Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

'Earth Hour'

This is a discussion on 'Earth Hour' within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; lights out gogo! http://green.yahoo.com/news/afp/20080328/w...aearthhour.html...
Page: 1

this would save an extra 3 seconds of energy <3

The sad thing is how governments expect the population to make huge sacrifices whilst they make a mess of energy policy and allow the biggest airport in the world to open a new terminal. I personally refuse to alter my lifestyle until the people in power take the initiative and start basing our energy on nuclear power and start improving public transport.

good point.....but when is that ever going to happen?? Probably when its too late.

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

My family and I are participating at the designated time of 8p-9p tonight.

It&#39;s not about the 60 minutes of energy you save, it&#39;s about the lessons you can teach others about energy conservation and awareness.

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

My family and I are participating at the designated time of 8p-9p tonight.

It&#39;s not about the 60 minutes of energy you save, it&#39;s about the lessons you can teach others about energy conservation and awareness.[/b]
    Lies! He just said on msn he&#39;s putting everything on full blast @ the designated time I&#39;ma go flip off the breaker switch on my house for a few hours, see if my family can live w/o electricity for a while ^_^

The sad thing is how governments expect the population to make huge sacrifices whilst they make a mess of energy policy and allow the biggest airport in the world to open a new terminal. I personally refuse to alter my lifestyle until the people in power take the initiative and start basing our energy on nuclear power and start improving public transport.[/b]
    The only reason we don&#39;t have more nuclear power is because while we were building them all, there was an accident at one and the hippies went nuts and protested till we promised to stop building them. /end_of_nuke_power

TunaFishyMe

that and i dont want to live beside radioactive material

that and i dont want to live beside radioactive material[/b]
    -.- we have a place to put our radioactive waste, but too many ppl like you are too scared to use nuclear power. thats what keeps us using coal and other retarded methods. also why people hate america so much, we pollute too much, when we could be making more energy in a cleaner way.

wonder how the power companies coped with the surges i.e Im sure there wud of been a higher demand than normal for starting appliances etc

-.- we have a place to put our radioactive waste, but too many ppl like you are too scared to use nuclear power. thats what keeps us using coal and other retarded methods. also why people hate america so much, we pollute too much, when we could be making more energy in a cleaner way.[/b]
    They are actually experimenting with fission (Think its at CETA) its a cleaner way and a cherynobl wudnt happen, with fission if heaven forbid anything went wrong. From 1kg of radioactive source u can produce as much power as 100,000 tonnes of fossil fuel wud!

PaPaSmurF

They are actually experimenting with fission (Think its at CETA) its a cleaner way and a cherynobl wudnt happen, with fission if heaven forbid anything went wrong. From 1kg of radioactive source u can produce as much power as 100,000 tonnes of fossil fuel wud![/b]
    Fun fact of the day lawl. I didnt even know about this until I went to google.com lawl.
    I&#39;m not turning out my lights >>.

wonder how the power companies coped with the surges i.e Im sure there wud of been a higher demand than normal for starting appliances etc
    They are actually experimenting with fission (Think its at CETA) its a cleaner way and a cherynobl wudnt happen, with fission if heaven forbid anything went wrong. From 1kg of radioactive source u can produce as much power as 100,000 tonnes of fossil fuel wud![/b]
    Cold fission or something else? I&#39;ve only heard of one, but yeah, either one is so much more efficient! I hope it can be implemented in my lifetime xD

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

if we did that in germany, I would be that one mean asshole that has his lights on for 24hours straight on that day.

if we did that in germany, I would be that one mean asshole that has his lights on for 24hours straight on that day.[/b]
    I&#39;ve kept my lights off all day(in my room lol, and in the living room the lights are broken :lol: ), up until about an hour ago, I turned them on cuz no more sunlight

Hennessy

if one kg of that would produce 100k more energy.. why not use it.. whats keeping the world from doing it?

if one kg of that would produce 100k more energy.. why not use it.. whats keeping the world from doing it?[/b]

fucked up people..

like Australia... largest uranium export... but we use nothing for ourself.. fuck up country

fark it... turning everything on fullblast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast