Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Creatine and Whey

This is a discussion on Creatine and Whey within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; I think there is some sort of limit before they can actually ban something. Creatine doesnt cross the limit so ...
Page: 2

TunaFishyMe

I think there is some sort of limit before they can actually ban something. Creatine doesnt cross the limit so it isnt banned. Like alcohol kills the liver or cigs kills the lungs. You can't ban it though.

I take Optinum Nutrition 100% Whey. ON is the brand. I dont know how many scoops you should take a day, but you are suppose to take 0.8g * bodyweight (inpounds) of protein a day. I might have the number wrong, you might want to look it up. You should take it offdays as well since your muscles still need protein to heal. Personally, I dont want to get that big (not that I really can anways, unless I inject myself with a lot of chemicals) so I just take it after workouts. Whey is pretty pricy too. 5lbs of it cost me 80 bucks. If i eat it everyday, id be done in a month...thats quite a bit. So i just eat it on workout days when its most effective.
    I don't do gainers, i dont need that stuff. But I do take whey.
    Casien is for during the day. Hardcore people take both. Whey after workout, casien during the day. It's gets really pricey.

To be honest, taking casien/creatine/whey does not make you huge. It HELP you get big. If you dont lift hard enough in the gym, those things wont help. Its just a convient way to get more protein in your diet. I've been taking whey for 2 months, and i do see some changes. But i've been trying to eat 500 calories more than what i need to sustain myself per day, so that could be it to. I did get a bit fatter but its not really noticeable. Once i get to the weight i want, ill just do cardio and the fat should melt off. With more muscle, you burn more fat. So don't worry about putting on some extra fat. Its temporary.

EDIT: and also, gyms always sell creatine and stuff like this. I don;t think there are any 100% proof research that says it can harm you in the future. But for creatine, there are rumors that it isnt 100% safe.

when i started going to the gym i had 10 inch bi ceps i did it by myself and it took me 7 months to get 18 inches after i started taking x-spand i now have 18 inch biceps flexxed

( properly measured ) and i bench 250 pounds (rep) and max out at 320 and squat nearly 400, i can also curl 80 pounds 1 hand and deadlift nearly 300 ( properly )

x-spand only has i think a 5% creatine content

TunaFishyMe

lol thats monstrous

thank you

im short tho so i look like a fucking idiot

5;11

TunaFishyMe

lol im only 5'9 but im asian so theres no way i can ever bench 250 or deadlift 300 haha.
    I bench 150 at most right now and deadlift 120...i just started deadlift so im slowly moving up.
    I can't squat cuz i use the company's gym and i have no power rack. Theres a smith machine, but i read they break the knees. Ill wait till i go back to university and then il lstart squats

i use a smith machine what model is it i can give you some tips to using it.

i also squat on it all you do is face inwards instead of outwards

i work out with an Asian alot hes makes me look small

he put up 370 on bench

Sun Bum CHA

TunaFishyMe

im not sure what model it is. Does it matter which way you face? I tried facing both ways, and it was easier for me to face outwards cuz of grip. You know how it's connected to those hooks? if i face inwards, i have to actaully roll my wrist forwards. usually i try to keep my wrist straight, whicfh then always gets caught so its annoying. I think i dont know how to use it properly. I usually bench dumbells though, cuz i dont have a spotter for a bar and the smith machine isnt really free weight.

Big Gizzle Senior Member Disturbed's Avatar

I have been lifting for a while and Imma big guy if you seen my pic in off topic media lol.. I have tried several different creatines and proteins and to me the best so far with no comparison is muscle milk.. Good stuff, has carbs, calories and some fat which is what you need. As Tuna said too, ON is good too, cheap in price, but good quality.. If you don't want to spring the extra cash for Muscle Milk, Dymatize makes the same thing called Mega shake.. Lifting has always been one of my favorite things to do, takes determination and sometimes you don't feel like hitting the weights, but imo the results are worth the occasional frustrations.. When you get two plates on each side on bench it feels great, but then when you hit three plates and eventually the 405 mark, it's awesome, but then you want more lol..

tips on how to squat with a smith put a peice of tape on the wall at exactly your eye level.

get both feet shoulder width apart and pretend to hump the air slightly but stop and hold when your back is just slightly bent

keeps your eyes on the peice of tape when you go up and down so it helps you get proper form.

