Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

help guys with my homework plx!

This is a discussion on help guys with my homework plx! within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; i got given a printout of some photo thats supposedly a well known fashion picture. my job is to research ...
Page: 1

Kain_the_heartbreaker

i got given a printout of some photo thats supposedly a well known fashion picture. my job is to research it, find out what it is and write about it in terms of its historical context, trend and stuff. Ive asked ppl who do fashion, ive just come back from 3hrs at the library and 2 hrs of googling and im stuck. There is no search by image function which sux :/

so ya... heres the picture, if any of u know anything about it... please let me know.

Note: I DONT DO FASHION DESIGN, this is for a DESIGn paper for my digital design course.

did your teacher give you any hints at all? or did she just give you the picture and say here find it?

Banned

It's the Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci. It was painted during the late Renaissance. Historically, the renaissance was a time of knowledge - to abandon the present, and seek enlightment in old roman traditions. The most unique thing about the painting is her hat. When Da Vinci painted the portrait, he was inspired by the late Bozo the Clown and his ability to juggle countless amounts of blazzing fire balls while wearing large hats. He was so amazed by Bozo's ability that he contructed a very famous diagram - The Vitruvian man, which scholars mistakenly believe to be the symbol for humanism. That is incorrect, in fact it was actually meant to illustrate how Bozo used to juggle the blazzing fire balls naked without fear for personal safety. Bozo was not afraid of being burnt.

Kain_the_heartbreaker

did your teacher give you any hints at all? or did she just give you the picture and say here find it?[/b]
    the only hints ive managed to gather are the following:

1. its post war period fashion
    2. its probably french
    3. it looks like christian dior

so yea... basically no direct clues whatsoever, im just suposed to ask ppl and find out about it. gay assignment /cry

It's the Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci. It was painted during the late Renaissance. Historically, the renaissance was a time of knowledge - to abandon the present, and seek enlightment in old roman traditions. The most unique thing about the painting is her hat. When Da Vinci painted the portrait, he was inspired by the late Bozo the Clown and his ability to juggle countless amounts of blazzing fire balls while wearing large hats. He was so amazed by Bozo's ability of juggling that he contructed a very famous diagram - The Vitruvian man, which scholars mistakenly believe to be the symbol for humanism. That is incorrect, in fact it was meant to illustrate how Bozo used to juggle the blazzing fire balls naked without fear for personal safety. Bozo was not afraid of being burnt.

[/b]
    i appreciate the humor but i doubt u would get me a pass with that reply. so ty but no thnx.

hmmm i'll help ya search it up since i'm freakin bored right now.

Kain_the_heartbreaker

hmmm i'll help ya search it up since i'm freakin bored right now.[/b]
    cheers mate

Kain_the_heartbreaker

thnx, but they still dont really tell me what or who it is :S

i appreciate ur effort bro

from those yahoo questions dave did:

http://www.tfaoi.com/aa/1aa/1aa393.htm

Fashion

The exhibition presents the fifty-year span of Penn's fashion editorial assignments, from his first Vogue cover in 1943 to recent photographs of Japanese fashion designer Issey Miyake's contemporary designs. Penn's initial fame as a leading fashion photographer came in 1950 when his technique of removing models from traditional settings modernized fashion photography. He drew attention to the clothing and accessories by eliminating props and photographing models isolated against stark surfaces. Harlequin Dress (1950), illustrates the elegance and simplicity of such images. The occasional inclusion in the photographic frame of wires or cords from the set serve as a reminder that the glamour of the image is manufactured in a studio. (left: Harlequin Dress (Lisa Fonssagrives-Penn), New York, 1950 (print March 1979), Platinum palladium photograph, The Art Institute of Chicago, gift of Irving Penn (1996.236), © 1950 (renewed 1978) by The Condé Nast Publications, Inc.)

More recent highlights include provocative photographs of Issey Miyake's designs that inspired the designer in the 1980s. In his essay in the exhibition catalogue, Miyake said, "The clothes have been given a voice of their own! ... Here were my clothes, but shown in such a way that they appeared totally new to me." (Irving Penn, 43) Also on view are several of the 160 cover assignments that Penn has completed for Vogue since 1943·

fonzy

is that the bad guy from 101 dolmations?

sexy Owa

lmao reagen your so lame. no its not that bitch from 101 dolmations

Hennessy

lmao reagen your so lame. no its not that bitch from 101 dolmations [/b]
    rofl it deos look like her though , got to admit, she even has the sweater xd

Kain_the_heartbreaker

from those yahoo questions dave did:

http://www.tfaoi.com/aa/1aa/1aa393.htm

Fashion

The exhibition presents the fifty-year span of Penn's fashion editorial assignments, from his first Vogue cover in 1943 to recent photographs of Japanese fashion designer Issey Miyake's contemporary designs. Penn's initial fame as a leading fashion photographer came in 1950 when his technique of removing models from traditional settings modernized fashion photography. He drew attention to the clothing and accessories by eliminating props and photographing models isolated against stark surfaces. Harlequin Dress (1950), illustrates the elegance and simplicity of such images. The occasional inclusion in the photographic frame of wires or cords from the set serve as a reminder that the glamour of the image is manufactured in a studio. (left: Harlequin Dress (Lisa Fonssagrives-Penn), New York, 1950 (print March 1979), Platinum palladium photograph, The Art Institute of Chicago, gift of Irving Penn (1996.236), © 1950 (renewed 1978) by The Condé Nast Publications, Inc.)

More recent highlights include provocative photographs of Issey Miyake's designs that inspired the designer in the 1980s. In his essay in the exhibition catalogue, Miyake said, "The clothes have been given a voice of their own! ... Here were my clothes, but shown in such a way that they appeared totally new to me." (Irving Penn, 43) Also on view are several of the 160 cover assignments that Penn has completed for Vogue since 1943·[/b]
    OMFG I LOVE YOU ARCA, SEX!!???

Why cant someone post something more interesting, that challenges the brain

Da Camel Senior Member Killing spree's Avatar

Why cant someone post something more interesting, that challenges the brain [/b]
    cause then they have to think

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast