Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

**Goodbye Guys

This is a discussion on **Goodbye Guys within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; i have 5 days left.. till i leave for the marines... goodbye everyone.. i havent been on in a while ...
Page: 1

killer2675

i have 5 days left.. till i leave for the marines...
    goodbye everyone.. i havent been on in a while but i thought
    i would stop by and say goodbye..

goodbye.

Ryan-
    Silent-
    Killer-

bb

GL in the marines man

GL and thx for defending our country.

gl!!! hope u have an awesome experience and time at the marines

AphRaeL

bb, gl, hf

HOMO danny leaves me now you

Banned

ok, if you are leaving for marines corps basic training, that shit isnt compared to what you will get treated like once you hit the fleet, if you are an infantryman. sorry to say, if you arent infantry, dont worry about what im talking about, just read below, but if you are, stand the fuck by for hazing and getting treated like shit for the next 2 years of your life.

k, this will be a long article, but it will be very informative for you.

once you get to marine corps parris island, your going to arrive either late at night, or very early in the morning, and you are going to be very tired. well, sorry, but suck it up cause you didnt do anything physical so you shouldnt be tired.

once you arrive, the drill instructor faggot will most likely start yelling at you to hurry up and all that bullshit trying to act hard. dont let the drill instructors intimidate you, they might look big, they might look tough, believe me, they arent. some of them were probably supply or some admin job that isnt shit. so, you get there, you start getting issued all of your shit. then you get assigned to your company, then you get assigned in your barracks, and after about a week of the FORMING drill instructors, you finally meet your real ones. these guys are the ones that you will be getting fucked up by. for the first 2 weeks, you will be asking yourself what the fuck did you get yourself into. dont tell me you wont, because you will. this is the first time you are exposed to being treated like this. after a while, you go through all of the bullshit marine corps stuff and start doing drill and shit. drill is absolutely fucking retarted, no point in it, no point for anything really. its just shit that they make recruits do so the drill instructors look good in front of the higher ups, its only a bragging competition.

over time you get into the knick of things, and you eventually pass boot camp. dont touch your face, cause of nasty motherfuckers there. you will meet alot of people from different parts of the country and your gonna want to fucking kill them cause they piss you off 90% of the time. there will be someone in your platoon that keeps fucking up, DONT BE THAT GUY!!!! LISTEN TO SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS or you will most likely get extra hours of firewatch. dont be a bitch either, when you have freetime at night, dont just fucking sit down writing letters the whole time, work on your uniform, or work on your PT, the last thing that pisses me off is seeing a fucking puny ass marine that thinks he is the shit. study knowledge, or something. you can write letters home on sundays, you got 4 hours of freetime.

but overall, you will get motivated as hell once you graduate bootcamp, thinking you are on top of the world. when you go back home, everyone will be like OMG LOOK AT HIM. but in my eyes, ive been in for 2 years, and everytime i see someone that just graduated boot camp and gets all this glory for just graduating, it kind of pisses me off. dont go back home trying to act like you did something difficult, because you didnt. every marine graduates bootcamp, recruit training is the easiest thing you will do in the marines. yeah, awesome job well done. now, when you go back home for your 10 days leave, WORK ON YOUR PT!!!!! dont just sit down and do nothing. put out on PT when you are there, try to run a 300 pft and you will do good. dont suck the drill instructors dicks or try to get a squad leader or guide position, cause thats all they do is just suck dick the whole time.

after you graduate, you will report to MCT for more training, learning about the SAW and more rifle qual's and shit. its more like a 4th phase boot camp, but MCT aint shit to what the SOI class goes through. In MCT you do 2 humps, not hard at all. very easy actually, if you fall out, your a bitch. you throw hand grenades and learn about fire and movement, and fire and maneuver. MCT is 3 weeks long. its not hard at all, its fucking piece of cake.

once you report to your first duty station, depending on your MOS, you will be considered a boot. the lowest of the low. if your some POG ass job, like admin or something, you probably wont get treated badly. but if your infantry, like i said, stand the fuck by for you to hate your life for the next year and a half. i made the mistake of going 03, i get treated worse here than i ever did in recruit training 24/7. if you arent infantry, you have an easy road ahead of you. all i can say is, listen to what your told, dont be a smartass, follow simple instructions, be good at PT, and dont suck dick. plain and simple. you will be fine.

