Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Do you even lift?

This is a discussion on Do you even lift? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Seriously do any of you go to gym regularly? Also can anyone suggest low fat recipes for losing fat fast? ...
Page: 1

Default Do you even lift?

Seriously do any of you go to gym regularly? Also can anyone suggest low fat recipes for losing fat fast? I need to get down to 8% in 5 months!

Theres always crack or what might be better is order those 30 day supply of meals that they advertise on TV

p.s. Dont do crack its bad for u and will prolly kill u or make u look dead anyway

Quote Originally Posted by MyMotzart View Post
    Theres always crack or what might be better is order those 30 day supply of meals that they advertise on TV

p.s. Dont do crack its bad for u and will prolly kill u or make u look dead anyway
    Yea, not going to do crack Just need to stay away from salt, sugar and beer. I like beer.

Lots and lots of cardio , and if it's not your thing should start, would be lots of help. I'm the opposite trying to bulk up more and more so i keep cardio to minimum.

The suplements wont make a miracle for you ,they might HELP you burn extra calories but the fat burns regularly.

Loosing fat

Traning (i'd recommend 1 hour cardio , then work any special area , like chest +back one day, then biceps +triceps, legz +back and so on , ask the trainer of your gym , but these are alt , focus on the 1 hour cardio).

Training + eating healthy +drink alot of water(3 L per day or even if you can) , SKIP totally any kind of fat food, or carbohidrates.(rice ,potato etc)
    Healthy food = vegetables , baked white meat (chicken , turkey , could be some cow meat but dont make it more than once a week), you can use pepper , olive's oil but not in fries , salt but use the minimium possible , same goes to sugar if you can each time that you use sugar/salt reduce it .

After this stage and following all the steps without missing a day of training(well there has to be 1 day rest on the week ), you might either , feel in love with gym and your new lifestyle OR you gave up already.

I used to weight 237.6 lbs(108 kilos) and in 8 months i've lost 61.6 lbs ( 28 kilos) , being regular to gym , now i lift just to feel good and relaxed and ofc some hardness and muscles for the summer(incoming weather in peru )

1.84 height and 176 lbs (80 kilos) , i still have to burn some more .
    Last edited by LambOfGod; 01-04-2014 at 10:30 AM.
    Tiffer and ilterates like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PendexO View Post
    Healthy food = vegetables , baked white meat (chicken , turkey , could be some cow meat but dont make it more than once a week), you can use pepper , olive's oil but not in fries , salt but use the minimium possible , same goes to sugar if you can each time that you use sugar/salt reduce it .
    one thing you forgot fish but rest sounds good

cardio is a waste of time if you ask me. the more muscle you grow the more fat your body burns to maintain the muscle, so just lift instead of cardio.
    you should calculate your required amount of callories you need a day and go like 500 callories below that by eating the your macro's in the following order: 1gram of fat per kilo bodyweight, 2 grams of proteins per kilo bodyweight and add up to the amoun tof callories with carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by beer View Post
    cardio is a waste of time if you ask me. the more muscle you grow the more fat your body burns to maintain the muscle, so just lift instead of cardio.
    you should calculate your required amount of callories you need a day and go like 500 callories below that by eating the your macro's in the following order: 1gram of fat per kilo bodyweight, 2 grams of proteins per kilo bodyweight and add up to the amoun tof callories with carbs.
    In broscience we trust. Nevermind the cardiologists!

Naw but seriously, get properly jacked without cardio and you'll lose functionality. I'd say you're talking couch-theory and aren't buff (or if you are huge, then you aren't ripped). But in terms of functionality; whether it be running, lifting more per session (and therefore getting better gains), vascularity or sexual performance - cardio should be maintained.

If you don't like running, buy a skipping rope. It's cheap, you can do it in private if you wish and you'll also acquire a cool (albeit, useless) skill / trick.
    Tiffer likes this.

Here is where I'm at. I weight 186lbs at the moment. Gaining this much weight was planned. I went from 140 to 190 in two years. Now, I have a bit excess body fat. I did not check but my guess is about 15%. I want to get down to 8% in a couple of months.
    My main problem is about food. I hate cooking and I don't know what to eat really. I work really hard at the gym whether it's lifting or cardio but I come home and I'm too lazy to cook. MEOW

well i got quite a few recipies but my main language is dutch and i kinda have a hard time translating them into english :P
    Basicly what you got to do is check the macro nutrients (fat,protien and carbs) of everything you eat. Than make a decent eating schedule containing the amount of macro's ive mentioned in my previous pos.
    a few things i eat when im cutting:
    lots of curds or soft curd cheese? (dont know the rigth name) i usually throw in 2 oranges for the taste wich will also get you on the recommended amount of vitamin C.
    Replace most carbs with healthy fats and protein, like avocado, nuts, chickin, turkey, fish or steak (just any kind of meat really besides pork)
    As said above already, drink lots of water, avoid any kinds of soda, alcohol or fruit drinks. Fruit drinks look healthy but they contain ALOT of sugar, wich are carbs.
    another good replacement for for example pasta or rice are brown beans, just mix a jar of beans up with lots of vegies and tomato's. add up some chicking and tomato's and you'll have a great meal.

few other things you should do is avoid any kind of carbs in the afternoon/night. your body deals best with carbs in the morning because of your insulin level.
    Also avoid eating anything like 2hours before you go to bed, it will improve your night rest and it gives your hormones more space to recover from your workout.

thats about it rlly

edit:

in your first post you say you want low fat recipies. dont worry about fat that much, carbs are the real evil.
    ilterates likes this.

What??? Cardio a waste every athlete/bodybuilder (im talking legit no roids) will tell you how much cardio they do and the importance of it on an overall level of health. It helps on a daily basis when your able to walk up and down stairs without shortness of breath

it sure is good fro your health, it just doesnt contribute as much in losing weight as every sais.

Well proper diet of course is a huge part don't get me wrong, but when it comes to the soul purpose of just losing weight i would have to disagree. Muscle weighs more then fat, so if your not doing cardio and just lifting you're just gaining weight.

with losing weight i ment losing fat -.- wich is the goal ilterates is trying to achieve....

Just to clear things up I have no problem with gaining weight as long as it's muscle mass. Not squishy fat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast