View Poll Results: Best Metal Guitarists

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mike Martin & Oli Herbert ( All That Remains )

3 20.00%
  • Alexi Laiho & Roope Latvala ( Children of Bodom )

1 6.67%
  • Mark Morton & Willie Adler ( Lamb of God )

0 0%
  • Matt Heafy & Corey Beaulieu ( Trivium )

0 0%
  • Michael Amott & Christopher Amott ( Arch Enemy )

0 0%
  • Herman Li & Sam Totman ( Dragonforce )

1 6.67%
  • John Petrucci ( Dream Theater )

5 33.33%
  • Jonny Santos & David De La Cruz ( Silent Civilian )

0 0%
  • Jonathan Donais & Matt Bachand ( Shadows Fall )

0 0%
  • Michael Romeo ( Symphony X )

1 6.67%
  • Synyster Gates ( Avenged Sevenfold )

3 20.00%
  • Matt Tuck & Michael Paget ( Bullet For My Valentine )

1 6.67%
  • Marucs Henderson ( Formerly of Drist )

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Best Modern Metal Guitarists

This is a discussion on Best Modern Metal Guitarists within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; its not about playing lightspeed dude , but hendrix didnt play well at all , he was an average guitarrist ...
Page: 2

Speed

its not about playing lightspeed dude , but hendrix didnt play well at all , he was an average guitarrist with little techniques and not much speed , and most important he always played all his songs very dirty ( in a way that a lot of noise and craps ) , theres plent of other guitar players that are way better in every aspect .. like i said he is only loved cause he was one of the first to do this ...

DragonFire

Voted Dream Theater cause Although I do think Synister is good..I just think he could be so much better if he wasn't so sloppy with his solo's.

out of all of them, the only ones better than me are John Petrucci and Michael Romeo. Dimebag darrell is close, but is very limited technically compared to Petrucci. None of those guys are even 50% as good as the "godlike" guitarists like Allan Holdsworth, Shawn Lane, Guthrie Govan, John Mclaughlan, Ron Thal, Paul Gilbert, Frank Gambale and so many more. Those are real guitarists.

Speed

lol.. id like to see u playing , u say only those 2 are faster than you , on the other thread u said u were better than any of those drummers ... u must be gifted by the gods eh

NightmareOfAMartyr

out of all of them, the only ones better than me are John Petrucci and Michael Romeo. Dimebag darrell is close, but is very limited technically compared to Petrucci. None of those guys are even 50% as good as the "godlike" guitarists like Allan Holdsworth, Shawn Lane, Guthrie Govan, John Mclaughlan, Ron Thal, Paul Gilbert, Frank Gambale and so many more. Those are real guitarists.[/b]

But like I said you fucktard, its MODERN METAL. Paul Gilbert is one of my favorite artists, and I actually was going to put him up here with Racer X but I decided not to because, I for one realized that I was doing a thread about MODERN METAL. And I keep hearing about how good you are on the drums, now the guitar, wheres the backing for it?

redbluegreen44

But like I said you fucktard, its MODERN METAL. Paul Gilbert is one of my favorite artists, and I actually was going to put him up here with Racer X but I decided not to because, I for one realized that I was doing a thread about MODERN METAL. And I keep hearing about how good you are on the drums, now the guitar, wheres the backing for it?[/b]
    all about jimi hendrix..

Loll

NightmareOfAMartyr

all about jimi hendrix..

Loll[/b]

Now if only you knew anything about guitar..

DragonFire

lol.. id like to see u playing , u say only those 2 are faster than you , on the other thread u said u were better than any of those drummers ... u must be gifted by the gods eh[/b]

But Zero Can ACTUALLY play guitar lol... :P

the guitarists from funeral for a friend are insanly talented

hej

Ofc its Ywngie Malmsteen, do i dont like the most off what he plays.

Speed

But Zero Can ACTUALLY play guitar lol... :P[/b]
    never said he couldnt , i can play too and not at newbie lvls i have been playing for 8 years now , thats why i said id like to see him play :P , both guitar and drums to show hes as good as portnoy like he said on the other thread

Ripper_of_romania

lol.. id like to see u playing , u say only those 2 are faster than you , on the other thread u said u were better than any of those drummers ... u must be gifted by the gods eh[/b]
    actually he uses this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12