Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Astronomy question

This is a discussion on Astronomy question within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; There is many theories of how everthing was created. I just posted my views on one of the popular ones. ...
Page: 2

There is many theories of how everthing was created. I just posted my views on one of the popular ones.
    [i]1. The big bang was not an explosion. Space itself expanded (and is still expanding).[/b]
    Well nothing cannot expand and create into something. Unless this is what happened after matter was created.. I would like to know what matter.

P.S. I knew pluto was not a planet and a SSB.

Banned

Uranus swings the other way? PRIDE!

Phosgene

There is many theories of how everthing was created. I just posted my views on one of the popular ones.
    Well nothing cannot expand and create into something. Unless this is what happened after matter was created.. I would like to know what matter.

P.S. I knew pluto was not a planet and a SSB.[/b]
    at point zero(big bang) , there has been singularity , which is a 0 dimention object with endless mass...there the laws of physics where created , and in the same place exactly they fall .
    anyway , the incomprehanceable amount of energy turned into matter and anti-matter . if the world was so perfect as religion claims , we wouldnt be living here today , because the amount of matter and anti-matter would be same , it would annihilate and no mass would be created . but , it is speculated that for every 100 million anti-matter (or matter , could be seen both ways) particles , there has been 100 million and one particles of matter . everything i just wrote happened in a fraction of a second . universe started to expand , first atoms has been created(hydrogen and helium) and the rest is history .
    i really dont wanna offense anybody , but religion is the best way for the "people" to understand the world and its known that educative societies are more likely to be more atheist than less educative ones .

P.S. I knew pluto was not a planet and a SSB.[/b]
    Radiation > matter

My theory is this:

First came the egg.

the big bang theory is extremely difficult to comprehend because there is no concept of time or dimensions beforehand. I suggest you read a proper physics book about the subject. What happened before the big bang is purely speculation, but it almost certain that it actually took place. I think that if you read about general relativity first, it makes it easier to understand the big bang theory since you have to stop thinking about time as being absolute.

huge temperatures mixed with radiation mmm, Hydrogen building block of the universe - fuse it and u get the periodic table

WRONG WRONG WRONG

because god made it that way

My theory is this:

First came the egg.[/b]
    and god laid that egg!

Psy

It was said that a comet that hitting off of the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula caused billions of tons of the Earth's crust to be kicked up in the air and envelop the Earth. Would identical minerals (or dust?) unique to the crater's surroundings be found under layers of Earth at any place because of this?

Also, do Gamma ray bursts (from collapsed stars) travel faster than the speed of light?

Also, do Gamma ray bursts (from collapsed stars) travel faster than the speed of light?[/b]
    Nope

Banned

Nope[/b]
    i think nothing does

I am sure there is something that travels faster. Could be that we havent discovered it yet.

Psy

I am sure there is something that travels faster. Could be that we havent discovered it yet.[/b]
    Well the reason I asked the gamma question is because supposingly a gamma beam can go off from 100 light years away and it hits Earth in an instant almost. I must've heard it incorrectly

Well the reason I asked the gamma question is because supposingly a gamma beam can go off from 100 light years away and it hits Earth in an instant almost. I must've heard it incorrectly[/b]
    Maybe it was it takes 100 years to hit the earth :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast