Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Happy Ramadan

This is a discussion on Happy Ramadan within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; you don't know what is Ramadan Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic lunar calendar. Every day during this ...
Page: 1

Banned

Default Happy Ramadan

you don't know what is Ramadan

Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic lunar calendar. Every day during this month, Muslims around the world spend the daylight hours in a complete fast.

During the blessed month of Ramadan, Muslims all over the world abstain from food, drink, and other physical needs during the daylight hours. As a time to purify the soul, refocus attention on God, and practice self-sacrifice, Ramadan is much more than just not eating and drinking

Muslims are called upon to use this month to re-evaluate their lives in light of Islamic guidance. We are to make peace with those who have wronged us, strengthen ties with family and friends, do away with bad habits -- essentially to clean up our lives, our thoughts, and our feelings. The Arabic word for "fasting" (sawm) literally means "to refrain" - and it means not only refraining from food and drink, but from evil actions, thoughts, and words.

During Ramadan, every part of the body must be restrained. The tongue must be restrained from backbiting and gossip. The eyes must restrain themselves from looking at unlawful things. The hand must not touch or take anything that does not belong to it. The ears must refrain from listening to idle talk or obscene words. The feet must refrain from going to sinful places. In such a way, every part of the body observes the fast.

Therefore, fasting is not merely physical, but is rather the total commitment of the person's body and soul to the spirit of the fast. Ramadan is a time to practice self-restraint; a time to cleanse the body and soul from impurities and re-focus one's self on the worship of God

i decided to tell all ppl her about Ramadan to let them know more about Muslims habits....
    imagine that from 3.5 Am to 7.00 Pm without eating or drinking but with adding more work harder than the ordinary days

something strange you could feel when you are in any Islamic country when Ramadan come

you can notice that street are so happy the air in that month are so different
    the child make something different in that month they Decorated the street with so Wonderful things like that

happy ramadan, make sure u enjoy it !
    wrong section tho :P

Happy Ramazan ^^

I get the distinct impression that Muslims are about as good at being "good" Muslims as most Christians are at being "good" Christians. Both fail pretty bad at it imo.

Happy Ramadan to you guys anyway ^^

Android Man Senior Member E Mon's Avatar

Happy ramadan everybody

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante7 View Post
    I get the distinct impression that Muslims are about as good at being "good" Muslims as most Christians are at being "good" Christians. Both fail pretty bad at it imo.

Happy Ramadan to you guys anyway ^^
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAvDtPz33w0]‪Bill Maher nails it!‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

haters gonna hate

Happpy ramadan to all my Muslim brothers!

4 down, 27 days to go!!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AlexDeSouza View Post
    Happpy ramadan to all my Muslim brothers!

4 down, 27 days to go!!!!
    don't miss the last 10 days pray more kol sana w enta tayeb

Scrabblez

Wow already?!?!?!

rearly good way to understand the hungry and poor ppl.

happy ramadan!

Oldschool wanabe Senior Member gramps's Avatar

Happy Ramadan but were I live we have to fast till 8pm

Quote Originally Posted by gramps View Post
    Happy Ramadan but were I live we have to fast till 8pm
    same here my friend same here, tho at the end it all worth it the joy of being able to eat at the end of ramadan is priceless

Validating

I have to take a gigantic crap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast