Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

europeans

This is a discussion on europeans within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Originally Posted by 0000000 The UK has the strongest economy in europe *cough* Germany? *cough* We subsidise failed states like ...
Page: 2

Quote Originally Posted by 0000000 View Post
    The UK has the strongest economy in europe
    *cough* Germany? *cough*

We subsidise failed states like France, Spain and Greece. If it wasn't for us the pathetic euro experiment would've already failed.
    I still believe in the euro and fact is that the euro is the #1 currency world wide qua investment. If you compare it to the dollar or yen or what so ever, its stable as hell. It won't fail, more and more EU countries will join the euro and in the end the UK will as well.

And if you don't believe there are 3rd world countries in Europe, I challenge you to visit Romania and Portugal. These countries are an embarrassment.
    /agreed.

OT: If you request free water with your food, you normally should get it. You just got ripped off, happens everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by soenne View Post
    *cough* Germany? *cough*

I still believe in the euro and fact is that the euro is the #1 currency world wide qua investment. If you compare it to the dollar or yen or what so ever, its stable as hell. It won't fail, more and more EU countries will join the euro and in the end the UK will as well.
    I think that the Euro is really stable. In fact, while most (if not all) currencies decreased in value when the financial crisis happened, the Euro stayed stable, if I remember correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by soenne View Post
    *cough* Germany? *cough*
    You mean the country with high unemployment, a manufacturing sector that is getting eaten by the Chinese, and that is about to bail out the entire Greek economy? The worst is yet to come for the euro, it won't last another 5 years. You haven't even started bailing countries out seriously. After you spend countless billions on Greece, Spain will be next. Unless the UK joins the euro, you just can't afford it. I bet germans are wishing they never gave up the Mark.

I still believe in the euro and fact is that the euro is the #1 currency world wide qua investment.
    No it isn't. The dollar is.

If you compare it to the dollar or yen or what so ever, its stable as hell. It won't fail, more and more EU countries will join the euro and in the end the UK will as well.
    Actually both those currencies are more stable but that isn't the point. Most countries can devalue and adjust rates to benefit their economies, and that just isn't possible in the euro. You've got a bunch of these failed states that lied about their economic health to get in the club and there's fuck all you can do about it except throw money at them and hope it fixes itself. I can only hope that you take the EU with you when your currency collapses.

You mean the country with high unemployment, a manufacturing sector that is getting eaten by the Chinese, and that is about to bail out the entire Greek economy? The worst is yet to come for the euro, it won't last another 5 years. You haven't even started bailing countries out seriously. After you spend countless billions on Greece, Spain will be next. Unless the UK joins the euro, you just can't afford it. I bet germans are wishing they never gave up the Mark.
    Funny cuz the unemployment rate used to be higher before the crisis but germany been better through the crisis than the UK (due the fact that the german government tackled the crisis way much better than UK, lets keep in mind the huge deficit UK has, even higher than greece atm lol). Since the crisis the unemployment rate is nearly the same and this year it tends that UK's will be higher.

Anyways that's not the point. About the bailing out. What do you want to do? Let those countries fail and then what? Banks around EU (including UK banks) will loose tons of money again (due shit credits) and our governments will have to give them loans again, which will be higher than the 120billions we're investing right now. Let's not forget then that Spain, Italy, Portugal will fail then for sure, which might not happen nowadays. It's just funny to see how the UK pretends that its nothing of their business, while it actually is.

Actually both those currencies are more stable but that isn't the point. Most countries can devalue and adjust rates to benefit their economies, and that just isn't possible in the euro. You've got a bunch of these failed states that lied about their economic health to get in the club and there's fuck all you can do about it except throw money at them and hope it fixes itself. I can only hope that you take the EU with you when your currency collapses.
    That's right, but the one good thing this crisis will bring is that the economic policy will be at EU level in the near future rather than on nationalistic level. Hence why I think the euro will only come out stronger out of this.

Need moar! Senior Member iAbuseHell's Avatar

I bet germans are wishing they never gave up the Mark.
    if any country wish they never joined europe it would be the netherlands..
    we have lost way too much cash on it already (even more after banks fucked us)

but not gonna say more about it.

Swiss Franks > all.
    We have jewgold.

And I still think UK is a 3rd world country inside of Europe. Maybe you just should have joined the party of € in time.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

2 euros for a cup of water... that must be gold edition
    i'm enjoying my hometown fountains on every 500m here in serbia atm

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    2 euros for a cup of water... that must be gold edition
    i'm enjoying my hometown fountains on every 500m here in serbia atm
    2 € for a cup of water is just in the tourist areas. If you are in a non-tourist are, you don't even have to go the the fountains, you can just take some from the sink/basin at home....

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RavouS View Post
    2 € for a cup of water is just in the tourist areas. If you are in a non-tourist are, you don't even have to go the the fountains, you can just take some from the sink/basin at home....
    yeah i know that ... i was just being sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by iAbuseHell View Post
    if any country wish they never joined europe it would be the netherlands..
    we have lost way too much cash on it already (even more after banks fucked us)

but not gonna say more about it.
    Funny how people talk without knowing anything. Small countries like Belgium, Holland etc are lucky to be in the euro, it kept our economic alive. Watch what happend to other countries who didnt join the euro and see how their economy crashed.

You're just too foolish to believe anything on the news reported by people who have lack of knowledge about those things. It always frustrates me, but can't blame people for not knowing the deeper things without studying to the core of it, as I do.

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

It's illegal to charge for water in the UK, either you got ripped off or you went to some shitty 3rd world country. Oh and sparkling water is great with a hint of lemon, it probably takes time for your taste buds to adjust to drinking something not poisoned with sugar.
    heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy not coooool. i drink still water daily and drink sugary drinks like once a year during christmas parties because thats usually all they have. im not a fucking fat american

Quote Originally Posted by aligator View Post
    Swiss Franks > all.
    We have jewgold.

And I still think UK is a 3rd world country inside of Europe. Maybe you just should have joined the party of € in time.
    Somethings seriously wrong with switzerland tho

cops stole my gps when I was on holiday :/ cause it's illegal there? I mean wtf?
    Last edited by simontjeuh; 08-20-2010 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by simontjeuh View Post
    Somethings seriously wrong with switzerland tho

cops stole my gps when I was on holiday :/ cause it's illegal there? I mean wtf?
    No shit? XD lol That's new to me.

No it isn't. The dollar is.
    My point that the euro becomes more interesting on financial markets

China Favors Euro Over Dollar as Bernanke Alters Path

Could post more interesting articles about it, but this one comes straight to the point.

lol about 3rd world part, agreed with the € part. Brits are always a lil behind everything. They still think they a big important country on worldscale, too bad its not true

Also sorry for hi-jacking this thread, but I wanna post 2 articles about the US. Worth reading imo

So long, middle class - NYPOST.com
    On the Way Down: The Erosion of America's Middle Class - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

Facts are facts, we have our own currency, you don't. We can change our rates to suit us, you can't. Your only option if things go bad is to bail out nations, and you had better hope that Spain doesn't do a greece otherwise the party's over.

Our economy isn't based on subsidised farming or subsidised manufacturing, but rather competitive tertiary industries. If anyone is stuck in the past it is the rest of Europe. If you got rid of the CAP (which is largely responsible for African poverty) mainland Europe would collapse.

Anyone with a basic understanding of economics will know that you cannot have a single currency across a region with as large an economic divide as Europe unless you enforce entry rules. Unfortunately for the German taxpayers, nearly every eurozone country broke those rules and some like Greece were never anywhere near making them. Your currency is built on a sham and the only reason anyone would bother picking up euros instead of dollars is because Europe is desperate to sell to China at any cost, rather than the euro being inherently attractive.

Don't know why I post here actually, most of you can't be older than 16.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast