Craigslist scams

This is a discussion on Craigslist scams within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Ok, well I thought this was sorta funny, so figured someone else might get a laugh or two out of ...
Page: 1

Bowtie4Life

Ok, well I thought this was sorta funny, so figured someone else might get a laugh or two out of it. Personally, I've never dealt with Craigslist before until very recently, and the one thing I did sell went through without a hitch. Listed a few more things, main one being a new itouch, and was contacted by one guy saying he would pay $100 for the item if I were to ship it to his nephew, who is out of state. Immediate red flag, right? Well I played along with him, took some info from him, and gave him my paypal to send the money and w/e. These are the next couple of emails I got...removed all names involved...

"Paypals" emails, to be honest they look really really like the real thing. Only thing, the emails were sent to the wrong email, and email which I have never ever used with paypal period...

Last two are the ones that put me over the top, look at the pictures on the last ss, I dont think the FBI would put these types of things in such a serious letter...

I couldn't sleep last night/this morning, and this actually made it worth it to be up this early. I know this isn't the first time this has happened, nor the last, but for me it is, and Ill always appreciate the effort he put behind it to try and scam me

Banned

Never, ever, ever, EVER trust anyone from Nigeria. They have some of tis biggest scamming buisnesses going on there. Have you never seen where Chris Hansen goes to Nigeria to track down the scammers?

If you ever see any address to Nigeria just close the email or w.e it is.

why is it just in nigeria?
    i didn't think nigerian scam emails actually came from nigeria o_0

evilwevel

the fbi mail seems legit, they always put some motivational posters at the end of their mails. it's to soften the blow of beeing contacted by the fbi

best mail i ever got from "paypal" was this :

never thought the internet was invented before 1899

Bowtie4Life

I knew right away the deal was fake, just played along. And I figured "Nigerian Scam" was just like a general description, figured they always didn't have to be actually from Nigeria lol.

Enlighten me.

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

lol my buddy got scammed by selling his dirt bike in a diffrent way tho
    like the dude goes on how he sent the payment twice or some shit and if u could send it back lol its funny i dont remember the exact story but it was really funny how they had it planned that well

Deviouspro

there r millionaire kids in nigeria who get rich by doing this