MegaVideo legit?

This is a discussion on MegaVideo legit? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Ok so i was trying to find a House episode for a Methodology i am writing and MegaVideo seemed to ...
Page: 1

Default MegaVideo legit?

Ok so i was trying to find a House episode for a Methodology i am writing and MegaVideo seemed to be the only site that actually had a working full version of the episode i wanted. I watch the episode and everything was fine. But when i navigated away from the site, i get this pop up that says "Your computer is infected with X viruses" (not exact words but pretty much what it meant). I didnt download it because i know that those can be fake anti-viruses and besides im fine with the one i have. I exited out of it but now my computer seems to be running slower than usual. I heard rumors about this site being sketchy but i didnt know if it was true and if i could get a virus even though i didnt download nething. Thanks for your input!

Uzu

that's just ur imagination...

you should kinda know that these pop ups are just fake and never true, even when you are the 1,000,000th visitor on a page, lol.

If you fall for this you could have fallen in another trap already, I suggest you to download Avira AntiVirus and scan your computer, just to be sure..

Ignore Me Senior Member

An advert cant scan your computer.

If I get paranoid. I normally hit cntr-alt-del TaskManager and google every process name I see.

Was prolly just a pop up add and not an infection. You should, however, scan your computer from top to bottom asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzu View Post
    that's just ur imagination...

you should kinda know that these pop ups are just fake and never true, even when you are the 1,000,000th visitor on a page, lol.

If you fall for this you could have fallen in another trap already, I suggest you to download Avira AntiVirus and scan your computer, just to be sure..
    I didnt fall for it lol. Just popped up. Exited right after just wasnt sure if there was a way it put something on my comp. ^.^

Ignore Me Senior Member

Dont know if you read technology blog Gizmodo but they appolgised today. For allowing an ad containing this kind of scareware.

Apparently they tested the fake ad on Linux. So didnt pick it up.