Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Applying for a graphic design job. (what kind of designs to show them?)

This is a discussion on Applying for a graphic design job. (what kind of designs to show them?) within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Well i applied for a job and i got an interview with the owner, they told me that it would ...
Page: 1

RiseAgainst_

Thumbs up

Well i applied for a job and i got an interview with the owner, they told me that it would be better if i take some designs with me to show them some of my work, atm im trying to get a logo i made for some asociation from my school but besides that.. what kind of artwork? i made a wallpaper.. whatelse? or whaaaaat i have no idea

evilwevel

website templates, vectorised images, edited images or stock photos. also some original logo design would be a big plus.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

websites uve designed, logos uve designed, ur ability to color images with photoshop(as in color line art into fully colored work), vector images, etc

it also depends what they need the graphic design job for, as in what kind of company is it?

evilwevel

maybe some drawings or paintings to if you're going to apply for a more "designing" job

DarK

Take them the sig that you made me a few months ago, = insta-job

RiseAgainst_

Take them the sig that you made me a few months ago, = insta-job[/b]
    Wich one did u mean ? oo the one i made for u

Well its a company that designs a magazine, so i would do the job for them cuz i use photoshop, its not like i need to know auto c4d for a zine.

These are the designs i have atm that i can show:

<-- not finished yet, i need some c&c (i think ill lower the opacity of the text also)

<-- this is a design i draw with a pencil, i scanned it and rendered it, i have the drawing in the pc also.

RiseAgainst_

Oh i was forgetting.. i will also show them a logo i made for the Asociation of Engineers from my university with wich i won the 1st place of the contest so i got a recognition paper/diploma where they sign it and everything wich ill show them also !!

LadyTorr

I&#39;m not sure about sigs... most graphic-based companies expect to see stuff like LPs, logos, website templates, etc. Depends on what the company is for. It&#39;s usually a bonus if you have other skills like concept drawing, illustration, photography, 3d modelling.

I&#39;m not sure about sigs... most graphic-based companies expect to see stuff like LPs, logos, website templates, etc. Depends on what the company is for. It&#39;s usually a bonus if you have other skills like concept drawing, illustration, photography, 3d modelling.[/b]
    Yup yup

u failed already by not bringing them ur C.V with some arts of urs :lol:

RiseAgainst_

Ill print my CV

Cadence96

Do a blog with all your artworks. :P

what the hell, u passed interview without a C.V.? u so failed >_<

RiseAgainst_

I will take my CV with me im not stupid!

The written CV, a diploma igot for wining my engineer university asociation logo, the logo and some artwork, besides all of it in a CD. Ill also bring some lub :x*just*in*case*just*in*case....

make sure to ask a phone number to call them back after , so u can keep a control on the interview and like after a week of so , if they didnt call , call them and ask about the interview, they will have to answer u , and if they were hesitate between you and another one , if your calling them like that , they might choose u for ur perseverance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast