Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

'Earth Hour'

This is a discussion on 'Earth Hour' within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; its 10:10 now... the switch in the toilet broke... just got it replaced... the light in the toilet was not ...
Page: 2

its 10:10 now...

the switch in the toilet broke... just got it replaced... the light in the toilet was not on for the whole hour.

happy?

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

My family and I are participating at the designated time of 8p-9p tonight.

It's not about the 60 minutes of energy you save, it's about the lessons you can teach others about energy conservation and awareness.[/b]
    i'll have every light in my house running for 60 minutes to counter that AHAHAHHAHA ME > GLOBAL WARMING BULL SHIT

-.- we have a place to put our radioactive waste, but too many ppl like you are too scared to use nuclear power.[/b]
    YES LETS SHOOT IT TO SPACE >.<

C&#39;mon lol, where do you want to stock that radioactive shit? They are even testing to put it into the oceans ... Where are we going too.

Its sad human nature gives us so much oppurtunities (sun, wind, water, ..) to get energy by another, way much cleaner way, yet the governments refuse to use those methods.

I wont say, im the cleanest guy around, but I try to look what I do. Turn off the lights when I can, recycle things, ... I find it rather sad to see narrow minded ppl like Private (If hes joking, sorry to use you), who dont give a shit about our planet. Yes its true, it wont harm us that much, but me personal, I think of the future of our kids. My thoughts changed with the birth of my sisters child, knowing she wont get the same oppurtunities as we had.

Oh well, as zero said, we people only can make a small change, its up to our governments ...

YES LETS SHOOT IT TO SPACE >.<

C&#39;mon lol, where do you want to stock that radioactive shit? They are even testing to put it into the oceans ... Where are we going too.

Its sad human nature gives us so much oppurtunities (sun, wind, water, ..) to get energy by another, way much cleaner way, yet the governments refuse to use those methods.

I wont say, im the cleanest guy around, but I try to look what I do. Turn off the lights when I can, recycle things, ... I find it rather sad to see narrow minded ppl like Private (If hes joking, sorry to use you), who dont give a shit about our planet. Yes its true, it wont harm us that much, but me personal, I think of the future of our kids. My thoughts changed with the birth of my sisters child, knowing she wont get the same oppurtunities as we had.

Oh well, as zero said, we people only can make a small change, its up to our governments ...[/b]
    Ever heard of Yucca Mountain? Only a matter of time before its approved for use as a nuclear waste facility.

i&#39;ll have every light in my house running for 60 minutes to counter that AHAHAHHAHA ME > GLOBAL WARMING BULL SHIT[/b]
    Shacks dont count as a house

Zxenke

I find it rather sad to see narrow minded ppl like Private (If hes joking, sorry to use you), who dont give a shit about our planet.[/b]
    I think that is narrow minded itself...apparently if people aren&#39;t extremists, they don&#39;t give a shit, lol.

Shacks dont count as a house[/b]
    What about shanties?

fonzy

and?... global warming ... ?

"Switching the lights off for an hour is not going to make a dent in global emissions," organiser Charles Stevens, of the environmental group WWF, told AFP

hmm whats wrong with that statement...

ohh yes, i didnt know .01% was a "dent"... mabey they screwed up on there math...

Zxenke

and?... global warming ... ?

"Switching the lights off for an hour is not going to make a dent in global emissions," organiser Charles Stevens, of the environmental group WWF, told AFP

hmm whats wrong with that statement...

ohh yes, i didnt know .01% was a "dent"... mabey they screwed up on there math...[/b]
    what? i think either the statement from that guy or your statement are wrong, cuz it doesn&#39;t make sense

seriously don&#39;t think its supposed to make a dent in global warming, only to raise awareness of the situation.

Seekor

Awareness is useless in this country we cant even get george bush kicked out of office and were going to start on global warming thats a joke.

lol good point

mammlea2

im sorry but this so called "Earth Hour" is just bullshit.

What the earth really need is Cheap, renovable, ecological energy sources

Zxenke

nuclear energy is the way to go

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast