Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

75 73.53%
  • no

27 26.47%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Global warming true - false vote!

This is a discussion on Global warming true - false vote! within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; I am making this post in accordance to something posted in here by private and something posted by somebody else ...
Page: 1

Thumbs down

I am making this post in accordance to something posted in here by private and something posted by somebody else in media section.

I myself seem to be a believer of the global warming "theory"
    Private seems to be a non-believer of it ( and calls me liberal - im not even from america -.- )

what i would like to point out is: Would it be wrong if we invested in living cleaner and enviromentally friendlier ( e.g : changing polluting energieplants with for example windmills, use biological fuels instead of oil? I mean what harm does that do? )

I dont think anybody will say that if you burn charcoal to make water boil to make turbines spin to make electricity, that that isn't polluting. Im also pretty sure you all know that the gas that leaves your car does not have a positive effect on nature ( well actually it does since plants breath in co2, but since we are cutting so many trees in brazil and africa, we are pretty much cutting in the earths longs and making it decrease its ability to inhale all the co2 and make o2 out of it ( like destroying all those little bubbles in your own lungs by smoking )
    All of these are facts and you damn well know it, if you say its wrong well, sir, 'mam, u need to think about going back to college

Forum mods and everything included, vote now!

it is true. whoever doesnt think it is needs to go back to school :unsure:

ty for your no - vote private

Errmmm, the debate is not about if we experience global warming or not, but whether humanity or nature itself lies behind.

That 4 people voted against shows where the educational level is.

UsedFromDiez

eh it will come soon but not in the next 20-40years...People thought the same in 1970 thats why the smoked pot and shit "We are all gonna die soon man!THERE IS GONNA BE ANOTHER ICE AGE MANN!!!"
    p.s I am not believing any shit that comes from Al gore he is a little fag...and michael moore is a fucking fat peice of shit with no life and sucks at making fucking movies. Bush is a sick-o yeah,michael moore shouldnt be talking, the fat fuck should go fucking jog...

eh it will come soon but not in the next 20-40years...People thought the same in 1970 thats why the smoked pot and shit "We are all gonna die soon man!THERE IS GONNA BE ANOTHER ICE AGE MANN!!!"
    p.s I am not believing any shit that comes from Al gore he is a little fag...and michael moore is a fucking fat peice of shit with no life and sucks at making fucking movies. Bush is a sick-o yeah,michael moore shouldnt be talking, the fat fuck should go fucking jog...[/b]
    as far as my knowledge of michael moore goes, he smuggled his last documentary out of the us because he was not allowed to show it at cannes. If im not wrong it was about the social security and stuff in the US.

Psy

You can't ask "Do you believe in Global Warming?" much more than you can ask "Do you believe in electricity?", it's the same type of question. Some people don't believe in electricity and curse it, some people embrace and cherish it. The Earth gets warm, the Earth gets cold. It's a part of the Earth's cycle, there's global warming and there's global cooling. More recently, I believe that the atmosphere is getting thinner and thinner. Much like how a biosphere's glass shatters, as will the earth's atmosphere. The earth's atmosphere will fail to keep it's temperature in check and our climate will depend on solar contact. Air won't leave our atmosphere (thanks to gravity), but heat will. And as heat leaves when there is no solar energy hitting it, and it will be cold as winter daily. And where the sun's rays are hitting the Earth, the temperatures will be blistering hot. That's my take, anyways.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

learn how to do a poll...i voted for both just cuz ur an idiot and left the option to vote for both

TunaFishyMe

that moore guy is an idiot. He always takes these little things and tries to make some sort of conspiricy theory.
    I believe global warming because well, yes the earth is getting hotter and hotter. There are more floods. But if you just say its the earth getting hotter, then explain how you can get a sunburn in like 10 mins now while i remember 10 years ago, it wasnt as easy.

I live in Canada. This year we didnt get snow till like February? I remember in 1999 we had snow in november. Clearly the weather is getting fucked up.

UV light started to get worse when CFCs Abestoes and all that other crap was used. It was a change you can actually see with your eyes. Stop listening to this dumbass moore guy who tries to find a conspircy in everything.

You can go to a buffet and eat from the sushi bar and say the entire buffet was sushi.

that moore guy is an idiot. He always takes these little things and tries to make some sort of conspiricy theory.[/b]
    agreed, moore is a fat fucking idiot, wish he would just do us a favor and leave the US... funny how he hates this country so much yet he still stays here.

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

I dont think anybody will say that if you burn charcoal to make water boil to make turbines spin to make electricity, that that isn't polluting. Im also pretty sure you all know that the gas that leaves your car does not have a positive effect on nature ( well actually it does since plants breath in co2, but since we are cutting so many trees in brazil and africa, we are pretty much cutting in the earths longs and making it decrease its ability to inhale all the co2 and make o2 out of it ( like destroying all those little bubbles in your own lungs by smoking )
    All of these are facts and you damn well know it, if you say its wrong well, sir, 'mam, u need to think about going back to college[/b]
    Gotta admit that stoping the over use of Fuels such as petroleum, oils, and what not, would be definetly good since they are not an iliminated source of energy, but those windmills you mentioned, asswell as hydroelectric power, are not enough to keep satisfied the world's demand of energy. Those may cover the electricity in homes and companies, but remember that not even 70% of the world has electricity at home. I read somewhere that Texas is full of windmills, yet you still see houses with electrogen systems on them and cars runing mainly on gas. Wind and Water may be cheap and good sources of energy, but are not constant nor as reliable as gas, oil, pretroleum, etc.

As far as I know, Trees don't breath the smog that cars make. And that isn't Co2 itself, Co2 is what breath out, and that's what trees absorb, converting it to oxygen. But I could be wrong, can't remember biology and chemistry good enough right now.

But yes, Global Warming does happens like many before me just explained, and it's a cycle. I read not too long ago that the ozone cape is recovering and patching the holes on it's own, but who knows, I still get sunburns a lot faster than 10 years ago.

TunaFishyMe

Keep in mind that these videos are skewed to obviously show their point. They pull out these scientist who no one has ever heard of to makes these claims. Have any of you seen those MLM companies marketing their product? They say that its doctor recommended! when they have some broke ass doctor who is probably about to lose his license to advertise their product. They say these diet drugs are FDA approved!! Even though FDA just let diet products go on market without testing them much and FDA dont even do the testing themselves.

Its all skewed to make themselves look right. Michael Moore is no different. I do admit he makes intriguing films but who isnt interested in conspiracy theories. But 90% of the stuff he makes up are just his imagination and he wants to make money but "showing people the truth."

Gotta admit that stoping the over use of Fuels such as petroleum, oils, and what not, would be definetly good since they are not an iliminated source of energy, but those windmills you mentioned, asswell as hydroelectric power, are not enough to keep satisfied the world's demand of energy. Those may cover the electricity in homes and companies, but remember that not even 70% of the world has electricity at home. I read somewhere that Texas is full of windmills, yet you still see houses with electrogen systems on them and cars runing mainly on gas. Wind and Water may be cheap and good sources of energy, but are not constant nor as reliable as gas, oil, pretroleum, etc.

As far as I know, Trees don't breath the smog that cars make. And that isn't Co2 itself, Co2 is what breath out, and that's what trees absorb, converting it to oxygen. But I could be wrong, can't remember biology and chemistry good enough right now.

But yes, Global Warming does happens like many before me just explained, and it's a cycle. I read not too long ago that the ozone cape is recovering and patching the holes on it's own, but who knows, I still get sunburns a lot faster than 10 years ago.[/b]

The ozon layer is something we fucked up in the past by using CFK's ( this is the term in my language dunno in english xD ) That was the gas we used in refrigirators, the gas to put pressure on such spraycans like graffity, those hairglue things that woman use and what not more. That caused more of the o3 to go back to o2 than o2 going into o3 which in matters of years affected the ozon layer so much that there became a huge hole in it above the south or north pole ( not sure which one ) But then we acted WORLDWIDE and stopped using those CFK's and invented something else to replace it and found a way to destroy the remaining CFK gas into something not harmfull. And now indeed the ozon layer is rapidly recovering from it. Because we acted GLOBAL!

True windpower is not the most obvious choice for countries like america that are so huge. But take a look at denmark, statistics i last read in my newspaper said they had 80% of their electricity beeing produced by windmills ( and if you go to denmark you see windmills everywhere ) So for smaller countries windmill energy is certainly possible. For countries like the us, australia, russia, china, india, i cant think of a other way than nuclear power to produce electricity. Nuclear power itself is not harmfull to the enviroment, just the waste products are. But there have been advances made in this section, like newer plants that use the "uranium???" not sure if it was this, to the fullest. Contemperary power plants use around 2-3% of its potential, these newer plants can use over 80% of it, And are also big producers of hydrogen, which then in time could be used to propel cars.

Psy

The ozon layer is something we fucked up in the past by using CFK's ( this is the term in my language dunno in english xD ) That was the gas we used in refrigirators, the gas to put pressure on such spraycans like graffity, those hairglue things that woman use and what not more. That caused more of the o3 to go back to o2 than o2 going into o3 which in matters of years affected the ozon layer so much that there became a huge hole in it above the south or north pole ( not sure which one ) But then we acted WORLDWIDE and stopped using those CFK's and invented something else to replace it and found a way to destroy the remaining CFK gas into something not harmfull. And now indeed the ozon layer is rapidly recovering from it. Because we acted GLOBAL!
    True windpower is not the most obvious choice for countries like america that are so huge. But take a look at denmark, statistics i last read in my newspaper said they had 80% of their electricity beeing produced by windmills ( and if you go to denmark you see windmills everywhere ) So for smaller countries windmill energy is certainly possible. For countries like the us, australia, russia, china, india, i cant think of a other way than nuclear power to produce electricity. Nuclear power itself is not harmfull to the enviroment, just the waste products are. But there have been advances made in this section, like newer plants that use the "uranium???" not sure if it was this, to the fullest. Contemperary power plants use around 2-3% of its potential, these newer plants can use over 80% of it, And are also big producers of hydrogen, which then in time could be used to propel cars.[/b]
    Mini Hindemburgs. Great. I'm suprised that no one has mentioned the air car capability.

Mini Hindemburgs. Great. I'm suprised that no one has mentioned the air car capability.[/b]

True about the boem risk with hydrogen cars >.<
    I liked the air car thingie, very interesting indeed

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast