Computer and Cyberspace Addiction

This is a discussion on Computer and Cyberspace Addiction within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; I was reading one article about it from : http://www-usr.rider.edu/~suler/psycyber/cybaddict.html some of you guys maybe are really really addicted maybe ...
Page: 1

knightkiller

I was reading one article about it from : http://www-usr.rider.edu/~suler/psycyber/cybaddict.html
    some of you guys maybe are really really addicted maybe it's hard to admit and say... well yeah im like 10-12 hours a day in my computer playing games, talking with my friends on msn, reading forums, listening musics, download good stuff and bad stuff, watching movies, reading my mail very often, and more.

there're some questions that I found in that website that I wanna share with you, and just ask that to yourself to see how much you're:
    Do you feel a need to spend more and more time on line to achieve satisfaction?
    Are you unable to control your on-line use?
    Do you feel restless or irritable when attempting to cut down or stop your on-line use?
    Do you go on line to escape problems or relieve feelings such as helplessness, guilt, anxiety or depression?
    Do you lie to family members or friends to conceal how often and how long you stay online?
    Do you risk the loss of a significant relationship, job, or educational or career opportunity because of your on-line use?
    Do you keep returning even after spending too much money on on-line fees?
    Do you go through withdrawal when off line, such as increased depression, moodiness, or irritability?
    Do you stay on line longer than originally intended?

if you spend a lot of hours in the internet u might get these symptoms:

drastic lifestyle changes in order to spend more time on the net
    general decrease in physical activity
    a disregard for one's health as a result of internet activity
    avoiding important life activities in order to spend time on the net
    sleep deprivation or a change in sleep patterns in order to spend time on the net
    a decrease in socializing, resulting in loss of friends
    neglecting family and friends
    refusing to spend any extended time off the net
    a craving for more time at the computer
    neglecting job and personal obligations

if you're spending too much time in the front to your computer everyday.... try to avoid it because u're gonna fuck your life in your future (sorry for that word).

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

Top 10 Signs You're Addicted to the Net

10. You wake up at 3 a.m. to go to the bathroom and stop and check your e-mail on the way back to bed.

9. You get a tattoo that reads "This body best viewed with Netscape Navigator 1.1 or higher."

8. You name your children Eudora, Mozilla and Dotcom.

7. You turn off your modem and get this awful empty feeling, like you just pulled the plug on a loved one.

6. You spend half of the plane trip with your laptop on your lap...and your child in the overhead compartment.

5. You decide to stay in college for an additional year or two, just for the free Internet access.

4. You laugh at people with 2400-baud modems.

3. You start using smileys in your snail mail.

2. The last mate you picked up was a JPEG.

1. Your hard drive crashes. You haven't logged in for two hours. You start to twitch. You pick up the phone and manually dial your ISP's access number. You try to hum to communicate with the modem. You succeed.

Another Top 10 Signs You’re Too Addicted to the Internet

10. You’ve started to look like your favorite emoticon.

9. You’ve memorized your credit card number, expiration date, and that three digit number on the back.

8. OMG u st8rted spkng n L33T.

7. You camped outside Al Gore’s house for three weeks just to thank him for his invention.

6. You’ve started typing “.com” after every period.com

5. You ask the clerk at Whole Foods how many stars the bag of Organic Farms Arugula got.

4. Your skin crawls when someone pronounces ‘meme’ wrong.

3. Your ringtone is Chocolate Rain.

2. You’ve already composed an email to pass on this Top 10 list.

1. You ask your girlfriend if she is up for some downloading tonight.

avoiding important life activities in order to spend time on the net [/b]
    Define "Important life activities". If its going to a party drinking beer until you past out, listening to drunk ppl that cant put a sentence together, then yes I prefer staying home at the PC.

Banned

Define "Important life activities". If its going to a party drinking beer until you past out, listening to drunk ppl that cant put a sentence together, then yes I prefer staying home at the PC.[/b]
    ummm there're a lot of things to do o_O

Mens

Define "Important life activities". If its going to a party drinking beer until you past out, listening to drunk ppl that cant put a sentence together, then yes I prefer staying home at the PC.[/b]
    Not many friends, huh?

lil_mageskillz

u rather stay home on ur pc then go to a party and drink beer with other ppl? lol

Psy

Wow, you all are making jokes of addiction. Hopeless.

TunaFishyMe

i rather gamble

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

My pc is where my music is, I just happen to be connected to the internet If I wasn&#39;t I&#39;d be fine, got work to do anyways <_<

Banned

My pc is where my music is, I just happen to be connected to the internet If I wasn&#39;t I&#39;d be fine, got work to do anyways <_<[/b]
    dont lie

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

dont lie[/b]
    6, just because you don&#39;t have a job doesn&#39;t mean you get to be angry, go read your bible and be quiet.

Mens

Wow, you all are making jokes of addiction. Hopeless.[/b]
    There in no physical addiction to the internet. You&#39;re a fool. Mental addiction is for the weak minded.