Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arm/Shoulder Injury

This is a discussion on Arm/Shoulder Injury within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; hey guys. So yesterday in gym class I collided with another guy while playing basketball. I got hit very hard ...
Page: 1

legendmage

hey guys. So yesterday in gym class I collided with another guy while playing basketball. I got hit very hard and almost fainted. (Btw im not weak by any means, i have been weight lifting for a year straight, im very fit etc.) So i was immediately rushed to the ER at the closest hospital. They took x-rays and found no fractures or dislocations. However i was still in a lot of pain. The doc said I probably tore a tendon or muscle. I have an appointment with a psychian next week. They gave me very strong painkillers, and they help me sleep however they dont take away the pain that much unfortuannley.

So does anyone have any experience with this :s Like any tips? How long will it take to heal? What I should eat etc.

Thank you all input is appreciated

go to a chiropractor

but since ur from canada im guessing u have nationalized health care meaning ur shoulder probly is broken they just dont wanna pay for it

legendmage

my x-rays didnt show any broken bones so its probally a torn muscle tissue or something
    And the pain isnt really on my shoulder but sorta my neck and pecs

Psy

Since you've been "weight lifting for a year," you probably have Tendonitis. If you do, they're going to inject a steroid into your shoulder and it should take away the pain for a couple weeks (But it starts to take effect a few days after the injection, and it hurts a lot). You should also watch your calcium intake, try not to take too much until your condition is properly diagnosed.

legendmage

sounds painful :mellow:
    ugh. as long as i dont require any surgery and make a full recovery im happy.

lil_mageskillz

go to a chiropractor

but since ur from canada im guessing u have nationalized health care meaning ur shoulder probly is broken they just dont wanna pay for it[/b]
    you whish you had our health care lol

on topic didn't the doctor tell you how long it will take to heal? also what happened to the other guy?

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

I had a surgery for my shoulder a year ago because it kept getting dislocated. After 2 weeks I was already able to move it and after 4 weeks I went to physical therapy where they twisted my arm around and such xD
    Anyways since you're young it shouldn't take more than ~6 weeks to heal even if you had a surgery. Strengthening the muscles will take some time too.

legendmage

the other guy was fine. it was like hitting a brick wall

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

Don't get hooked on the painkillers.

[spoiler]p.s What kind are they? [/spoiler]

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Learn to use the left hand. If you know what I mean.

Yes, I mean masturbation. It releases endorfines wich take away pain ._.

Learn to use the left hand. If you know what I mean.

Yes, I mean masturbation. It releases endorfines wich take away pain ._.[/b]
    It always ends up with an ejaculation when you enter a topic. WTF is wrong with you!?

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

It always ends up with an ejaculation when you enter a topic. WTF is wrong with you!?[/b]
    Uh... UHh... I DON'T KNOW! I'm right tho

It always ends up with an ejaculation when you enter a topic. WTF is wrong with you!?[/b]
    It's Dro. If a topic he posted in DIDN'T go straight to ejaculation, I'd be concerned.

Anyway, out of the responses posted here, I'd probably go with Psy's response. If Tendinitis is the problem, that'll be something your doctor will have to diagnose himself. Also likely is that you might have fractured the bone and the radiologist missed it, which happens. I don't know anything about Canadian health care, but if you can get a second opinion, I'd give that a shot. Another possibility is that you bruised the bone, which hurts like a bitch, but isn't anything serious. Out of curiosity, what did they give you for pain? Knowing what type of medication isn't helping would help in determining severity of your problem.

legendmage

They gave me Lenoltec 3. Today i went to my family doctor for a second opinion, i booked a ultra sound. She said its probally rotator cuff tendinitous. I tryed exercising my injured arm/shoulder today and it took me 5 minutes to put on a t shirt! ugh im in so much frigin pain its unreal.

Psy

I forgot to add that you should try as little as possible to move it until it is treated, you may end up causing even more damage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast