Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

God

This is a discussion on God within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Read my posts more carefully before you ridicule yourselves, I dont have a problem with people practicing their religion, I ...
Page: 5

Read my posts more carefully before you ridicule yourselves, I dont have a problem with people practicing their religion, I have a big fucking problem with people pushing their beliefs onto other people in any way shape or form.

Now if that means trying to stop the best prevention for AIDs, trying to put creationism in schools, banning gay marriage, treating women as inferiors, honour killings, fighting in Jerusalem, all things which are a direct result of the teachings of particular religions, then yes I want it to stop. These are not just interpretations of religion.

About the 10 commandments, heres an interesting thing you have shown about yourself. Why on earth do we need a list of commandments from a random book to live a virtuous life? Are you devoid of any internal moral code? Without the bible would you be going around killing and raping? Is this the reason why rape is far higher in strict muslim countries than in liberal western ones? Why are a higher proportion of prison inmates religious compared to the general population? Why are 90% of Royal Academy members atheists? Atheists do not need a holy text for moral guidance, because they tend to have a strong internal moral code. But don't let facts get in the way of your paper thin argument that the bible has any sort of moral relevence.

Anyone stupid enough that has to be told not to kill, steal and rape is obviously stupid enough to believe anything else they are told. This is the part of the religious personality which is dangerous. When a priest speaks of his flock, he means it in a more literal way than most think.

I think thats 5 times now that I have dismantled your arguments. And lol @ "no one knows how the planets formed". Read a fucking preschool textbook and you might learn something.

I think thats 5 times now that I have dismantled your arguments. And lol @ "no one knows how the planets formed". Read a fucking preschool textbook and you might learn something. [/b]
    Read my posts more carefully before you ridicule yourselves[/b]
    Anyone stupid enough that has to be told not to kill, steal and rape is obviously stupid enough to believe anything else they are told.[/b]
    Comments like this are the reason I dont even bother with you. Is there any debate that you haven't insulted the other side? If so I have not seen it. This is the exact reason things like this go no where.

Your acting pretty pathetic bro, I hope things change down the road for you its obvious you have some issues in real life but you shoulden't bring them here. As I always tell others I dont even bother arguing with closed minded people because it only wastes my time. When you start showing more respect torwards people I will dicuss it then.

Nietzsche sheds a lot of light on this particular topic in terms of morality, ethics and their origins in The Genealogy of Morals. He has a lot of arguments against Christianity and religion that actually make a lot of sense on a logical, practical and human level. Should check it out simply because literature never harmed anyone--only stimulated thought and progress, that is of course, unless you are afraid of a little criticism.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

i am god....i dont care about any of u, i think ur all by far the worse creations i made(penguins being the best of course)...

thank you,

god aka camaz0tz

DragonFire

*bows down*

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

I prefer the Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy's theory. Makes much more sense and is more plauseible.

MoneyOrLove

I prefer the Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy's theory. Makes much more sense and is more plauseible.[/b]
    haha yeh

what is the meaning of life ? [/b]
    ... 32 ...[/b]

haha yeh

[/b]

lies! its 42!

Banned

cama(god) i love penguins, thank you for creating them. :wub:

Sweet

Quoted from an argument by William Curtis Szabo III:

"Please allow me to explain my position: When an individual makes an absolute claim such as “God doesn’t exist,” an assumption is made. That assumption being, that in all the information that exists in the universe God’s existence is not included within said information. I hope we can all agree that humans do not know everything there is to know (new information is created and discovered everyday; if you do not except this, do not waste any more of your time reading this, for this is the basis of my argument), let alone not one human being knows all there is to know. So then, let us suppose that all the information humans know is only 1% of the information in the universe. Of that 1% there is very little evidence that would support God’s existence. Also, there is an overwhelming amount of evidence that supports the claim ‘God doesn’t exist.’

From what we know it would seem God doesn’t exist, but there still remains 99% of information unaccounted for and not considered in the final and ultimate analysis of the claim ‘God doesn’t exist.’ In the 99% of information not considered, there could be an overwhelming amount evidence to say that ‘God does exist.’ Thus, when someone states the absolute claim ‘God doesn’t exist,’ in order for them to know for certain, they would need to know 100% (making them omniscient) of the information contained within. Hence, if someone does make said claim and they know for certain that God doesn’t exist they must be God themselves, because God is omniscient, and the only being to have such an attribute. Therefore, it would seem, God does exit.

Furthermore, it is not necessary for me to know 100% of the information in the universe to make an absolute statement such as ‘God exists’ because of the .00001 % (probably less) of the information I know in the universe, the knowledge of God’s existence is included within that information. There is no need for me to examine the remaining information in the universe to make a positive absolute claim. However, it is necessary when making a negative absolute claim.

In addition, not to be disrespectful or anything, but if you don’t believe God exists, you better be sure. Too much is at stake not to be certain about the latter belief."

I thought it was interesting.

Red

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("camaz0tz")</div>
    why are u so stupid? ok if science doesnt find an answer then religion does, since ur not ok with the religious answer then yes, science needs to find the answer
    god created it to create it, a reason isnt needed...why does god have to do something about the pain and suffering? 90% of the pain and suffering is caused by fellow people the other 10% would be natural things such as storms droughts(sp?) etc...none of which he has to help about considering the natural deaths by nature are supposed to happen and the deaths by other people hes not responsible for, free will and all that junk[/b]
    i stopped reading when i saw this. The hypocricy in this statement made me giggle. You act as if science needs a reason for creating the earth and doesn&#39;t have the "why?" answer but God created it to create it? Why did he create it? If sceince needs an answer to "why?" the earth happened i think "God" should have an answer as well.

i stopped reading when i saw this. The hypocricy in this statement made me giggle. You act as if science needs a reason for creating the earth and doesn&#39;t have the "why?" answer but God created it to create it? Why did he create it? If sceince needs an answer to "why?" the earth happened i think "God" should have an answer as well.[/b]
    Why woulden&#39;t he? I&#39;d be bored by myself, hell if I was allmighty I would want to create little servants myself. :lol:

Point is we can&#39;t explain everything, just because we don&#39;t know the answer doesen&#39;t mean God doesen&#39;t.

Red

Why woulden&#39;t he? I&#39;d be bored by myself, hell if I was allmighty I would want to create little servants myself. :lol:[/b]
    As tempting as they might be to believe, I&#39;ll stay with science on this one, atleast having some proof as to how the earth started.

DisillusionedIdealogue

Read my posts more carefully before you ridicule yourselves, I dont have a problem with people practicing their religion, I have a big fucking problem with people pushing their beliefs onto other people in any way shape or form.

Now if that means trying to stop the best prevention for AIDs, trying to put creationism in schools, banning gay marriage, treating women as inferiors, honour killings, fighting in Jerusalem, all things which are a direct result of the teachings of particular religions, then yes I want it to stop. These are not just interpretations of religion.

About the 10 commandments, heres an interesting thing you have shown about yourself. Why on earth do we need a list of commandments from a random book to live a virtuous life? Are you devoid of any internal moral code? Without the bible would you be going around killing and raping? Is this the reason why rape is far higher in strict muslim countries than in liberal western ones? Why are a higher proportion of prison inmates religious compared to the general population? Why are 90% of Royal Academy members atheists? Atheists do not need a holy text for moral guidance, because they tend to have a strong internal moral code. But don&#39;t let facts get in the way of your paper thin argument that the bible has any sort of moral relevence.

Anyone stupid enough that has to be told not to kill, steal and rape is obviously stupid enough to believe anything else they are told. This is the part of the religious personality which is dangerous. When a priest speaks of his flock, he means it in a more literal way than most think.

I think thats 5 times now that I have dismantled your arguments. And lol @ "no one knows how the planets formed". Read a fucking preschool textbook and you might learn something.[/b]

lol, apparently since i&#39;ve realized that you are a total idiot and your "arguments" are not worth trying to analyze, i can actually have a laugh at reading what you say :lol: . (and of course an argument in your case carries the connotation of the word of hot-headed morons raising their voice and judging the winner by measuring decibels )

no buddy, you&#39;re still wrong, please quote and cite where you see in some religious text that it is encouraged to slaughter people in the name of god... (erm.. main texts, since some weirdos have written some interesting stuff :unsure: ) somehow i dont think it goes "thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not kill, thou shall commit genocide in my name"... and even if you find some odd line that may be interpreted (probably out of context, if it exists), it still means nothing, because religion is not limited to any one text, nor is it limited to text.

and i love it that you are claiming that it bothers you when people try to force their beliefs onto others, then in the same breath go on to say that being religious is being stupid and it means you&#39;re being manipulated, but if you&#39;re an atheist you&#39;re great and logical and cool and awesome. it makes me crack up when someone things their so superior and intelligent and yet they are incredibly dull-witted and hypocritical, keep at it, mate .

and no, i dont think i would go on a murdering spree without the bible, considering i didnt really pay much attention to it till recently, and still consider it only an entertaining book and (sometimes) provides a good set of morals.

and no, i disagree that to read something, think its a good idea, and try to live up to it is at all anything to be ashamed of, nor is it being brainwashed or any crap like that, its having an open mind and a willingness to improve yourself :unsure: .

and zomfg 90% of the royal academy is atheist? i gotta drop my beliefs and follow the crowd because im a brainless prick, please excuse me while i go degrade and insult the human species by not having any true sort of beliefs of my own.

oh noes, you&#39;ve dismantled my arguments five times now, poor me what shall i ever do? oh right, its all in your head, nevermind :unsure: (its funny that you think a debate consists of a bunch of retards launching insults and saying how superior their beliefs are) (and yes, i got tired of actually trying to have a civilized debate so i&#39;ve sunk to your level, although i think i&#39;m done with it, it smells weird down here :unsure: )

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345