Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

ACNE

This is a discussion on ACNE within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Originally Posted by Arca_ roaccutane ftw! I used it for a lil while but now I don't need any treatments ...
Page: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Arca_ View Post
    roaccutane ftw!

I used it for a lil while but now I don't need any treatments anymore!!
    Worked for me also

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

i can't have my skin be sensitive. i run cross country practice every weekday + races weekends. :/

Hey cutie Senior Member

i picked my nose and rubbed the snot over my pimple.
    next day, it was gone.

When you take a shower don't have the water too hot and don't have it directly on your face, and when your drying yourself after a shower dab your face dry not wipe. If you use any hair products (spray/wax/clay etc.) make sure you clean it out before you go to bed (so the product doesn't get on your pillow and then on your skin). Get sunlight, and take some multi-vitamins, and try keep a healthy diet (still pack in the good shit, chocolate etc, just try it in moderation).

If that sorta thing doesn't work, go doctors and they can hook you up with some minomycin or doxycycline (minomycin is better) - I'm not sure how the health systems work where your from, but in New Zealand most drugs are subsidized by the government so it costs like $2 (about $1.20USD) for a 6 month course.

If that doesn't work the doctor would most probably either

a) Give you another cycle.
    b) Give you a referral to a dermatologist (these niggers are expensive, but health insurance should do the trick)

If you were to go to the dermatologist you would probably end up on either a tablet or gel-application form of roaccitaine, which almost always works, but almost always has some ghey side-effects. Dry-eyes, peeling around your upper lip and on your nose, cracked lips, red skin etc get pretty nasty, and there's been some reported cases of suicidal tendencies (I'm sure they just tell you this to cover their ass, because i felt no downbuzz whatsoever). You also cannot consume alcohol, and they take blood tests every once and a while to check how your liver is going. But these side-affects subside and in almost all cases your acne problems are marginally reduced if not completely gone. Some people have scars, but thats usually only if it turns cystic. Now, even the cameras with the brightest flash can't find imperfections.

Jos

never rly had it, lucky me ^^

k66k Senior Member ShellinShitakaMad_doll's Avatar

i used diff kinda shit, wsnt rly helping so atm i just let em be, its kinda even better this way

wawh

Quote Originally Posted by ShellinShitakaMad_doll View Post
    i used diff kinda shit, wsnt rly helping so atm i just let em be, its kinda even better this way
    Well if they burst out, don't hesitate to see a dermatologist... else you'll end up having scars in your face x.x

Try baking soda+water: rub it in ur face, wait 5-10 minutes and wash it off.

Banned

i never really had acne that bad, maybe its just your age. i remember when i was growing up i was self-conscious about my acne that i had, and it was only because my facial hair was coming in alot faster than everyone else. omg, i look like chewbacca now

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by undefined View Post
    i never really had acne that bad, maybe its just your age. i remember when i was growing up i was self-conscious about my acne that i had, and it was only because my facial hair was coming in alot faster than everyone else. omg, i look like chewbacca now
    lol i saw my dermatologist, he recommended me shave everyday T_T. their regiment of creams, and diff stuff didn't work for me. meh. we'll see how it goes with soap for a month

Roaccutane has pretty bad side effects, worst ones are:
    Can cause DB, liver infections , dunno the english worth but "unfertile or something" (that your seed fails at making ur gf pregnant ).

Try tetralysal or minocycline, basicly the same as roaccutane, less dangerous.

Wash ur face/back with hot water, not more than 2x a day and use Epi-duo gel after.(expensive as hell but worth it).

Also taking food sumplements like zincotabs can improve a little.

Soap and sun are bad, sun will make ur acne get better a lot , but after it gets way worse than it was before.

For me , I'm 21 and the only time i break out is if i eat chocolate .

I do use some over the counter face cream (can't think of the name) when i shower . I use it mostly just to keep my skin smooth for shaving .

The only thing i noticed on here that actually has worked for me is washing my sheets and pillow cases . I pretty much wash them whenever i do laundry . I dont worry about what i wash them with because im not really allergic to nething .

Seeing a doctor is a bit extreme but i never really cared much. Then again i never really had it to bad . My brother did , but it didn't matter every girl in school wanted him anyways .

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Private View Post
    For me , I'm 21 and the only time i break out is if i eat chocolate .

I do use some over the counter face cream (can't think of the name) when i shower . I use it mostly just to keep my skin smooth for shaving .

The only thing i noticed on here that actually has worked for me is washing my sheets and pillow cases . I pretty much wash them whenever i do laundry . I dont worry about what i wash them with because im not really allergic to nething .

Seeing a doctor is a bit extreme but i never really cared much. Then again i never really had it to bad . My brother did , but it didn't matter every girl in school wanted him anyways .
    same for me, i love it but everytime i eat it i get like millions of new acne in my face -.-

Banned

Private strikes again with his made-up stories

zandwiezen59

drink alot of water and only water.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast