Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Ayman4u - religious discussion

This is a discussion on Ayman4u - religious discussion within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Originally posted by Pwner4Last HAH, there is no god sry Big bang > Earth > everything else I could explain ...
Page: 3

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Originally posted by Pwner4Last
    HAH, there is no god sry Big bang > Earth > everything else I could explain more but, then i have to use hards words, and sinse i can't translate all those hard words it feels pointless, and i don't feel like sitting with a dictonary (
    big bang cant come from nothing...where did the components to make that explosion come from? answer that and ill believe there is no higher being...science believes something needs to come from somethign else...an explosion wont just occur...so where did the components come to make the bang come from? better yet where did the universe come from...the big emptyness for the big bang to occur that had to have been made as well

Originally posted by camaz0tz+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(camaz0tz)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Vacant

what makes u think that "God" gives 2 shits about ur prayers? or about ur religion? or the fact u believe in him? do u think he cares if u get the whole world to believe ur ideal about him? do u think he REALLY truely cares if u insult him...rofl that some omniscient being so all powerful and eternal cares so much if u insult him?
    Because some of us believe that the Bible was the inspired word of God, writen through prophets and apostles. Again, this all comes back to faith.
    the bible is a collection of stories taken from experiences through religious people over time....whats there for god to inspire in that? rofl...unless u argue he inspired the people that the stories are written of...in which case ud have to argue that he inspired adem and eve to eat the apple and that free will is merely bs told to us by ur god so that we dont get wise to his control[/b]
    Please re-read the Bible if you don't believe me. The Bible is a guideline not only stories. Do you think every story writen through out history was recorded in such a small book? No, the storys that were written all have a moral point to them in the end. There is always something that can be brought to your everyday life from reading them.

No, the Bible was not "written" by God, it was inspired by him and everything that was written there was chosen by him and accepted by him.

What amazes me is how historically accurate the Bible is (no, im not dating back billions of years). I can't really think of where to get the evidence on this, but if you watch the history channel enough you should know. :lol:

anyway where did i say anything about the bible in what u quoted?
    Your post was long so I just chopped up a few words and quoted them, didn't really bother with what I was quoting.

in which case ud have to argue that he inspired adem and eve to eat the apple and that free will is merely bs told to us by ur god so that we dont get wise to his control
    Well, of cource we have free will.. thats quite obvious but that wasen't ment to be just a story, it's an event that actually took place.(believe it if you will). Now, the point behind adding it to the Bible (in my oppinion) was to us where sin and satan originated, and to show that humans are sinfull creatures.

It is an illistration to show us that if we sin we will be punished. (granted that we don't repent)

Len

oh brother...<god> nowadays is a tool, a tool to make money. in the past ppl felt safer when praying. my fathers parents used to pray if a huge lightening was occuring. 1 thing was paralel in all ages- god was/is used for manipulation

Babek

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe

I say you bring up very good points. *I was born religious and I have inherited the christian faith. *But to be honest, I am not that religious myself. *I like to ask questions, so I question if there really is a god. *Regardless, I see both sides of the story and I understand why people do believe in God even though there isnt that sort of "evidence" science provides. *

What makes me wonder is how people always say the Bible is just a book, it isnt true. *You dont believe its true because you havent seen it yourself. However, you are able to accept "science" as the truth just because you read it in your textbook. *Have you actually seen the "evidence" science provides? *I am not saying science is false, Im just saying you are able to take something so complicated and something you dont truly understand as facts but you feel that people who believe in something as simple as a god are crazy? *That is the main point im trying to get at. *

To answer why god let children die. *Im sure you have heard of this a million times, but life on earth isnt for enjoyment. *The spiritual world is what we desire. *Death is not to be feared. *I dont know of your age, but lets say you have a kid. *Would you let him skateboard? *Ride a bike? *The chances of him getting hurt is higher if he does these things but you have to let him experience.
    Science is out there for everyone, you can pick up a book and read about it, go to a museum, do some experiments of your own or watch a documentary...etc, With religion you have only the book and some holy men. And the book is fuilled with one part antisemetic jibberisch and another part sumerian folklore(Even some nubian stuff : O ).

What in the name of jebus does a 6months old baby experience by starving to death? God is either evil, a sadist, weak, take a pick.

Babek

Originally posted by camaz0tz

but to be atheist because u dont wish to follow the mindless fools of religions is a lot more respectable IMO
    Well that is not an atheist. You can't have you god and eat him ^_^

Originally posted by Babek+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Babek)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-TunaFishyMe

I say you bring up very good points. *I was born religious and I have inherited the christian faith. *But to be honest, I am not that religious myself. *I like to ask questions, so I question if there really is a god. *Regardless, I see both sides of the story and I understand why people do believe in God even though there isnt that sort of "evidence" science provides. *

What makes me wonder is how people always say the Bible is just a book, it isnt true. *You dont believe its true because you havent seen it yourself. However, you are able to accept "science" as the truth just because you read it in your textbook. *Have you actually seen the "evidence" science provides? *I am not saying science is false, Im just saying you are able to take something so complicated and something you dont truly understand as facts but you feel that people who believe in something as simple as a god are crazy? *That is the main point im trying to get at. *

To answer why god let children die. *Im sure you have heard of this a million times, but life on earth isnt for enjoyment. *The spiritual world is what we desire. *Death is not to be feared. *I dont know of your age, but lets say you have a kid. *Would you let him skateboard? *Ride a bike? *The chances of him getting hurt is higher if he does these things but you have to let him experience.
    The Bible is out there for everyone, you can pick up a book and read about it, go to a museum, do some experiments of your own or watch a documentary...etc, With science you have only the book and some holy men. And the book is fuilled with one part antisemetic jibberisch and another part sumerian folklore(Even some nubian stuff : O ).

What in the name of jebus does a 6months old baby experience by starving to death? God is either evil, a sadist, weak, take a pick.[/b]
    I can just as easily switch those words with my own. What evidence can a book or documentary give?

As for starving childeren, no one can fully understand God.. thats my only explaination to you. God doesen't care about this physical life... it's only a short period. What is 6 years compaired to an eternity when they die?

Babek

Originally posted by camaz0tz
    the bible is a collection of stories taken from experiences through religious people over time....whats there for god to inspire in that? rofl...unless u argue he inspired the people that the stories are written of...in which case ud have to argue that he inspired adem and eve to eat the apple and that free will is merely bs told to us by ur god so that we dont get wise to his control

Where does it say that the fruit was an apple? :P

Hostage

I believe I was put on this earth to reproduce and survive.

And by all means.. I'm gonna do just that! ^_^

Originally posted by Babek+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Babek)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-camaz0tz
    the bible is a collection of stories taken from experiences through religious people over time....whats there for god to inspire in that? rofl...unless u argue he inspired the people that the stories are written of...in which case ud have to argue that he inspired adem and eve to eat the apple and that free will is merely bs told to us by ur god so that we dont get wise to his control

Where does it say that the fruit was an apple? :P[/b]
    I guess cama likes apples. :lol: Granny Smith only plyz.

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

i always thought it was a peach or something... cause that man was probably filled with lust and decided he needed to cup a boob. n when he saw the peach that the mermaid(whatever it was) gave as a fruit-of-evil or some shit similar he thought to himself "i have to touch this one!"

TunaFishyMe

Its all in the eyes of the beholder. If you read the bible like a story book, then yes, its just a bunch of stories of jesus's life. But if you read the meaning behind the stories, you will see the morals it guides. I dont think it really matters whether or a person believes in but how they act. I have met a lot of christians and a lot of non-christians (I go to church but dont go to a public school) and I can tell you (not always) but the mentality of thinking is a lot different. Obviously, killing, stealing are things everyone know is wrong, but there are certain issues that a christian will react differently than a non-christian. This is just from my experience.

Originally posted by lIIIIIIIIIIl
    i always thought it was a peach or something... cause that man was probably filled with lust and decided he needed to cup a boob. n when he saw the peach that the mermaid(whatever it was) gave as a fruit-of-evil or some shit similar he thought to himself "i have to touch this one!"
    Peaches are to fuzzy to feel like boobs. (unless you like hairy man-boobs, cava)h43r: They are a bit squishy though.

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe
    Its all in the eyes of the beholder. *If you read the bible like a story book, then yes, its just a bunch of stories of jesus's life. *But if you read the meaning behind the stories, you will see the morals it guides. *I dont think it really matters whether or a person believes in but how they act. *I have met a lot of christians and a lot of non-christians (I go to church but dont go to a public school) and I can tell you (not always) but the mentality of thinking is a lot different. *Obviously, killing, stealing are things everyone know is wrong, but there are certain issues that a christian will react differently than a non-christian. *This is just from my experience.
    like whether ur ok being a homosexual or not, right tuna? this concerns u THE MOST thus far.

Originally posted by Vacant
    Peaches are to fuzzy to feel like boobs. *(unless you like hairy man-boobs, cava)h43r: *They are a bit squishy though.
    y do u care, u said u liked hairy women :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by lIIIIIIIIIIl+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lIIIIIIIIIIl)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Vacant
    Peaches are to fuzzy to feel like boobs. *(unless you like hairy man-boobs, cava)h43r: *They are a bit squishy though.
    y do u care, u said u liked hairy women :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/b]
    Personal preferance.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast