im wondering is if you listen to it at normal volume or low volume, can you listen to it more often? or does that still give you hearing problems if you listen to it to long at medium or low volume?

Robokill

Regardless of how loud it is, its still going to hurt your ears after prolonged periods of listening to it. If your looking for just a way to make yourself listen to it at lower volumes just use the volume limit feature. I also recommend keeping the bass to a minimum, that always helps.

Banned Senior Member

anything over 80db can hurt your ears for an extended time. We wear earplugs at work that take the sound from about 120db down to 70 or so

get some comfortable headphones spend 50-60 bucks u wont regret it

lil_mageskillz

get some comfortable headphones spend 50-60 bucks u wont regret it[/b]
    i would my friend gots some headphones that price and there great, only thing is when i got headphones they dont last long. i drop them, drag it on the floor. so my headphones usally buy cheap ones :P

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

i would my friend gots some headphones that price and there great, only thing is when i got headphones they dont last long. i drop them, drag it on the floor. so my headphones usally buy cheap ones :P[/b]
    stop spending ur parents money and spend ur own and im sure ull start taking care of ur things better cuz its ur own money ur wasting not someone elses

lil_mageskillz

stop spending ur parents money and spend ur own and im sure ull start taking care of ur things better cuz its ur own money ur wasting not someone elses[/b]
    lmao it is my money. thats why i buy cheap ones im not rich to keep buying 50$ ones. i just break them easily mybe its because there to cheap :P

i would my friend gots some headphones that price and there great, only thing is when i got headphones they dont last long. i drop them, drag it on the floor. so my headphones usally buy cheap ones :P[/b]
    well thats your problem then my headset is a cheap one but an expensive model its usb tho so unno about ipod but check out plantronics.com and check there clearance page theres a 15 dollar head set there that is the exact same as a 50-80 dollar head set i've bought a few of them and always lasted more then 2-3 years

Is there headphones that won't damage your ears? Will Skull Candies damage your ears?

Banned Senior Member

Sound damages your ears, you cant make a headphone which wont harm your ears from the amount of sound going into them

Well will head phones that go in your ear, and head phones that go around it make a difference?

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

lol i just blast it

lil_mageskillz

Was told that theres some earphones that block outside sound so you dont have to put it so loud. then it wont damage your ears so much.

Banned Senior Member

hard to say, I've never used the inside the ear headphones, I find them uncomfortable but I would assume the sound being in your ear could theoretically do more damage then sound from outside your ear. I use behind the ear earphones so that they dont fall out while i'm moving about, but use normal earphones when I go to sleep so once i'm asleep and move around they fall out so i'm not listening to music all night long

Man... I am all paranoid now that I will go deaf by the age of 20 :P My ears are to valuable to have any damage done to them.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast