burning cds with winamp

This is a discussion on burning cds with winamp within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; i think i read this online but i just wanted to make sure since i cannot find the link anymore. ...
Page: 1

mezcalaman

i think i read this online but i just wanted to make sure since i cannot find the link anymore.

i read that when u burn a cd using winamp and u have the equalizer on, it passes that setting onto the tracks that are burned. so if i had the setting to rock on the equalizer then that is how the songs would sound on the cd they are burned to. is this right or its not possible? i think it also mention winamp wav write module or something.

thanks in advance

evilwevel

i don't know if you can burn CDs with winamp (never tried, i use a usb stick for my car radio :lol: ) but i'm pretty sure the equalizer won't affect the quality of the music when you burn it.

mezcalaman

mmm lol i just wanna burn a cd that sounds "loud" u know? like how my burned cds usually aren't as loud as originals or great quality and such.

i found that link that i was talking about though heres some quot and ill post link as well.

"I know the theory of compression, and how you can never get back the "lost" quality and all. But I had a funny experience when I used to do this a long time ago. I used to use Adaptec/Roxio CD creator to burn .mp3s onto an audio CD. When I let the Adaptec wizard do the conversion automatically for me onto CD audio, I found the sound quality somehow poorer than when I did it manually using WinAmp's wave write module. The CDs I produced with the latter seemed to have a boomier, richer bass and more "power" (very subjective, I know, but there you go). So I continued to take the time to do that every time, just using the Adaptec to burn the wave files onto the CD."

"The difference is that with winamp's wav writer you get the same sound as is being sent to your speaker - meaning it goes through the winamp pre-amp and graphic equalizer."

taken from http://www.physicsforums.com/archive...p/t-81418.html

so then according to this the wav writer thing probably lets you change the song itself b4 burning it? i dunno lol

rokertje

yup it does but only if you burn at 1x speed and a wav file not as a mp3

Zxenke

.mp3 is compressed more than a .wav is, so you would get better sound with a .wav, though it is going to be larger

i use winamp to burn audio dc's cause it gives excellent sound quality compared to other burners. the write speed should / must be low cause low speed causes better quality. but i dont know about the equalizer, havent tried that if it makes any difference. but i think it doesnt (just my opinion).