ZumieZ

good story bro

undefined are you from the US?

killer2675

yeah man i feel ya, first thing i was told. in bootcamp dont offer to do anything. but after offer to do anything

Banned

yeah man i feel ya, first thing i was told. in bootcamp dont offer to do anything. but after offer to do anything[/b]
    what MOS are you going for? dont volunteer for shit in boot camp, unless you are told to do it by higher, then thats different. after you get to the fleet, who gives a fuck, if you want to volunteer, do it, if not, fuck it. dont do what other people tell you to.

by the way, you will be getting told to move fast alot and shit like that. they count you down from like, 40 seconds just to get fully dressed. dont be the one to be slow, i was rather slow in boot camp cause i just didnt give a fuck and got quarterdecked alot. now i can probably fuck up my drill instructors in PT but thats a whole nother story.

again, WHAT IS YOUR MOS!?

and yes giga, I am from the US, marine infantry.

Banned

ok, well, i dont really have much of anything else to do, so here is a long ass story. one last thing, i forgot to mention, if you are having second thoughts on the whole marine corps thing, JUST DONT FUCKING SHOW UP AND TELL THEM TO FUCK OFF. they cant do shit, your still a civilian, they will try to say some bullshit about the UCMJ or some gayshit like that when they cant even charge you. the worst thing that will happen to you if you dont show up is your recruiter calling you asking to talk to you why you didnt show up. just tell him you arent interested anymore, and they cant do shit. woop de-do you raised your right dick skinner in the air to say you will defend our country and whatever. who cares, that doesnt mean shit, your still a civilian, you DO NOT BELONG TO THE MILITARY DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYONE THAT TELLS YOU OTHERWISE, TAKE THIS FROM ME, THEY CANT DO SHIT TO YOUUUU!!!!!!!!

i was 17 when i decided i wanted to become a marine, and i didnt know anything about the marine corps. so, i talked to the army first but the guy i talked to didnt really seem informative enough about it so i went to the marines. my family disapproved of me joining cause they were all worried and shit about it cause of the stuff going on in the world and stuff like that i mean, whose parents wouldnt be like that? but who cares, its a fucking job. i left for bootcamp on october 16th, 2007. right before i left i had never seen my father cry in his life, but he did. i had a couple of buddies that i met through the DEP program that were going the same time as me. we all went to MEPS to get processed to go to bootcamp. we got to the airport very late at night, to meet a couple of marines that werent drill instructors. i thought that they were cool as hell, but that was because they were supply. I got to parris island on the bus, and i was asleep pretty much the whole time. the MP came on the bus and he was a PFC just assigned to parris island trying to act all hard screaming in a loud voice making us call him sir and stuff. man, if only i could go back in time, i would fuck most of these guys up with all of the bullshit they try pulling in parris island. anyways, we got there and got to stand on the position of attention footprints and basically got yelled at for the most retarted shit. we went to the supply office to start getting issued all of our gear. cammies, and all that sort of shit. be sure when you tell them your size, not to lie, cause you will be wearing those cammies for a WHILE!!!! if you think you will be getting bigger, than get a size bigger, they wont bitch at you for it believe me. same thing with boot size, make sure you KNOW your boot size, or you will be hurting when you do humps, you will get shin splints cause your feet slide forward to much. BE SURE YOU TELL THEM YOUR RIGHT SIZEZ FOR EVERYTHING!

anyways, back to the story. bootcamp was over before i knew it. it seems like it goes by slow, but it flies by.
    so then i went home for my 10 days leave and my family was all like OMG UR A MARINE WOW OMG!!!! i was like yeah, im a fucking tan belt in the marine corps, look at all of these badass moves i know. MCMAP is retarted, anyone in their right mind that would really know martial arts would kick someone's ass who used MCMAP. my family was impressed with these moves i could of taught my 3 year old cousin.

We flew home, and i got a bunch of parties and shit, and the one thing that i neglected was that in boot camp, you dont get to smoke,dip,chew or get any soda, no soft drinks, no candy, nothing. you get water, and powerade to drink, thats all. you cant make telephone calls, except when you first get there. you can write letters. thats it. dont feel so butt-hurt about not talking to your family for a while, its only 3 months, i have gone almost 6 months without talking to mine, you can get over it, and they will understand.

