Age of Empires II

This is a discussion on Age of Empires II within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; i can never get multiplayer to work with age of empires. it just wont work. the game wont appear when ...
Page: 1

sime217

i can never get multiplayer to work with age of empires. it just wont work. the game wont appear when i try and connect by IP and what not.
    i have 2 computers [stealing] wireless internet..(im on vacation lol, not my fault, their fault for leaving it unsecure anyway). They are connected to the same server/network. Would it work if i tried to set the game up by a lan connection if i have 2 comps on the same WIRELESS network?
    If not, are there any other ways of getting this multiplayer to work via TCP/IP connection? i cancelled all my firewalls but still it no work. :angry:

sime217

bump, need response fast

dang.. i dont know how to help you for the english version.... i play the conquerers expansion, and you pick this option.. u know how when u go to wireless play, theres lots of options up there? like theres many types of connections you can choose right? (i remember somethign like TCP or some shit) dang i dont know which one it is in english >.< try them all i guess :/ it takes sometimes 30 seconds to find the other persons&#39; game hosting

from what i remember u dont use TCP one.. u use the local LAN or something.. whats it called in english >.<.... I remember the TCP or IP thingy NEVER worked.. it worked like once a few years back, and last year i started playing again, and it would never work when i tried playign with my friend....

uhh also, if you have two laptops, have you tried running those LAN "wires" ? i used to do that with my friend, connect 1 side of the LAN into my laptop, other side goes to his, and we can play 1v1 . but i heard its this different type of LAN wire where it works both "directions"

btw, Huns and Mayan FTW man, FLUSHHHHHHHHHH

b1rdy

I used to play age of the empires.... And I had all cheats for it xD

I would get automatic cars that would shoot bullets lol -_- and infinity gold, wood etc.. ^.^

But yea I never got the multi-player to work either .. So, sorry I can&#39;t help.

i spent so long trying to get aoe2 to work online but the multiplayer server is probably long gone

but seriosly, if you like age of empires2, u should get age of mythology

omfg, so many hours playing that online...
    people can make custom maps with custom triggers/units/etc, so theres like RPGs, cat and mouse, "Sims" type games, etc all with custom environments and shit. ahhh.. i think i&#39;ll reinstall it when i get home...