Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The Da Vinci Code

This is a discussion on The Da Vinci Code within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Read the book and saw the movie... book > movie, because all the information can be layed out better and ...
Page: 2

Sweet

Read the book and saw the movie...

book > movie, because all the information can be layed out better and make more sense in book format IMO.

Plus, I don't think Tom Hanks was the best pick for that role... but OMG Ian McKellan FTW! :P

Movie is pretty good. Never read the book but I might read it after seeing the movie.

the book is outstanding . .havent seen the movie yet, but have heard that the movie tip-toe's around alot of the pressing topics presented in the book. Sacrifice a good story to be politically correct, is what i'm guessing.

READ THE BOOK FIRST~ For those that dont like to read or w/e, the book was such a good read, I read it in a day (then again, I was deployed at the time, and didnt have much else to do)

cccch

you read that whole thing in a day?

leftclaw

I know I did. ^^

Narya

I actually didn't like how the book was written. To me, it read more like a screenplay than a novel. I'm sure that facilitated its adaptation nicely to a movie, but I don't plan on seeing the movie. I already feel like I've read a movie.

TuPadre

The book is great, along with the other Dan Brown books, I didn't like the way they did the movie, they changed too many things I liked in the book.

sophiem

well movie was great :P

movie>book becuase after 1 page of reading i getting sleep xD

TunaFishyMe

i find it funny cuz this dan brown guy actually believes in the shit that he wrote. My friend told me he publicly announced that he thinks this stuff is true. There are also these believers who now think christianity is a hoax cuz of this guy. lol. Yes this book is an interesting/entertaining read. He claims that he uses all facts etc etc. This is somewhat true but he skews the facts to his favor.

I believe he mentions a council that held a vote to determine if jesus was man or god. Dan Brown said that the vote was close. In fact it was 300 to 2.

He mentions that the world would be feminist if the church didnt prosecute against women. He mentioned that the church killed 5 million women in the witch hunt. 5 million women. Wow. Assuming you kill 20 witches a day. (thats a lot because they didnt just go around shooting them). 365 days a year means 7300 witches a year. 5million/7300means 684 years. So thats about 7 centuries of pure witch/women killing...sure man.

He talks about the picture of the last supper with the person next to jesus being mary madaglene. Jesus had 12 disciples. The picture had 13 people in it. Why on earth would the picture of the last supper have 11 diciples, jesus and then mary madaglene. lol

PopTart

i heared that the movie sux....

the book has 2 much details and the producer couldnt keep up with all that so he changed alot of stuff

Originally posted by cccch
    you read that whole thing in a day?
    yea

blackholesun

The movie was nice , no more and no less .
    The book though was good for only 1 purpose - to make my staying in the guard posts in the army more plasent xD

Originally posted by blackholesun
    The movie was nice , no more and no less . *
    The book though was good for only 1 purpose - to make my staying in the guard posts in the army more plasent xD
    where u from?

CrowleyxXx

The movie was nowhere near as good as the book. But then it takes a full day or more to read a book where as a movie is limited to a few hours. But the moviw was definitely decent (not great). It was worth seeing. Read the book and see the movie...both are good

blackholesun

Originally posted by ChanTicO+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChanTicO)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-blackholesun
    The movie was nice , no more and no less . *
    where u from?[/b]
    Middle east - Israel : you know the girls here are the best in the world xD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast