Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Ayman4u - religious discussion

This is a discussion on Ayman4u - religious discussion within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; ...
Page: 2

DragonFire

Banned

TunaFishyMe

Originally posted by the_man_slayer
    When did anyone suggest they were stubborn? Just because you can't see them obviously doesnt mean they dont exist. But atoms are proven to exist, we know they do. A bit hard to say we have proof God exists. 'A miracle happened, it must be God oooo'. It's just not logical. But live and let live. People have every right to believe what they wont, doesnt bother me what they decide to believe.
    "A smart muslim is an oxymoron. By definition a muslim is irrational, lacking logic and tends to have a lower IQ than otherwise. The irony of Paddy telling others to grow up is spectacular considering the defense he is giving to such chidish behaviour as superstition. It is a shame that paddy also lives in england.."

- Your Icon, 0

How is what you saying anything different? "Atoms are proven to exist, we know they do." Thats a great argument there. I dont think you have understood my post. Go read it over a couple of times and read between the lines. I believe in science, but I also believe in God.

@Shurt: I couldnt find the exact so a paraphrased it and said it was mine xD! Isnt that what everyone does anyways?

Ayman4u

Care to back any of these up? Verse numbers would suffice of course, but perhaps full quotations are in order for everyone else who might read this thread. I call shenanigans.
    ok i will back them up with verses and its numbers correctly from the Quran and u can look by yourself or any one , also with scientests comments i will paste them here and get the links of the vedios of there statments and comments about the verses and what they discovered.
    just need to sleep now 1:10am have college tomorrow then will get them ready and post them here

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TunaFishyMe)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-the_man_slayer
    When did anyone suggest they were stubborn? Just because you can't see them obviously doesnt mean they dont exist. But atoms are proven to exist, we know they do. A bit hard to say we have proof God exists. 'A miracle happened, it must be God oooo'. It's just not logical. But live and let live. People have every right to believe what they wont, doesnt bother me what they decide to believe.
    "A smart muslim is an oxymoron. By definition a muslim is irrational, lacking logic and tends to have a lower IQ than otherwise. The irony of Paddy telling others to grow up is spectacular considering the defense he is giving to such chidish behaviour as superstition. It is a shame that paddy also lives in england.."

- Your Icon, 0

How is what you saying anything different? "Atoms are proven to exist, we know they do." Thats a great argument there. I dont think you have understood my post. Go read it over a couple of times and read between the lines. I believe in science, but I also believe in God.

@Shurt: I couldnt find the exact so a paraphrased it and said it was mine xD! Isnt that what everyone does anyways?[/b]
    omg, great idea baba...

"E=MC^2" - Me.

or

"I have a dream..." - Me.

I WIN!

the_man_slayer

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TunaFishyMe)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-the_man_slayer

- Your Icon, 0

@Shurt: I couldnt find the exact so a paraphrased it and said it was mine xD! Isnt that what everyone does anyways?[/b]
    No, zero is not my icon, I have said what I think. Last time I checked it was legal to share similar views on some issues.

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe
    The reason why you dont believe in religion is because you cant see it. *
    I believe I read and answered your post properly. My arguement wasnt that we can prove atoms exist, I was using it as a commparison. I dont think u understood my post. And please tell me what I missed in-between the lines.

Babek

Religion doesnt have to be proven. *It is a faith. *We believe in it. *We do not need numbers or so called "evidence" to believe in something. *You claim that people who are religious are stubborn compared to people who dont. *But who are you to say who is stubborn and who isnt. *
    As long it's called "faith" I have no problem with it, but when people start to mention "Creation is science" I'll have to say something.

Why do people believe? I would say that 90% of all religious people are born in to a religion and have inherit their faith, the other 10% have probably experienced some sort of over powering feeling of something watching over them or a "miracle" of some sort.

Why are I an atheist: I never seen, heard, felt anything that would prove(a tabu word I know) the existence of a god, I actually never seen, heard, felt anything that would be considered "unnatural". I would also have a problem with a god who let children die, who let people starve and have no problem with slavery. That is not a good loving god, that's a bastard.

Ayman4u

Originally posted by Ayman4u

Care to back any of these up? Verse numbers would suffice of course, but perhaps full quotations are in order for everyone else who might read this thread. I call shenanigans.
    ok i will back them up with verses and its numbers correctly from the Quran and u can look by yourself or any one , also with scientests comments i will paste them here and get the links of the vedios of there statments and comments about the verses and what they discovered.
    just need to sleep now 1:10am have college tomorrow then will get them ready and post them here
    ok back from college

let me eat then i will be here and not sure if i should start another topic or no , anyway we will see after i finish

TunaFishyMe

Originally posted by Babek+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Babek)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-TunaFishyMe

Religion doesnt have to be proven. *It is a faith. *We believe in it. *We do not need numbers or so called "evidence" to believe in something. *You claim that people who are religious are stubborn compared to people who dont. *But who are you to say who is stubborn and who isnt. *
    As long it's called "faith" I have no problem with it, but when people start to mention "Creation is science" I'll have to say something.

Why do people believe? I would say that 90% of all religious people are born in to a religion and have inherit their faith, the other 10% have probably experienced some sort of over powering feeling of something watching over them or a "miracle" of some sort.

Why are I an atheist: I never seen, heard, felt anything that would prove(a tabu word I know) the existence of a god, I actually never seen, heard, felt anything that would be considered "unnatural". I would also have a problem with a god who let children die, who let people starve and have no problem with slavery. That is not a good loving god, that's a bastard.[/b]
    I say you bring up very good points. I was born religious and I have inherited the christian faith. But to be honest, I am not that religious myself. I like to ask questions, so I question if there really is a god. Regardless, I see both sides of the story and I understand why people do believe in God even though there isnt that sort of "evidence" science provides.