i did my 10 and didnt PT at all, which was the worst part, cause when i got to school of infantry, i was almost out of shape as hell, i only did about 8 pullups, which to infantry standards, is absolutely horrendous. i ran a 25:12 3 mile, and did 100 crunches, of course. it was during the winter when I got to SOI so it was fucking cold as hell whenever we PT'd. the first night we were there we were already getting fucked up by the combat instructors, the guys that have been in fallujah and phantom-fury and afghanistan. dont ever disrespect those marines, the ones that have, well, this is publicly viewed so lets just say good things didnt happen. after we got fucked up till about 12 at night, we got to sleep for about 4 hours before we had to get up for PT. they ran our dicks into the DIRT for pt. i had never ran faster/harder in my life than some of these guys can run.

we went through the training, and more bullshit, more hazing, more fuck-fuck games and shit like that. eventually you get immune to it and you just go through the motions. but once we did our first hump, i will never forget it. in bootcamp, you hump without a flak-jacket on, and without a day-pack attached to your ILBE pack. so thats about a good 40-50 pounds that isnt there.
    they just strapped this shit to us, without ever telling us what SOI was gonna be like. i was completely caught off guard and basically pushed myself over the limit. the heaviest pack i had ever had too. it was around 100-120 lbs plus the 25 lb flak jacket.

then we got to select our MOS, basic rifleman, machine-gunner, mortarman, assaultmen. i chose basic rifleman.

i got dropped for training in SOI because the humps that they did were extremely to hard for my body at the time. and my boots were to big for my feet, cause i lied to them cause they were really tight on my feet, but that doenst mean shit, dont lie to them, if its uncomfortable, its better to be uncomfortable than to be in severe pain.

i got stress-fractures in my legs, and every step i took was in extreme pain. as i fell back in the hump, they were pushing me forward, and punching me in the side of the face to keep moving, then they told me to drop my pack, and i did, but it was still to much pain, so they started to kick me in the back to try one last effort, then eventually they had to load me into the safety truck cause of it. then the next couple of days i was getting dropped for medical reasons.

i picked back up with another infantry company later to continue training, but the funny thing, is that i still, neglected my PT, and was now even out of shape more than i was before. i was now doing 4 pullups, and only running a 24:12 3 mile. with 100 crunches still.

long story short, i got fucked up pretty good in the new company i was in, because they were changing the SOI training schedule, and we were the first company to try it out. the shit fucking broke me the hell off. we marched over 40 km one day, and at the the end, had to do the obstacle course. i had never been more tired in my life.

anyways, at least i graduated. got to the fleet, and got fucked up by my senior marines that have already been to iraq. even to this day, they are cool with us now, but you still cant cross that line. i get back in september, and im gonna fuck my new guys up good. just like how your senior guys will fuck you up. so, all in all, i enjoy PTing on my own now, hell, even today, i went to the pool to excercise, and go to the gym frequently. my name was brought up to go to a scout sniper platoon. dont be a smartass, but dont be a bitch either, be a fucking man. dont cry if you get yelled at. the marine corps is about thick skin, you will toughen up, really, you will. you wont feel invincible, but you feel damn close, for a while, until you hit the fleet.

if i can run range 400 in the marine corps with a 50lb flak jacket on, and a 25 pound radio + my rounds + my LT's round cause hes a faggot ass officer with only about 3 hours of sleep, in 110 degree weather, without much water, then im pretty sure you can pass recruit training, and do anything else.

-"welcome to the family" (im pretty sure you will here that alot, because eventually right before you think you like the marine corps, you will learn you hate it even more.)

killer2675

my mos is cm- Combat Engineer

Banned

my mos is cm- Combat Engineer[/b]
    well, guess what, you most likely will run range 400 with the grunts before you deploy, believe me, it fucking sucks. you will get broke off. your job is to make obstacles for bases, tear shit down, and blow shit up. im not sure if you will get fucked with as an engineer cause your MOS is highly demanded especially in places such as iraq right now. you probably wont do much breaching (blowing shit up) cause that is what EOD has been doing for a while. but, now since we are pulling out of the cities, you will either go to iraq to help tear down bases and FOBS, or go to afghanistan to build obstacles, or help build new FOBS. FOB = forward operating base. its basically an outpost. we call them LP/OPs, listening posts, observation posts. it all depends on where they need you.

your job is rather dangerous, cause you also might be using a mine detector when you go out on patrols with the 03's. afghanistan is covered with them.

but the situation in iraq is no more. there is no war to be fought here. afghanistan is where shit is stirring up.

dont worry though, you will make mistakes, you will get yelled at, you will get fucked with, its part of being a marine, its what MAKES you a marine. eventually, after all the hard shit you do, you look at yourself how you used to be before you joined, and you will see a big change. dont worry about getting yelled at, again, be confident in what you do, and you will excel above all else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast