Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Hehe, a funny math thing

This is a discussion on Hehe, a funny math thing within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; ...dont go into math. University math is nothing compared to high school math. ok...listen When you have an equation who ...
Page: 4

TunaFishyMe

...dont go into math. University math is nothing compared to high school math.
    ok...listen

When you have an equation who have a common multiple, you can take it out and "cancel" them. Yes, you can blindly cancel the numbers but that isnt really what is going on. The reason why you can cancel them is because you are dividing the number of the left side with the right side. Since they are the same number, it results in 1. Since 1 multiplied with anything yields the same number, it seems that you have just "cancelled" out the number. HOWEVER, it doesnt work in this example. IN the example he gives, he is cancelling (A-B). So when you divide (A-B) by (A-B) you should get "one". BUT, he has already defined A=B. Which means the denominator is 0. The numerator is also 0. You CANNOT DO 0 divide 0. So therhefore you can't just "cancel" them out.

yes ma?

FatM4n

maybe i'm already throu university math

TunaFishyMe

edited

FatM4n

so u saing u ant divied with B)
    I see now, was a tiem ago I did that kind of math sumer holiday ftw

Immo

:mellow: :huh: ^_^ B) :rollseyes: -_- <_< :unsure: :wacko: :blink: :lol:

NooBZilla

either way this isnt funny