work out tips

ok to get big here is what im gonna have you do every time you work out for a month then it will change

get on a bike machine and use it until your legs are sore

then

leg press 4 sets of 10

bench 4 sets of 10

squat 4 sets of 10

dumbell fly stretch 30 seconds

tricep lateral pulldowns 3 sets of 12

hamstring pull 3 sets of 12

dumbell jump squats 4 sets of 10

deadlifts 3 sets of 8

lateral one arm extensions 4 sets of 12

then go and lie down on a bench take a barbell with 5 pound weights on each side place it on your forehead ( while still holding it ) and extend your arms until they fucking kill

NEVER EVER EVER do dumbell bench its pointless and it fucks up everything you've done to your triceps so far

that will get your started and always do more weight than you think you can do

i rep 250 on the bench my max is 320 just always push yourself and do what ronnie coleman does before he lifts scream light weight LIGHT WEIGHT! before you do it.

lol I use to say light weight light weight after watching Ronnie's videos as a joke down at the gym, but now it kinda gets me motivated.. I don't scream or anything, I prefer to stay calm.. I also vary work-outs from week to week, shock your muscles some. Super sets are a must too, for definition, muscular endurance and strength.. As far as dumbbell press is concerned, it's all about preference.. I do them occasionally as well as flies for a stretch and they put less strain on the shoulders then incline bench if done correctly.. I am by no means a strength training expert, I am just stating what works for me, but what works for me might not work for you.. All I can say is stick with it and you won't regret it.. Even after bad luck shoulder surgery and a bad back I still love it lol.. I'd post my workout but it differs so much each week that I do not have a specific routine.. I usually don't give advice, but some stuff I would recommend against is: Doing chest one day then tri's the next or vice versa, same doing back or bi's in consecutive days.. I also don't like doing chest and shoulders on consecutive days.. Cheat curls are alright to a degree, but whatever you do, don't lean back while doing preacher curls, one of the easiest ways to tear your biceps..

I'll post some of my fav workouts..

Chest, flat decline incline bench, flies, dumbbell presses etc
    Tri's- Skull crushers, close grip bench, over head dumbbell extensions, cable pull down or kick backs
    Biceps- Love barbell or single arm dumbbell curls, but my favorite is standing bent over isolation curls
    Back- T bar rows, Lat pull downs
    Lower back- dead lifts, reverse crunches
    Legs- Hack and regular Squats, leg curls, extensions, lunges, calve raises
    Abs- I usually just super-set lower and upper abs for about 10mins
    Shoulders- Military press, dumbbell press, lat and front raises, bent over raises for rear delts
    Traps- Barbell and dumbbell shrugs, upward rows

There are a lot more work-outs you can do, these are just some.. Mix and match, have fun...

creatine doesn't damage your kidneys unless you take more than the recommended amount in lump dosages. I just don't think it's really necessary because the benefits are negligible and it's expensive over here. Buying whey + creatine every month is like double my tv subscription and phone contract costs put together. Companies exaggerate the benefits of creatine just to create a myth around it.

x-spand here is 70$ a carton and it lasts me 2-3 months and thats working out every other day

creatine doesn't damage your kidneys unless you take more than the recommended amount in lump dosages. I just don't think it's really necessary because the benefits are negligible and it's expensive over here. Buying whey + creatine every month is like double my tv subscription and phone contract costs put together. Companies exaggerate the benefits of creatine just to create a myth around it.[/b]
    Your 100% right about the creatine.. I tried it in my early years of lifting and noticed minimal to no gains and maybe some water weight size.. I stayed off it for about 3 years, decided to give some new stuff a try and had almost no gains.. Not worth imo, you get more from what you eat and some protein powder if you choose to go that route.. If you choose to take creatine just make sure your ready to hit the bathroom a lot after all the water you consume on top of the creatine..

TunaFishyMe

i know a couple people who have problems taking whey as well. i believe the lactose contain in whey isnt very high. But whey gives people a lot of gas. I'm fine with it though. I believe creatine does the same, but ive never tried that stuff.

you can also eat scoops of peanut butter for extra protein/calories. thats what i do lol. 1 tsp of peanut butter has 4g of protein and 100 calories lol. I just eat 2 scoops and drink a glass of milk before i sleep.

Speed

just buy nitro-tech , best protein you can get out there

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast