Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cannibal Holocaust

This is a discussion on Cannibal Holocaust within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; So, who's seen this movie? I just saw the unedited and uncensored version. I am ashamed at myself. I admit ...
Page: 1

So, who's seen this movie? I just saw the unedited and uncensored version. I am ashamed at myself. I admit I had too much of a good time (my body let me know ) while they were raping/dismembering the french white girl...

I know this film was fucking amazing because I had to pause it 3 times to get my stomach together. Good stuff.

Any other horror film buffs there with recomendations on other great hits?

I have one recommendation, and it's an old one, Susperia, made around the 1970s. Very graphic.

schrotti told me about that movie.. didnt have nuts to search after it

I've seen Cannibal Holocaust... yeah a bit controversial film. Authentic scenes where they were killing animals and all acts of cruelty shown in that film - hardcore ( poor turtle btw)

those were... real... animals?

I could only stomach those parts because I kept thinking "man those are fake, great effects, much better than CG!". lol well i'll be damned.

Poor turtle, poor wombat, poor snake, poor monkeys >_<

we have kids in this forum. what u want with that sig :&#39;(

if i remember that film was banned back in the early 80&#39;s along woth zombie flesh eaters
    both had a cult following when i was a kid
    btw where did you get the film ?

those were... real... animals?[/b]
    weren&#39;t they? they looked pretty real, and I don&#39;t think that in 70&#39;s they could make such special effects.... that turtle looked VERY realistic. I may be wrong but imo they were real :/

im interested

where i can get that movie if its banned lol.. >.<

UsedFromDiez

I wanan see the movie I like horror movies...but if it is real animals I might skip it ^ ^

I wouldn&#39;t call that film a horror.... it&#39;s more like gore or something like that

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

your so cool goat i wanna be like u

unique

O.o, I&#39;ve some what seen this movie and when they kill the turtle it was actually real :mellow:, or so I&#39;ve read somewhere. This movie has been banned in some places.

A quote from IMDb.com, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078935/

"‘Cannibal Holocaust&#39; is not about a sharp storyline, great acting or superb special effects (though the unsimulated effects are generally good). Instead it is about humanity in general. If you believe you can cope with violent and repulsive imagery and scenes of unbelievable cruelty then go ahead and watch it but otherwise it is certainly one to avoid. Some people will probably find the moralising over such repulsive subject matter offensive and I can&#39;t say that I blame them. However, there is a message there and this movie makes an extremely bold statement. The question is though whether it was right to make the statement in this way? From an artistic standpoint it holds no real value but remains an interesting movie."

"weren&#39;t they? they looked pretty real, and I don&#39;t think that in 70&#39;s they could make such special effects.... that turtle looked VERY realistic. I may be wrong but imo they were real :/"

Well, it DID look very real, but I mean, Aliens was made right around the same time and they were using animatronics, robots and crap. It didn&#39;t even occur to me the budget differences between films until I started typing this. I digged around some info, and yes, real animals. Seems like it was quite controversial when it came out...

Where did I get it? I shouldn&#39;t say; some mod will probably close the topic down or mute/ban you all who posted here for some bs like "we have kids in this forum!" or "helping spread illicit material" or "I felt like it". The internet is a wonderful thing though WINK WINK.

And cava, yes, I know you want to be like me, but you&#39;d get shot in Asia if you wore Corpse paint like me

Well theres "gore" horror and suspense horror, i much prefer suspense films. If you like blood and guts then watch ichi the killer and suicide club.

For extreme films i think "The men behind the Sun" is one of the best, and Salo also, but neither are horrors really in the traditional sense.

I like asian horror films best, like The Eye, Audition, Ju-On, Ring 0 etc. Looking at ogrish all the time kinda desensitises you to gore films so i can relate a lot more to psychological stuff.

Well theres "gore" horror and suspense horror, i much prefer suspense films. If you like blood and guts then watch ichi the killer and suicide club.

For extreme films i think "The men behind the Sun" is one of the best, and Salo also, but neither are horrors really in the traditional sense.

I like asian horror films best, like The Eye, Audition, Ju-On, Ring 0 etc. Looking at ogrish all the time kinda desensitises you to gore films so i can relate a lot more to psychological stuff.[/b]
    Ichi The killer based on manga, the manga worst than the live action movie, well i prefer suspense horror more than gore horror. The Eye is good movie, also The Ring series ( japanese&#39;s movies ) , i watched Ju-on the four movies but i get bored from it.
    also as long as u mention asian movies ever watched oldboy ? a psychological korean movie, if not then try to watch it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast