Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To Anti War Hippies

This is a discussion on To Anti War Hippies within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Didn't even watch the movie, the name of the topic is dumb enough. This war is a fucking joke, lead ...
Page: 2

Banned

Didn't even watch the movie, the name of the topic is dumb enough. This war is a fucking joke, lead by an even bigger joke, the so called "president". Americas government is all about money, they don't honestly care about america, they care that they get paid, and that they get paid well. If america could just keep their fucking noses out of everyone elses business 9/11 would have never happened to us, which means we wouldn't be over there wasting our goddamn times while watching families fall apart because fathers, sons, brothers, uncles, counsins are dieing just because GB thinks it's going to solve something. I know someone will say oh but things happened before 9/11 that caused tension between us and iran/iraq, but guess what, that tension was caused because america wanted to get into shit that was none of their business.

HotAsIce

Why is everyone bitching and moaning about past decisions that can't be changed. We are in a war, quit your bitching and accept it, think of ways to improve the condition we are in, and stop living in the past. You remind me of that guy who played football in that Napoleon Dynamite movie.

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

Why is everyone bitching and moaning about past decisions that can't be changed. We are in a war, quit your bitching and accept it, think of ways to improve the condition we are in, and stop living in the past. You remind me of that guy who played football in that Napoleon Dynamite movie.[/b]
    the war aint gonna end unless we pull out cuz the muslims wont conform to a puppet government... especially one that is democratic

continuing the war is in no way gonna improve the condition except for the "superpimps"

HotAsIce

I think the debate is over what the people of that country, and what the terrorrists would say if we were to up and leave. They would most likely pursue us into our OWn country, and we'd have the same battles, only with more casualties on our own soil. I think keeping the civilian casualties to a minimum by having some of the most strictly trained troops fighting this war is a better choice than to have a bunch of people who have hardly ever had extensive military training running on a rampage down the streets of new york and washington D.C.

I think the debate is over what the people of that country, and what the terrorrists would say if we were to up and leave. They would most likely pursue us into our OWn country, and we'd have the same battles, only with more casualties on our own soil. I think keeping the civilian casualties to a minimum by having some of the most strictly trained troops fighting this war is a better choice than to have a bunch of people who have hardly ever had extensive military training running on a rampage down the streets of new york and washington D.C.[/b]
    what i find funny is most ppl believe we the USA are the innocent little victims when we provoked 9/11... ooooo dont let dem terrorist sheet-heads come over into the US of A we might have to fight them right here in New york City -.-"

Validating

GWB is the antichrist
    http://www.bushisantichrist.com h34r:

Banned

bush is probably the omen, adopted when his father tried to kill him and failed.

Madness

well it seems we have 3 choices...
    1. Retreat and get are asses kicked in our own country...or be nuked
    2. We stay let men die and kill terrorist
    3. We could all go to canada![/b]
    True

3) best ^^

When a country is invaded under false pretenses, and then occupied indefefinately, why are you surprised that they are pissed off? This whole war is a joke, Bush apparently is "not concerned" with bin laden, probably because he has the oil now. Saddam Hussein was supported by the USA in the 1980's, we all knew about the genocide of the kurds back then and no one cared. It was only when he invaded Kuwait that anyone did anything. It's so sad to see people buy the whole "we had to get rid of him, he was a threat" line. You couldn't be more under the thumb of fox news.

I think that a lot of middle eastern countries would welcome democracy, Turkish style. They do not however want American style democracy (no social welfare, huge poverty divide, gun culture, few family values). It's time for some Americans to wake up and realise that it isn't 1940 anymore. The USA isn't some beacon of justice of progressive democracy, middle easterners do not want what America represents, and you have to respect their wishes. If Bush never won in 2000, then things might be different. A more sophisticated president would have avoided the war and the policy nightmares. I am hoping that Obama wins in 2008, he is the most intelligent candidate I have seen since Clinton, and he would do a lot to improve American world standing.

havvvk

When a country is invaded under false pretenses, and then occupied indefefinately, why are you surprised that they are pissed off? This whole war is a joke, Bush apparently is "not concerned" with bin laden, probably because he has the oil now. Saddam Hussein was supported by the USA in the 1980's, we all knew about the genocide of the kurds back then and no one cared. It was only when he invaded Kuwait that anyone did anything. It's so sad to see people buy the whole "we had to get rid of him, he was a threat" line. You couldn't be more under the thumb of fox news.

