Amazing breakthrough!

This is a discussion on Amazing breakthrough! within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/pages/...mp;pageId=3.5.1 Simply amazing, technological and scientific research has done it again!...
Page: 1

http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/pages/...mp;pageId=3.5.1

Simply amazing, technological and scientific research has done it again!

Matador

Ohioan oooo yeaaa OHIO best STATE EVA!

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

this is crazy... but i think atm its only small-scaled.. as in if u lose an arm i doubt it'll regrow... however as this medical aspect is improved i'm pretty sure it'll work out. shit... soon humans won't die :mellow:

silverbuffer18

+1 still this is pretty exciting maybe humans will be imortal at one time

Banned

tindall

+1 still this is pretty exciting maybe humans will be imortal at one time[/b]
    God I hope not I couldnt stand to live forever

Banned

wow....

this is crazy... but i think atm its only small-scaled.. as in if u lose an arm i doubt it'll regrow... however as this medical aspect is improved i'm pretty sure it'll work out. shit... soon humans won't die :mellow:[/b]

Who knows? According to that video, the worst wound healed with it was either the horse or the gunshot wound. Only way to know would be to give it to an amputee and see what happens, would definitely be interesting. And if it did regrow, the rehab would suck. Imagine having one arm thats equivalent to the strength of a 2 year old and one having the strength of (insert age here) lol.

Yes Shurt, the rehabilitation period would be unnerving. With this method they regrow complex tissues, nerves, muscles, tendons etc, and making this all functional and "calibrated" with the brain once again would be complex rewiring. Not to mention possible existing phantom limb pain on an arm that doesn't exist, but now DOES exist but is not in pain, can suck a lot. I just know if I lose an arm, a portion of my hand or my face, there is much more hope.

This kind of stuff really marvels me -- these new breakthroughs, and they get less media coverage than Paris Hilton and other obscure junk yet hold powerful implications on humanity itself. Shame.

silverbuffer18

God I hope not I couldnt stand to live forever [/b]
    so u rather die

nice siggy

Matador

I hope they just make an immortal potion b4 I hit age 24 being 24 forever would rok my socks...