Death by RollerCoaster

This is a discussion on Death by RollerCoaster within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; AGAWAM, Mass. (AP) A 55-year-old Connecticut man died on Saturday when he fell out of a roller coaster at the ...
Page: 1

AGAWAM, Mass. (AP) A 55-year-old Connecticut man died on Saturday when he fell out of a roller coaster at the Six Flags New England amusement park.

The man fell out of the Superman Ride of Steel roller coaster at about 3 p.m. as it was approaching the end of its run, according to a statement released by park officials.

Agawam police identified the victim as Stanley J. Mordarsky of Bloomfield, Conn.

Park paramedics responded immediately and Morbarsky was transported to Baystate Medical Center in Springfield where he was pronounced dead about 45 minutes later, the statement said.

The man came out of the ride as it hit a curve, according to an eyewitness. The man ''started spinning like a Frisbee and hit the rail, bam, and then fell down on the ground,'' Anthony Arroyo told WFSB-TV of Hartford, Conn.

People started screaming, eyewitness Sara Syez told WHDH-TV in Boston.

''All of a sudden people started screaming, 'Stop the ride, stop the ride,' someone has fallen off,'' she said. ''They finally stopped the ride and it was extreme panic and we looked and all the people in the cars were crying ... and we looked over to the side and there was a gentleman laying by the fence.''

The ride was immediately closed and the incident is under investigation by park staff, Agawam police and the state. There was no immediate word on the cause of the incident.

The roller coaster was inspected on Saturday morning and was certified for operation by state certified inspectors prior to the park's season opening on April 17, park officials said. Christine Cole of the Executive Office of Public Safety said the inspectors did not work for the state.

The incident was not the first time there has been a problem with the Superman roller coaster. In August 2001, 22 people suffered minor injuries when one car rear-ended another at the park just outside of Springfield, about 90 miles west of Boston.

The Superman Ride of Steel roller coaster opened in 2000 to much acclaim, and has been praised as the top roller coaster in the world by Park World Magazine, according to the park's Web site.

The mile-long ride is one of the tallest and fastest coasters in the world. It is 20 stories high at its highest, riders reach speeds of up to 80 mph and experience 10 seconds of weightlessness, according to the Web site.

The Agawam park is owned by Oklahoma City, Okla.-based Six Flags Inc., which operates 31 parks in North America and Europe.
    Source (http://www.boston.com/dailynews/122/...off_rol:.shtml)

Crazy

ohh they were saying early this morning he jumped a fence and got hit by it or something

i remember i was on a some ride and the first lock on my ride came undone and the 2nd one was the only thing holding me in and it was one where ur feet dangle so the whole time i felt like i was gunna fall out haven't road a roller coaster since

He jumped over 2 6ft fences to retrieve his hat...

He jumped over 2 6ft fences to retrieve his hat...[/b]
    well thats wat i thought but his quote claims park says he fell off maybe they were trying to cover it up parks are known for that kinda shit

Strawberry

Its 2 different deaths... 1 was in Georgia it said and was a 17 year old kid.

wth? i read something different Oo
    on local newspaper they wrote that a teenager, 16 years old, jumped over fences to get his hat back like festo said and got hit by the rollercoaster and his head got cut Oo

and they also wrote that the name of the rollercoaster is Batman Roller Coaster

edit: for those who understand german http://www.20min.ch/tools/suchen/story/10437731

wawh

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BUgg6nciY40

decapitated by a foot...

lol assumed he was talking bout the one in the news today he probly thought the same lol