I think that a lot of middle eastern countries would welcome democracy, Turkish style. They do not however want American style democracy (no social welfare, huge poverty divide, gun culture, few family values). It's time for some Americans to wake up and realise that it isn't 1940 anymore. The USA isn't some beacon of justice of progressive democracy, middle easterners do not want what America represents, and you have to respect their wishes. If Bush never won in 2000, then things might be different. A more sophisticated president would have avoided the war and the policy nightmares. I am hoping that Obama wins in 2008, he is the most intelligent candidate I have seen since Clinton, and he would do a lot to improve American world standing.[/b]

Very well put, horsefucker! Seriously though, couldn't of said it better myself.

I think that a lot of middle eastern countries would welcome democracy, Turkish style. They do not however want American style democracy (no social welfare, huge poverty divide, gun culture, few family values). It's time for some Americans to wake up and realise that it isn't 1940 anymore. The USA isn't some beacon of justice of progressive democracy, middle easterners do not want what America represents, and you have to respect their wishes. If Bush never won in 2000, then things might be different. A more sophisticated president would have avoided the war and the policy nightmares. I am hoping that Obama wins in 2008, he is the most intelligent candidate I have seen since Clinton, and he would do a lot to improve American world standing.[/b]
    and the reason Saddam invaded Kuwait was a little thing called slant drilling

i find it funny that so many ppl here in the USA can be so ignorant and believe everything the government tells them...

Banned

before george washington died he said, "do not get involved in foreign affairs" look at the irony : )

america is mostly filled with people that like to just fit in with what everyone else is saying, even if they have absolutely no idea what the hell the subject matter is, they will go along with it, just to fit in with everyone else. our country has more social disorders than any other country in the world, maybe its our school system.

i dont have to agree with what the president says, but i have to follow his orders : (

Jesusr0x

You know nothing about 1940's, Americans were for Isolationism. Also this isn't a Democracy in America, its a Republic, and then the fact that Conservatives are for Family Values. Then your saying they didn't care is contradicting your own Mental Disorder, Liberals don't care, they only say were there for Oil, even though we have no control over it. People who say were there for Oil are self centered and only think about them self, there of course is the people who don't want the US in Iraq, but there are the other who do, Christians die there and this goes unreported on Liberal Mews, only Fox News has shown this. No Liberal media has shown that Christian service on Easter needed protection. They don't show it because its just another reason to stay there.

Locksley if you call standing behind the president, knowing what he is doing is right, REALLY supporting the Troops, and being Patriotic is just believing everything the government says, well then I do believe them. I don't believe the Liberals because they always lie.

Heres one of John Edwards Lies "We must make a genuine commitment to help build a democratic Iraq after the fall of Saddam. And let’s be clear: a genuine commitment means a real commitment of time, resources, and yes, leadership. Democracy will not spring up by itself or overnight in a multi-ethnic, complicated, society that has suffered under one repressive regime after another for generations. The Iraqi people deserve and need our help to rebuild their lives and to create a prosperous, thriving, open society. All Iraqis — including Sunnis, Shia and Kurds — deserve to be represented."

""...My faith has been enormous to me in my personal life and of course my personal life is a big impact on my political life" Theres another one

"...In terms of my political life I believe there's a lot of the things that are part of my faith belief is also part of my political belief."
    Another one!

Obama's turn!
    "All of us support the troops"

S.Amdt.1123 Pass Expressing the sense of the Congress that no action should be taken to undermine the safety of the Armed Forces of the United States or impact their ability to complete their assigned or future missions.

Obama voted Nay for that, he wants to undermine their safety.

I'll get more on Obama later.

George Washington said something about Foreign affairs as in Alliances with France and Britain during their War, this was because the Federalist want alliance with Britain and Republican alliance with France which they had signed a treaty with in 1778, he wanted no alliance because it could cause problems within and possibly cause a war. Washington didn't want foreign affairs to avoid war. Iraq is to stop what we caused, a genocide and a ruthless dictator and let Kurds and Shiites have voice in Iraq.

Only an idiot like George Bush can think to try to impose Democracy on Islamic nations[/b]
    yeah except its already happening and they want it dont listen to ur bull shit polls

agendas

hippies and liberials

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast