Aviators

This is a discussion on Aviators within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Anyone here has there pilots license (fixed wing or rotary) or currently getting theres?...
Page: 1

Default Aviators

Anyone here has there pilots license (fixed wing or rotary) or currently getting theres?

From the beginning Senior Member EG4L's Avatar

I don't but i like wearing aviators in the summer

Uzu

Quote Originally Posted by EG4L View Post
    I don't but i like wearing aviators in the summer
    lie, good things still look ugly on ugly ppl

You saying i'm ugly?

Uzu

me sayin what i wanting dawg

Because you know what i look like at the moment and my current style. Lets see a picture of you

Classic ePenis fight! Please someone add "Real life" and "GF"

Not really. Just a kid randomly trying to start a flame war.

At least I am not in this one...

Psy

My mother has one. Always joked that if terrorists were to hijack a plane she'd be the one who would land it safely after it's taken back (much unlike the plane that crashed in PA on 9/11).

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Always been something I have wanted to do hence my geeky obession with flight sims. Due to the medication I take and basically being a poor student it's stopped me doing it again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Always been something I have wanted to do hence my geeky obession with flight sims. Due to the medication I take and basically being a poor student it's stopped me doing it again this year.
    If this is a real passion of yours, your quality of a student should not get in the way. Medication might do it... If you really want to try and get your private license I would go to your nearest AME and see if you would be qualified to get your license and if you are get a class 3 medical certificate.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bomb5hell View Post
    If this is a real passion of yours, your quality of a student should not get in the way. Medication might do it... If you really want to try and get your private license I would go to your nearest AME and see if you would be qualified to get your license and if you are get a class 3 medical certificate.
    It costs over £10,000 to gain a light aircraft licence here in the UK. Then I would have to look at the cost of aircraft rental and airport fees and taxes. If I went to the US I beliave there are special courses which take a month and cost about £5000 to do.

I'm putting £2500 a year course fee's a futher £3600 is spent on my reading list , software and transport. My Alpina gets about £3000+ a year put into it's restoration. One day I would love to fly and as I said aviation is a big intrest passion of mine. I guess I enjoy the aircraft element side of it. I am always supporting any Concorde preservation fund raisers and I have been involed with helping the Avero Vulcan bomber being restored and kept airworthy for the last 4 years. My medicaion point blank stops me from flying due to the excessive side effects I can suffer with and have been recorded by my surgens from suffering. Ask a few of the seniour mods and admins about me when my medication is really messing me up.

I jabe recently baught X-Plane 9 which is acclaimed as being the mst realistic flight sim. It's not as graphically amazing as Microsoft Flight Simulator 9 and X but the feel of the avionics is very good. I admit I do prefer the MSX as it's a much more enjoyable experince. I also fly FS9 as there are 2 superb payware Concordes , one has a 200 page manual on how to fly it. I like this element of the sim.