What makes me wonder is how people always say the Bible is just a book, it isnt true. You dont believe its true because you havent seen it yourself. However, you are able to accept "science" as the truth just because you read it in your textbook. Have you actually seen the "evidence" science provides? I am not saying science is false, Im just saying you are able to take something so complicated and something you dont truly understand as facts but you feel that people who believe in something as simple as a god are crazy? That is the main point im trying to get at.

To answer why god let children die. Im sure you have heard of this a million times, but life on earth isnt for enjoyment. The spiritual world is what we desire. Death is not to be feared. I dont know of your age, but lets say you have a kid. Would you let him skateboard? Ride a bike? The chances of him getting hurt is higher if he does these things but you have to let him experience.

Hostage

It reminds me of Santa Clause. When are churches going to stop taking our hard earned cash and tell us god isnt really there?

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

obviously there is a higher being cuz something cant come from nothing no matter how u break it down scientifically SOMETHING must have made the first spec of dust th first whatever u think caused the creation of the universe

but heres the interesting part...this is a dicussion about religion correct? religion is complete bs ur whole belief system is based around following the rules guidelines and examples shown by ur holy books(bible, quran etc) so that u may live a happy peaceful life....now the whole existance of religion has distorted that and taken it from its original value which is why i dislike religion and dont follow it personally...

what makes u think that "God" gives 2 shits about ur prayers? or about ur religion? or the fact u believe in him? do u think he cares if u get the whole world to believe ur ideal about him? do u think he REALLY truely cares if u insult him...rofl that some omniscient being so all powerful and eternal cares so much if u insult him?

get it through ur fucking heads arguing over religion over which is best or which is true is POINTLESS cuz it means NOTHING! religions are tools used to control people always has been always will be the original basis of belief were little circles of people no church no control...just a little group of people to tell the stories of jesus and other religious persons to lead an example on how to live ur life peacefully and HAPPILY(<key point) the bible wasnt made til waaaaaaaay later by the catholic church and was then used as a way to manipulate the illiterate masses(nice religion :rollseyes: ) and start wars in the name of it(crusades)

oh but dont worry turks ur not excluded from this with ur muslim belief muslims had their own crusade shortly after the death of muhammud(spelling?) which they would travel around and force 2 things(u had a choice) u could either pay taxes to them or convert to muslim(WHIPEE either way ur FORCED to do something u dont want to) and yes there were wars and many battles over this it wasnt peaceful oh and dont use the excuse "was probably started by someone new to the religion or something like that" it was ORIGINALLY started by muhammuds(again...spelling?) himself...then after his death was continued on a larger scale by his own brother

atheist is the way to go but not for the reason the mass of idiots for lack of a better term say they are now...as i said in the beginning to argue that there is no god is STUPID there has to be whether hes around still is irrelevent he had to have been here at least in the very beginning to start everything....but to be atheist because u dont wish to follow the mindless fools of religions is a lot more respectable IMO

Religion doesnt have to be proven. *It is a faith. *We believe in it. *We do not need numbers or so called "evidence" to believe in something. *You claim that people who are religious are stubborn compared to people who dont. *But who are you to say who is stubborn and who isnt.
    Exactly, but I woulden't expect others to realize that.

Also, I have yet to see any PROOF of evolution. Don't show me theorys or other books because then, it would be just as the Bible to you. If you wernt there... you dont know exactly what happened. I don't care about your theorys or "facts" (who is to say they are facts, who was there?).. I prefer my faith.

And I look at it this way, I enjoy my life as a Christian. I was recently converted less than a couple years ago because of my wife, and ever sense then I have felt more complete. I will take the safe road instead of finding out whats waiting for me at the end and not be prepaired.

what makes u think that "God" gives 2 shits about ur prayers? or about ur religion? or the fact u believe in him? do u think he cares if u get the whole world to believe ur ideal about him? do u think he REALLY truely cares if u insult him...rofl that some omniscient being so all powerful and eternal cares so much if u insult him?
    Because some of us believe that the Bible was the inspired word of God, writen through prophets and apostles. Again, this all comes back to faith.

Neither was true for me, I grew up in an agnostic environment. I have never experienced any special "miracle". Now you ask why do people believe? Because I am sitting in this office and what do I see out the window? And incredible world.. something so complex I find hard to believe wasent created by someone. Looking at the way my mind and body functions makes me shiver how it is even possible, yet I am supposed to believe it was created from a single celled organism? I choose to believe in creation, and from the evidence that was shown to me ... and seeing how old and accurate the ancient manuscripts of the bible, that lead me to believe. From my eyes sir evolution requires just as much faith.

Unlike 0000000 I don't believe people are stupid because of what they believe. It is so hard to tell whats truth and whats not truth, but what burns me is people who persecute others because of their faith. If you don't want to believe what we do, fine but please please don't drag us down because of your insecurities. (not targeted to babek, just to future posters)

I don't think religion should be discussed here to be honest, but at least there hasent been any major flaming going on yet... well... maybe some. :lol:

Len

wheres 0000000 to crap on this thead <_<

Pwner4Last

HAH, there is no god sry Big bang > Earth > everything else I could explain more but, then i have to use hards words, and sinse i can't translate all those hard words it feels pointless, and i don't feel like sitting with a dictonary (

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Originally posted by Vacant

Because some of us believe that the Bible was the inspired word of God, writen through prophets and apostles. Again, this all comes back to faith.
    the bible is a collection of stories taken from experiences through religious people over time....whats there for god to inspire in that? rofl...unless u argue he inspired the people that the stories are written of...in which case ud have to argue that he inspired adem and eve to eat the apple and that free will is merely bs told to us by ur god so that we dont get wise to his control

anyway where did i say anything about the bible in what u quoted?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast